ValeoFX's Trading Method... - page 7

Hello Valeo,

Thanks for such work, that's great.

For the period converter, here is the period converter optimized (low cpu usage).

It is simply the most downloaded indicator from mql4.com

I think it's the same as Pauluk ?

Period Converter Optimized - MQL4 Code Base

Enjoy

Pauluk:
I use this one, seems to not impact on performance on my pc. Is this the same you use? Pardy

Hi Pardy,

It is the same one that I use, but I see that BigJoe had just posted another one, so I will give that a try and let you guys know.

Thanks again Joe, much appreciated.

Hi Valeo

Will you post the schaff indies here you are using. I know I could search for them however I would like to have the exact ones your using. Thanks in advance.

Lower TF's

suk1000k:
I have been experimenting with M2 charts. I keep it a lot simpler than this actually. Anyone else?

I too successfully use a lower TF. I use the M1 to give me better entrys from our normal M5 signals. When I get a valid set-up on my M5 chart I then start looking at an M1 chart containing a Hercs Stochastic Oscillator(5,5,3). If the STO is moving opposite the entry then I simply wait for a reversal and then enter the trade only if the M5 set-up has remained valid. This simple technique has saved me from several "traps". If the direction of the STO supports the entry, I take it immediately rather than wait.

Request for indicators...

BlueWhale:
Will you post the schaff indies here you are using. I know I could search for them however I would like to have the exact ones your using. Thanks in advance.

Just posted them, BW.

Joe SDF:
I too successfully use a lower TF. I use the M1 to give me better entrys from our normal M5 signals. When I get a valid set-up on my M5 chart I then start looking at an M1 chart containing a Hercs Stochastic Oscillator(5,5,3). If the STO is moving opposite the entry then I simply wait for a reversal and then enter the trade only if the M5 set-up has remained valid. This simple technique has saved me from several "traps". If the direction of the STO supports the entry, I take it immediately rather than wait.

Thank you for sharing Joe. I will check it out as well. I am concerned that the setting may be too fast, my friend? On the other hand I know how miticulous you are so I will let it run for today to see how it performs.

Files:
tsd-m5__sto.gif  70 kb

NOw for my Template...

OK, here is how I am trading the M5 TF at present. I will not recommend this TF unless you understand something about divergence and that you accept that divergence does not always work out.

I use the TRIX which was converted by FinGeR Alex with original by Luis Damiani. I thank them for this great work of art.

Let us just simply measure the performance based on what we had discussed this far in the previous 2 posts. Fair enough?

The Red/Lime-Arrows are the divergences and they are marked with lines on both the candles and the indicator itself.

You might be confused by the entries @ 07h55 and 09h50 because you do not have 2 lines crossing, but I hope you can see that the top lines turned RED where the entries were.

Comments are welcomed as always and better still, any improvements will be deeply appreciated.

Best wishes.

Valeo

Thank you greatly for all of this information and setup Valeo!

If you don't mind me asking, would you post a long trade or two

for comparison? The reason is..I feel confident in my view

of the schaff and plot overlay for shorts, but looking at

my charts I had a much harder time finding longs that

they lined up with the rest of the setup saying yes.

Seeing an example or two from you, when you

can, I think would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Brian

Reason: