The Simba Con Man - page 29

SIMBA:
Comments: Looks like you are trying to predict...I think it will be more useful just to focus and see if the change in slope in h4 happens with a TL breakout...then just enter with a reasonable target...additionally you could just wait to see if the downward turn in h1 happens(probably after approaching/touching previous highs near 176.39) and apply the same strategy...as it is now,the cycle is still up.

Yes i agree. It's easy to learn when you are wrong in public. :-)

cl

Hurst

Think on my daily chart was to early with my projection(was using resistance from 5 days ago.) due to the fact there was no cross on upturn yet but did hit projection think idea in this case maybe once you cross your trendline enter trade, stay in longterm, wait for cross, make your projection,then place breakeven or start trailing at projected area. Should be no problem after a cross to make a projection then place a breakeven or trailing stop at projection, if the MA's expoliate to make the new cross for instance in gbpusd's(M5) case now won't matter anyway because the new cross will happen forward of the old cross you still have your projected price at least. Could have used this on the M5 projection and still be in the trade.Just an idea!

clahn04:
GBPJPY analysis -

The immediate bull correction seems to be over. Both the 1 hour and 5 minute are at their projections. The 4 hour is still down, but turning up. I think it's too early to tell if the move downward as shown by the 4 hour is over or not. Only time will tell. If it is over, it appears we are in for a correction before the march upwards continues ( as shown by the 1 hour being at it's projection...it still could run). Watching the 4 hr is paramount.

Thoughts?

All the best,

cl

Comments:

Looks like you are trying to predict...I think it will be more useful just to focus and see if the change in slope in h4 happens with a TL breakout...then just enter with a reasonable target...additionally you could just wait to see if the downward turn in h1 happens(probably after approaching/touching previous highs near 176.39) and apply the same strategy...as it is now,the h1 cycle is still up.

If you look at the h4 chart,the TL has been broken and the cycle has turned(magenta line),as your indicator CLSlope rightly signalled hours ago,so,IMHO the best strategy for H4 will be to enter long on retracements at or near the 2 snakes(171.50/172.00...far away from actual prices) for a Target around 178.00...Additionally,you could wait until a new up cycle is formed in h1 in approx 28 plus hours.

If you want to trade the H1 then you have to wait until you get a clear change in cycle from up to down and then enter short with reasonable targets...you will probably get this signal very soon,since the upmove has been going for 33 hours and the half cycle is just 28 hours....and this has interesting implications for cycle analysis...see below.

Implications:When trend is up ,upswings tend to be longer than expected by half cycle length,downswings tend to be shorter...So,I believe there is very good probability that we have started an uptrend in H4(approx length is 28*4=112 hours)where we will see either a corrective 24 hours move or a range contraction to be followed by an upmove with range expansion on Wedenesday when both h4 and h1 cycles will align up again...Yes,yes,I know...this is predicting,and I am guilty of it ...as long as I just trade what I see and not what I predict(ed) this should be innocuous...on the other side,if what we see on Wednesday is an h4/h1 Cyclic alignment we will be prepared for it.

Files:
gbpjpyh4.gif  74 kb

may be you have it (i didn't saw in attachments list)

btw. interesting - red history line (trace) in Ang's PR2 (check on the tester)

fxbs:
may be you have it (i didn't saw in attachments list) btw. interesting - red history line (trace) in Ang's PR2 (check on the tester)

I"ve seen this before. How exactly do you interpret the lines?

fxbs:
may be you have it (i didn't saw in attachments list) btw. interesting - red history line (trace) in Ang's PR2 (check on the tester)

Interesting the visual tester experience...I have found 2 potential patterns :

1-When price closes above the predicted red line...trend goes up...

2-The predicted red line trend is a very good predictor of Future trend for prices...when the first changes,the second has changed and usually continues in the new direction for enough time to be used profitably.

SIMBA:
Interesting the visual tester experience...I have found 2 potential patterns :

1-When price closes above the predicted red line...trend goes up...

2-The predicted red line trend is a very good predictor of Future trend for prices...when the first changes,the second has changed and usually continues in the new direction for enough time to be used profitably.

Price being above and below the red line was the main thing i saw. I figured there was some interpretation of the lines beyond that. Maybe there is....

AS a follow up to our analysis yesterday...the continuation of the 1 hr after a 4 hour standstill has me curious..was caused the continuous charge forward...its probably not a simple explanation...but it the root that the timeframes are out of cycle right now?

what are the settings? I've got this on the chart with the defaoult settings.

Files:
eur.gif  19 kb

maccavity:

I believe the settings on the chart are for 1 hour. I'm not sure for other time frames. Maybe fxbs has some insight...

cl

maccavity:

Do a visual tester with m=2 and m=3...and you will see that once price closes above or below a predicted historical trendline(sounds strange,I know,but if you do the test you will understand why this is the right name)it usually continues in that direction,so the trendline is always repainting up,up,up each new bar,trying to follow the price...

Reason: