The Simba Con Man - page 25

Indeed it retraced to the snakes ..new target is 176.35.

Files:
gbpjpyh1_4.gif  68 kb

New Target Reached...;)

Simba

Very interesting indicator this snake thing. I am having trouble really seeing the usage of it. I am missing something here. Is there a post with the directions on how to fully read this indicator? I can look at it over the past and try to figure it out, but it would help to have a better understanding of what i am looking for.

Thanks

Cyclic analysis with spectrum analyser

Hi Simba,

Can you tell how do you perform cyclic analysis with the spectrum analyzer?

It is necessary some special software? Where can we found it?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Target

Target:
Hi Simba,

Can you tell how do you perform cyclic analysis with the spectrum analyzer?

It is necessary some special software? Where can we found it?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Target

Do a search in the forum for " Digital Filters Generator",this has been explained by myself and others several times in detail,so,no need to repeat....additionally you could search the thread/section "Digital Filters" and you will get so much information than you will be able to write a book ...The software is here at the Forum,is fairly good and it is free,so,it is worth your time...

Pipresponse:
Very interesting indicator this snake thing. I am having trouble really seeing the usage of it. I am missing something here. Is there a post with the directions on how to fully read this indicator? I can look at it over the past and try to figure it out, but it would help to have a better understanding of what i am looking for. Thanks

Directions...;)...Yes

1-Start at the beginning of this thread.

2-Until you get to the end.

At least you didn`t ask for an EA .....;)

SIMBA:
Directions...;)...Yes

1-Start at the beginning of this thread.

2-Until you get to the end.

At least you didn`t ask for an EA .....;)

Simba,

Could i have an EA? (Just kidding my friend).

Attached is something i've worked on for a while. If their is interest i will post the indicator. As we know everything is just numbers. If you are familiar with options and strategies associated with them, the Greeks help you to determine and manage your position at all times. Volatility, Time until expiration, price, etc, all have an impact. The two main greeks that deal with direction are Delta and Gamma. Delta is simply the speed. How fast is something going...X, Y, Z...whatever number you put in there. You can apply it to anything really. In our work on the Digital Filters page, it would be closely related to STLM, which is the difference between SATL and RSTL ( a SATL delayed by half its period). CL Slope ( my apoligies for the dumb name...when i'm testing i just make a random name lol) is basically that very indicator. The inputs are whatever you choose them to be though ( Hull Moving Averages, SATL RSTL, etc). In this case, the indicators are the snakes. CL Slope 2 is the equilivant of Gamma in options trading. How quickly is my speed changing, i.e. what is its acceleration. Expressed another way, how quickly is CL Slope ( the difference between the snakes) changing. If the snakes are starting to "slow down" and are reaching a top, then they start to turn. Over time this slowdown is caputred in the indicators. Let me preface this by saying i have not really tested this with the snakes. The applications i use this for deal with digital filters. However, these indiactors may help to judge the snake lines better in real time.

CL Slope crosses the zero line when our snakes cross. As price starts to turn, moving the snakes in that direction, CL Slope starts to turn. CL Slope 2 crosses the zero line when the slope has changed on the other indicator. Now my assumption is in real time things would be choppier ( the lines would be) because of the ever changing nature of the snakes. Repainting indicators don't bother me because i feel as if they are just updating with regards to the current environment. I wouldn't use these as a standalone, but the estimating capabilities may help to more clearly show turns.

Lunch is over and i'm back to work, but i will be back later as always.

All the best,

cl

Files:

CL Slope

clahn04:
Simba,

Could i have an EA? (Just kidding my friend).

Attached is something i've worked on for a while. If their is interest i will post the indicator. As we know everything is just numbers. If you are familiar with options and strategies associated with them, the Greeks help you to determine and manage your position at all times. Volatility, Time until expiration, price, etc, all have an impact. The two main greeks that deal with direction are Delta and Gamma. Delta is simply the speed. How fast is something going...X, Y, Z...whatever number you put in there. You can apply it to anything really. In our work on the Digital Filters page, it would be closely related to STLM, which is the difference between SATL and RSTL ( a SATL delayed by half its period). CL Slope ( my apoligies for the dumb name...when i'm testing i just make a random name lol) is basically that very indicator. The inputs are whatever you choose them to be though ( Hull Moving Averages, SATL RSTL, etc). In this case, the indicators are the snakes. CL Slope 2 is the equilivant of Gamma in options trading. How quickly is my speed changing, i.e. what is its acceleration. Expressed another way, how quickly is CL Slope ( the difference between the snakes) changing. If the snakes are starting to "slow down" and are reaching a top, then they start to turn. Over time this slowdown is caputred in the indicators. Let me preface this by saying i have not really tested this with the snakes. The applications i use this for deal with digital filters. However, these indiactors may help to judge the snake lines better in real time.

CL Slope crosses the zero line when our snakes cross. As price starts to turn, moving the snakes in that direction, CL Slope starts to turn. CL Slope 2 crosses the zero line when the slope has changed on the other indicator. Now my assumption is in real time things would be choppier ( the lines would be) because of the ever changing nature of the snakes. Repainting indicators don't bother me because i feel as if they are just updating with regards to the current environment. I wouldn't use these as a standalone, but the estimating capabilities may help to more clearly show turns.

Lunch is over and i'm back to work, but i will be back later as always.

All the best,

cl

Clahn,

I think that both Clahn slopes will be a fantastic addition to the thread,so,please feel free to post them if that suits you.

I can see that CB influenced your way of thinking too...;)

Thank you for posting your thoughts Simba, jumping in and out on M1 is an interesting way to trade cycles indeed

Clahn04, I would be interested in cl slope and cl slope 2 as well, thank you for posting the thoughts beind it as well

I agree that a trade should not be taken without a the trendline break, I was merely attempting to show where that may take place for anyone who may not be using them

I am adding a new screenshot, in it I have drawn where the ma's have crossed previously, as well as trendlines. The two closest trendlines would have to be broken in order for the cycle to change.

From the angles of both the ma's and the trendlines, I would expect this to take some time, perhaps another week. This is not including extended consolidation/retracement.

Files:
gj_h4_cycle.jpg  38 kb

Important

codobro:
Thank you for posting your thoughts Simba, jumping in and out on M1 is an interesting way to trade cycles indeed

Clahn04, I would be interested in cl slope and cl slope 2 as well, thank you for posting the thoughts beind it as well

I agree that a trade should not be taken without a the trendline break, I was merely attempting to show where that may take place for anyone who may not be using them

I am adding a new screenshot, in it I have drawn where the ma's have crossed previously, as well as trendlines. The two closest trendlines would have to be broken in order for the cycle to change.

From the angles of both the ma's and the trendlines, I would expect this to take some time, perhaps another week. This is not including extended consolidation/retracement.

Codobro,

Thanks for the chart...I wanted to add a very important comment.

The cycle hasn`t changed until you have at least seen a turn in the second snake(if you use 28,14,7...or 28,14...that means the 14)...AND there is a break in the TL.

If you compare the final snakes,no matter what ma you use,be it sma,ema,lwma...whateverma...the end snake is the same...do it,you will be astonished...so,which one do we want to use?The one that has less inflection at end point,so that when it paints a turn,the turn is there indeed...that means USE THE LWMA Snake...then wait for a turn and a TL break...then start projecting targets.

You can play with the visual feature of the strategy tester and replay the past and see how the snakes would have behaved...do it at a slow enough speed,like below 10...and you will gain months of experience in hours.

Reason: