The Simba Con Man - page 23

useful indicator

jturns23:
Thanks Simba, very useful indicator.

jturns23,

Thanks for your kindness but it is undeserved..It was Pupsik who created and posted the indicator,so he is the one to deserve our Thanks

Regards

Simba

pupsik;

Thnx for sharing your indicator ..

But on my FXDD charts, on the Daily & Weekly charts, the indicator becomes like a step function .. straight lines ..

Any idea why ??

Thnx again

Hello

I would like to post 2 indicators of interest to users of centered SMA's. One I found (instead of having to create my own), which extrapolates the averages. However they descend into a straight line, where I would have preferred something more fluid (parabolic perhaps).

The other is a slightly modified version of the snake indicator posted here, defaulting to sma, close, for those who prefer the classic sma. I haven't used it yet but it seems closer to what I would like.

A public thank you SIMBA for your great work on this forum and helpfulness to everyone with an ear to learn and listen

My friend

codobro:
Hello

I would like to post 2 indicators of interest to users of centered SMA's. One I found (instead of having to create my own), which extrapolates the averages. However they descend into a straight line, where I would have preferred something more fluid (parabolic perhaps).

The other is a slightly modified version of the snake indicator posted here, defaulting to sma, close, for those who prefer the classic sma. I haven't used it yet but it seems closer to what I would like.

A public thank you SIMBA for your great work on this forum and helpfulness to everyone with an ear to learn and listen

My Friend,

Thanks for your thanks ..Actually We should thank a lot of people that cooperated and helped to make several of "my"(our) threads useful...Igorad,Malcik,Frantacech, mainly and many others that cooperated with a few helpful posts..You are one of them...Thanks for your post and your indicators,I will try them and comment in a few days.

Regards

Simba

Smiles that you can feel

Practice safe Sex..Use an Airbag

Definitely your Snake Sma is a go..the other indy,unfortunately doesn`t seem to be very good at eliminating noise...you need to devise a companion indicator for the Snake Sma..one that gives you smiles that you can feel in your hip pocket ..If you don`t find it,just use SnakeSma as a standalone..it is good,after all,if you drive carefully,you don`t need an airbag .

Regards

Simba

Know why

He that does know why,knows therefore...;)

I have done a cyclic analysis with the spectrum analyzer for GBPJPY,and I have found a nice 56/57 periods cycle that is the dominant one.

The cycle is persistent at both H4 and H1 timeframes...additionally ,at the lower timeframes there is a 54 periods cycle on M5 which is similar enough to allow us to do a 3TF analysis.

So,we use Snakes Half Cycles at 28 and 14..and 7 if you are really into it and want to use 3 snakes.

See the pics...

1-H4:Looks like the cycle is almost complete since the cross is at about half length of the downswing,within the +-10% span allowed...Only thing not yet there is that there is no trendline cross yet,so,we still haven`t got an entry signal.

2-H1:Situation is somehow chaotic and unclear,probably there could be a downward rebound to the inner trendline...This could be a nice spot for a partial long entry..Taking into account the H4 timeframe general frame.

3-M5:Looks like we have a completed cycle,so if there is a trendline cross(at bar close..bar close> trendline) we could try to take a partial entry here,with stops below previous inmediate lows..Taking into account the chaos at H1,this looks like a risky proposition,but the setup is there.

I leave to ALL those people interested in this method to post their charts for other pairs,and their findings so that we can comment on them.

BTW..for GBPUSD the dominant cycle at H4 is 123 periods..try Snakes with half periods of 61 and 30 and post your opinion about this pair.

Regards

Simba

Files:
gjh4.gif  46 kb
gjh1.gif  43 kb
gjm5.gif  40 kb

Interesting

Interesting what the picture is showing us...Not yet,but soon

Files:
gbpjpyh1.gif  63 kb

Snake

Hello Simba,

How's it going? Looking at gbpusd on H4 looks like downmove may be over for awhile according to snakes, find it very interesting how the MA tails are pointing up, like they are leading the way.

tools

mrtools:
Hello Simba,

How's it going? Looking at gbpusd on H4 looks like downmove may be over for awhile according to snakes, find it very interesting how the MA tails are pointing up, like they are leading the way.

tools

Hi tools,

Thanks for your comments...Long time no see and ,as usual,a pleasure to have you in a thread.

Sorry to dissappoint you,but the tails pointing up is due to a "design defect" of the indicator,last endpoint is not drawn right...Try it with the visual tester

and you will see.

I have found that no matter what ma you use..sma,lwma,ema,etc..the end snakes are always the same,try it to believe ,so,since LWMA is the mode that generates less drawing errors at end point,this is the one I use.

I am not sure about a potential upturn,actually I haven`t any idea about future direction,so,I am out of the markets(with the exception of the ES)and currently tracking GBPUSD trough price and volume analysis to see if It confirms or not a potential change in direction.

The JPY pairs look extremely dangerous to be followed by snakes,cycles,etc...unless applied to the d1 and w1 timeframes..even so,just check the volumes of USDJPY on W1 and you will realize that something fundamental have been changing....

In any case,since there are still people kind enough to be interested in this old thread,I decided to check if by combining snakes at H4 and H1 we could nail a few short term trades in both directions,and to do so,the trick will be to get price confirmation by trendline crossover.

IMHO there is a shift of perception away from risk that had led players to liquidate the remains of the several carrytrades still alive,so,looks like demand for JPY is increasing,while the reality is that this is a forced demand produced by GBP,AUD,EUR,USD liquidation...Now,when the usual japanese government interventions will appear?You will start seeing warnings soon.

Snake

Was figuring it was too good to be true actually these snakes are a mod using Igorad's All Avg's this picture is the same setup except using his T3 check out the tails.Like to post the mod but not sure if his All Avg.v2.3 is public or elite.

Reason: