News Trader EA - page 16

Always a great EA for me.

another 70 pips X xLot real account on this GBPUSD interests rate.

Great work Igorad.

I plan now to open another real account only for this EA.

Anyone to post results / settings ?

And, Any news about the NewsTrader EA Grid version (from the idea of Chrisstoff) ?

Thanks.

dswk:
Always a great EA for me.

another 70 pips X xLot real account on this GBPUSD interests rate.

Great work Igorad.

I plan now to open another real account only for this EA.

Anyone to post results / settings ?

And, Any news about the NewsTrader EA Grid version (from the idea of Chrisstoff) ?

Thanks.

I did not trade this news.

Do you know that i am thinking.

I was very enthusiastic concerning news trading: i made weekly forex calendar, trying to optimize the settings and so on. But to do this great job with news knowledge just to take 10 or 15 pips with very big risk of retraicement and so on ... you know ... Not every news are tradable. It is necessary to know which one to trade. Because when I see some EA so I am thinking about trading with real money first and testing on demo account as a second only.

And I came onto conclusion that Chrisstoff's idea concerning grid is only way to trade the news now.

Otherwise it is very difficult.

Thus I came to the following:

1. It is possible to trade the news using this EA but it is necessary to be very comfortable with fundamental analysis and every news meaning, to read many articles and so on. Means, be in permanent leaning/busy condition concerning fundamental analysis and trading. So it should be some section in the forum or in elite section related to fundamental trading only.

or

2. use Chrisstoff's idea concerning grid to improve EA. In this case we should learn as well. But we do not need to spend all our time for this fundamental analysis. We need just some basic analysis and basic calendar with some explanations and level. But it is myuch more easy than 1st case.

So I am waiting for the grid Newstrader as Igorad promised.

Besides, I have some crazy idea: is it possible to predict the direction of the price movement during the news? many forums are having forex calendar. But if we are able to create one with the direction of the price movement (uptrend or downtrend)? It may be great.

And do you know what is BreakEven in EA's settings? It may be very usefull. If BreakEven =10 so it means the following:

we open buy on 1.9617 for example and price went up to 1.9627. And stop loss will be moved to 1.9817. We may reduce the losses.

Thank you for your interest in grid setting for trading some news. In the meantime I was thinking on the code. Here are some snippets that I think would be nice to applicate into NewsTrader EA (I have to remark I am not a programmer, so these parts could be wrong and in not any case are complete):

extern int n = 5; // Number of straddle pairs to place

extern double OG = 13; // OrderGap

extern double GD = 8; // Grid Distance

extern int slippage = 3;

extern double SL = 20;

extern double TP = 20;

extern int MagicB = 12345;

extern int MagicS = 23456;

int i;

double SellTicket,BuyTicket;

i=1;

for(i=1;i<=n;i++)

{BuyTicket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,(Ask+(OG+(i-1)*GD)*Point),slippage,(Ask+(OG+(i-1)*GD-SL)*Point),(Ask+(OG+(i-1)*GD+TP)*Point),"BuyID",MagicB,0,Blue);

}

i=1;

for(i=1;i<=n;i++)

{SellTicket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,Lots,(Bid-(OG+(i-1)*GD)*Point),slippage,(Bid-(OG+(i-1)*GD+SL)*Point),(Bid-(OG+(i-1)*GD-TP)*Point),"SellID",MagicS,0,Red);

}

This way the first order gap and all the other relevant parameters could be set by the user depending on the nature of the news in question. The grid on the opposite side does not necessarily need to be deleted when the first side became active. It could be set by a boolean variable.

Perhaps Amazing EA worths to take a look at.

A weakness of my suggested solution is that it needs a brokerage that does not increase the spread during news time. If there is a big increase in spread that could be disastrous.

chrisstoff:
Thank you for your interest in grid setting for trading some news.

A weakness of my suggested solution is that it needs a brokerage that does not increase the spread during news time. If there is a big increase in spread that could be disastrous.

But, using the Igorad version, can we just build a grid Before and After the market price B4 the news like we actually place only a SellStop and a BuyStop?

We just need to multiply orders in a grid no ? i'm wrong ?

dswk:
But, using the Igorad version, can we just build a grid Before and After the market price B4 the news like we actually place only a SellStop and a BuyStop? We just need to multiply orders in a grid no ? i'm wrong ?

Yes, this is my idea as well. I tried to build in something similar codes to the EA about two weeks ago but I did not succeed. The thing is that I haven't tried it since then because I had no time for that. Perhaps during the weekend I try again, provided I would have time.

Hi,

The idea of Christof is great, but with wich broker can that EA function during a news volitile market? One that not freezes his dealstation or increases the spread to the level of the grid ?

I am looking forward to test the EA with a real account during a newsevent. (and a small 0.1 lot first )

JP

Please find NewsTrader_v5 created by Igorad according to chrisstoff's idea here and here:

hedge and trailing of opposite orders were added.

Files:

newdigital:
Please find NewsTrader_v5 created by Igorad according to chrisstoff's idea here and here: hedge and trailing of opposite orders were added.

Thank you very much for the new version of the EA

I will test it as soon as I can!

chrisstoff:
Thank you very much for the new version of the EA I will test it as soon as I can!

Igorad asked to test it to find preliminary settings. Because he wants to make next version where the settings will be in separated file for every pair, news, rank sorted for every case.

I still did not open this EA in MetaEditor: very busy for this weekend posting the statements for this elite section.

newdigital:
Igorad asked to test it to find preliminary settings. Because he wants to make next version where the settings will be in separated file for every pair, news, rank sorted for every case. I still did not open this EA in MetaEditor: very busy for this weekend posting the statements for this elite section.

Hi Newdigital,

It is very good idea from Igorad It will be the most sophisticated news trading EA ever if he completes the developments you mentioned above.

Since you are very busy now, I would like to ask you if it is better to prepare the news file for ourselves this time? Or do you think you will have time to do that tomorrow?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Reason: