Interbank FX, LLC feedback please! - page 2

jdun:
Eric, how is your Gid EA doing in the live account? How does it handle large losses? Overall I just wanted to know how it work. Thanks!

jdun, I have been trying various grid setups on demo accounts and on a small scale in my live account. The live account is actually up slightly overall since I've been using the grids. It is a longer term strategy since you will have open trades that will be carried for a long time. I am starting to believe that the way to handle that is to make sure that you are not getting killed on interest while you are holding them and to make sure that even while the price is moving away from those positions you are still booking profits on other trades.

So I have started trading only in the direction of positive interest so that carried trades will earn interest while they are in the negative. Then you have to have a relatively balanced combination of pairs so that you can still make profits while those trades are losing. I am still experimenting with this. I will attach this week's statement from a demo that I am starting with this. It is long only on USD/CHF and long only on EUR/JPY so that any carried trades will earn interest instead of paying it and they are somewhat balanced against each other. I think I will add a short only EUR/AUD grid and a long only GBP/CHF grid too. The developer of this EA trades it the same way by having it open trades only in the interest positive direction with a relatively balanced portfolio of pairs. I am continuing to test different variations and combinations because the concept is fascinating to me.

Files:
grid.htm  58 kb

There are few version of this EA. Which one are you running right now and could you post it up? Thanks.

I was using MakeGrid192 until this week when huguesdb released v193. It is the same, it just has a few more user variables. I am experimenting with the grid spacing, TP level and other variables as well as what pairs and what directions to trade. It is definitely not an EA to use out of the box, I really think you need to define the variables to suit your style.

(It looks like this EA has also been posted by Fast_Cris in another thread--if admin wants to move this post to the Expert Advisors section, that would be fine)

Files:
makegrid193.mq4  28 kb

I want to note only that some different discussion around this EA is going on here as well https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173432

I have been trading a STD account with interbank fx for the last four months. This is the only place that i can find that is willing and able to support scalping on a high volume basis. Word on the street is they are inking a deal with the world largest liquidity provider. With no dealing desk, and soon to be backed in a big way, I am curious to see if anyone out there has opinions and/or knows where to find a better trading environment. Feedback please...

Eric:
I was using MakeGrid192 until this week when huguesdb released v193. It is the same, it just has a few more user variables. I am experimenting with the grid spacing, TP level and other variables as well as what pairs and what directions to trade. It is definitely not an EA to use out of the box, I really think you need to define the variables to suit your style. (It looks like this EA has also been posted by Fast_Cris in another thread--if admin wants to move this post to the Expert Advisors section, that would be fine)

What is your current variable for this EA?

Thanks.

jdun:
What is your current variable for this EA?

So far I am pleased with the following setup:

15Min chart with 50 period EMA (limitEMA (50) set to true)

Standard MACD (useMACD filter set to true)

Grid spacing: 20

TP: 50

No SL or TS

wantBreakout and wantCounter: true

doHousekeeping: true

CloseOpenPositions: false

wantLongs and wantShorts based on which direction pays interest

I can post an updated demo statement later today when I get home. I will post it in the 'Post and Compare' section. We should probably start a thread there for this anyway.

Reason: