The Simba Con Man - page 32

Petor

mladen:
Snake indicator is an indicator that caused a lot of confusion and misunderstanding

If it was called it's real name maybe, just maybe, all that confusion could have been avoided.

Snake is a centered triangular moving average with one way of calculating the last HalfPeriod bars values. Attached an indicator that is much simpler (coding) and thus much easier to understand what does it do. Values are the same for the two indicators

Hi, Mladen! I'm Thank You for thet perfect-Level! Shi is Super! Thank You!

Common problem with Vista

Hi IST.

It is general and common MT4 problem with/under Vista.

Still don't know exactly what is going wrong.

But the symptoms are usually happen when you try to load certain indicator and/or expert, or sometime when you try to compile something from Meta Editor while the file is still loaded in MT4 chart.

But, anyway, it's a strange one with your Vista which mentioned: "Windows Vista Professional", I've never seen it like that.

Vista has only Home Basic, Home Premium, or Ultimate, and the one with "Professional" is only in Windows XP as "Windows XP Professional".

Maybe you are the victim of Vista piracy ...

Sorry ...

Snake and crashes on mt4 v 223

Anyone else getting crashes with these digital filter indicators on the new updated MT4?

Crashes everytime I load one of those indicators. Most others appear fine.

thanks

----------

Problem fixed by reinstalling all of metatrader. sorry to trouble the thread.

I can't find the Simba Con Man indicator on this thread - is it still around, or was it removed?

Simba - are you trading with it still?

jhp2025:
Hi IST.

It is general and common MT4 problem with/under Vista.

Still don't know exactly what is going wrong.

But the symptoms are usually happen when you try to load certain indicator and/or expert, or sometime when you try to compile something from Meta Editor while the file is still loaded in MT4 chart.

But, anyway, it's a strange one with your Vista which mentioned: "Windows Vista Professional", I've never seen it like that.

Vista has only Home Basic, Home Premium, or Ultimate, and the one with "Professional" is only in Windows XP as "Windows XP Professional".

Maybe you are the victim of Vista piracy ...

Sorry ...

seems that this one is OKE

we might improve this one

have to change INPUT parameter before we can use it

-- as ellitot wave is for long term, this one, seems to be better to trade with it

it seem to lag and could be repaint

Files:

hi simba!

what a pleasent surprise finding your thread about hurst. i've been analysing the markets with his method for a long time now but always worked only with excel. you can imagine the work each time i had to try a new MA... the DDE wasn't working well and at the end i was tired of downloading and uploading data.

a friend of mine convinced me a few weeks ago to install MT and now it is like a new world in front of me. it will take some time before i'll be able to find and test what i need but i already realise the potential.

later today i'll try to attach first pictures of my excel work and i'd appreciate if we could proceed discussing this methodology. i believe there's excellent potential. i've developed my sw based on the analysis of the italian future, but this can be easily adapted to different indexes. as long as we can identify a cycle. and most of the times we can.

hope you come back soon.

cheers.

attached the monthly (blu) and bi-weekly (red) cycles for the italian future, TF 1H, as per close today.

you can see that each monthly has 2 bi-weekly cycles inside.

the algorithm is based on 2 centered simple moving averages, CMA(n/4) and CMA(n), where n is the cycle length and drawing the speed of cma(n/4)-cma(n).

cycles lows and highs therefor at the cross of the zero line.

being CMAs, the missing data is simulated by repeating the last value. you can see it when the future values are flat on the right and the cycles still drawn representing in fact their behaviour in case of flat values over the next periods.

the curves with simulated data are obviously more erratic, less regular.

cheers.

Files:
fib_1m-2w.jpg  229 kb

positive and negative cycles

a cycle is called positive if end > start, viceversa for negative ones.

if the max is made in the 1st/2nd half, a cycle is negative/positive. otherwise neutral...

in the picture below in the 2 blue boxes examples of negative 1M cycles.

cheers.

Files:
fib_1m-2w_a.jpg  228 kb

since my knowledge about digital filters is almost = 0, i have to take an empirical approach to identify cycle lengths.

this is an example of the so called 3M cycle based on history analysis.

the length in days is in the column 'durata'.

if i'm not wrong, 75 is a good value... based on this, i set my parameters.

my experience says that the 3M cycle is an excellent cycle to trade.

cheers.

Files:
Reason: