The Simba Con Man - page 16

hello

SIMBA:
Chasing the shadow....good metaphor... My ideas about ZigZAG?Useful indicator if you take it with a grain of salt,real live trading you are going to get many false signals no matter what you use as s ZZ parameters ..conman as filter?really don`t think so,there are better indicators to use with ZIGZag,like parabolic,chandelier stops,etc on higher tfs and then taking ZZ entries only in the direction of trend...

i didn't know you are running another thread too simba ,,

good on you man !!

you are right only using a zigzag will kill everything no matter how you take it in a strong trend account will be dried up by too many false signals...

on the other hand your second choice of higher time frames trend and taking signals on lower has merit .. there are lots of things to talk about a lot of things on zigzags this is not a misterious indicator but i think the best out there to follow the price!!

i will read this thread now as i think you have created some kind of system on this one.. cool!.

regards

guyver.

Hi Simba,

Will you sell your Simba Con Man indicator with the instructions how to

update it?

Thanks Simba!!

I discovered Simba Con Man today, and read the whole thread with great interest!!

Many many thanks for sharing it!!

Regards from Brazil

Pepe

hi

hi Simba

this hurst thing is very intresting. i tried to understand the analysis you gave. But I didnt get the point how to interpret this four moving averages. once you said the shortest one is the most important. You mentioned once that with this sysstem its possible to predict how far a move can go, how strong it is. Is this only possible with the trendlines you pu or also with the moving averages? or dont say the cros of the movingaverages anything about the strength of the trend. and how you backtest this because you only see the the state of the moving averages on the last data. oF course you said to orginize the book. I will do. but maybe if you have time would begreat to have an explanation from you.

all the best

lodol

hurHurst

lodol2:
hi Simba

this hurst thing is very intresting. i tried to understand the analysis you gave. But I didnt get the point how to interpret this four moving averages. once you said the shortest one is the most important. You mentioned once that with this sysstem its possible to predict how far a move can go, how strong it is. Is this only possible with the trendlines you pu or also with the moving averages? or dont say the cros of the movingaverages anything about the strength of the trend. and how you backtest this because you only see the the state of the moving averages on the last data. oF course you said to orginize the book. I will do. but maybe if you have time would begreat to have an explanation from you.

all the best

lodol

Hi lodol,

Basically :USE ON D1/H4/H1 mainly

1-put smas related to the dominant trends(tip,use 35,51,69,105 if you don`t know the dominant trends)

2-Center them..ie:51 sma delyed by 25(half less one)

3-Real time predict where thecross will be,basically extrapolate once smas have turned..fine tune each bar,you will get better at it with experience

4-Take distance from low to predicted cross and add to predicted cross..this is the area where the top will be located(add +-10% of the predicted move)

5-In case of low prediction,same method from high..

Regards

hi

mucho gracias

i will try

I think you can try with this. No need to center but by nature this lines readjust with time (half cycle only). Use at your own discretion. I really consider this indicator the best to show the average price. None of the usual moving averages show the averages like this.

In this chart, snake settings are : 14, 33 and 95

Files:
snake.rar  2 kb

snake

Tragapips:
I think you can try with this. No need to center but by nature this lines readjust with time (half cycle only). Use at your own discretion. I really consider this indicator the best to show the average price. None of the usual moving averages show the averages like this.

In this chart, snake settings are : 14, 33 and 95

Tragapips,thanks a lot,this indicator seems extremely interesting for applying hurst centered smas without the delay(even if it uses lwsmas),thanks for sharing

hi

hi tragapips thx for indicator

hi simba

Thx for explanation. i tried now:

i take the purple sma and draw a trendline when other smas turn. then i take this point and look for high or low. two questions here.

the projected trendline (purple) has to cross with which sma ( the red one?) or (the blue one?) or (the green one?).

which high I take..of course in this example its clear but how far you go back to search for a high? or only the highest point after the mas turn?

then I projekt the pips to the cross point.

works incredible perfect, but i have to try more.

how much pips up or down you add to the projection?

and how you get the time projection? (from the other smas)

and its always only a projection from the purple sma right?

ok so much thanks to bring this up. i Think i understand some things.

so this is also not possible to program in an EA because its not possible to project a trendline right? its a visual thing.

ok buenas noches

lodol

Files:
hurst.gif  19 kb
Reason: