PolyFitScalper - page 58

odysseus11:
OK, fixed the issue.

New version does filter any entry where CFB is not greater than CFBlev (user settable).

One thing more:

Mr tools, since u made the newsfilter mod, have you actually used it?

I ask because I have it running on a few platforms, and on one in particular (IamFX) I had it running 24/5 but with the newsfilter on, and as you can clearly see from the following pics, even though the text onscreen says "avoiding high impact news" it actually placed the orders anyway (and blew the account, thank god it was a demo). Really need to know if the news filter WORKS...!

Odysseus

Odysseus

Thanks for your work on this Ea and for your testing, somewhat confident i found the problem with the news filter, and think it may be working, but like i said before no way of knowing, far as i know, except by forward testing.

thanks will test it

Mr tools and or Mladen:

Sorry to be such a pain with this one, just trying to get it to run correctly!

Note in the picture, the display says "time condition: NO", and yet I have schedule mode to 0 and set the actual start/end times to run 24 hours..

and it in fact does seem to NOT trade when the display says "NO" for time condition but I cant be sure ... I am baffled. PLEASE HELP!

Odysseus

Files:

odysseus11:
Mr tools and or Mladen:

Sorry to be such a pain with this one, just trying to get it to run correctly!

Note in the picture, the display says "time condition: NO", and yet I have schedule mode to 0 and set the actual start/end times to run 24 hours..

and it in fact does seem to NOT trade when the display says "NO" for time condition but I cant be sure ... I am baffled. PLEASE HELP!

Odysseus

Odysseus your not a pain am glad you are helping I'm sorry about the problems, getting so i want to hide in a barrel because of the news filter problems, but think its important to get it running correctly in this Ea then can be a template in other Ea's especially scalpers,(even if it seems we are the only one's interested), anyway when the time condition says "NO" means exactly what it says you are not using any time filters, so it should be good to go, why its not trading don't know.

Another update newsfilter still not right, for whatever reason around 5:30 pm, my time central U.S. the Ea opened a buy on UsdChf when i looked at the comments said "Avoiding High Impact News!"; so put the TSD calender indicator up and there was no high impact news went to another forums calender it said high impact news think it was around 8:00 pm my time for New Zealand, went back to TSD news calender it said medium impact, so there's more than 1 problem.

Anyway please treat this as beta version from now on till we get this straightened out somehow, (i just consider myself little more than beginner, especially in news filter and time condition type code).Added a TradeAllowed true/ false to the news filter if it is working right, if say you have high impact news coming up you want filtered it should stop the Ea from trading, also think the Tsd calender is in Gmt time, so added this include file(goes in experts/include), it has an TimeGMT() which when called should make the switch from server time to Gmt time automatic. I am almost to the point of starting over with this Ea maybe just use the Polyfit bands and build from there but still "almost"

thanks for your work tools, I will try it. I agree 110%, if we can get a news filter working right we can use it as a MUCH-NEEDED template for lots of EAs. Especially scalpers, as you said.

So when I look at my charts sometimes there are no trades when it appears at first blush that I have conditions for an entry, but there may be a condition that is filtering that I am just unaware of, I think perhaps the Polytrend condition which I have set to true, which is fine -

So OK, will try out this news filter version on my 24H one to see if it works or what happens.

Odysseus

so on the platform (IamFX BTW) where I have the start times and end times set to run hour 1 to hour 23 and schedule check=0 (so it should run 24/5), for "time condition", last night it said "no", and it appeared that there were trades it should have entered but didnt (which was why I asked about it)...and your reply was that time condition NO is fine, it means I had no time restrictions - which I shouldnt - but I JUST looked, here is the screenshot below, SAME platform just 12 hours later, and it says "time condition OK".

I HAVENT CHANGED OR TOUCHED ANY OF THE EA SETTINGS

So WHY does it say "OK" now? And how does that impact anything?

This is a separate issue from the news filter.

Again: under timing parameters, I have:

main time frame: 0

start hour: 0

start minute: 1

end hour: 23

end minute: 59

schedule check :0

schedule mode: 0

this should cause 24/5 operation right?

Odysseus

Files:

further update:

CAD bank rate due out in 30 minutes or so, but newsfilter says NO news. I have checked and rechecked the settings.

Odysseus

Files:

LOL,

as if we needed any illustrations of why polyfit scalper needs a newsfilter, check the below pic of what happened when trying to use it thru news.....pretty ugly

odysseus

Files:

Hi odysseus11,

yes, news filter can help.

But according to my experience: there are profitable pairs for this EA, and there are non-profitable pairs. Irrespective of any news filter. I mean: some pairs will never be profitable with this EA; and some pairs - will always be profitable (with or without timefilter).

It is what I am testing (pairs):

and it is all the trades closed today (no any open trades for now):

Our forex tsd calendar is tradable. I am trading it by NewsTrader EA automatically (high impacted news only). So, to trade it - I need as less high impacted news events in a week as possible. But to filter - we need as many high impacted news events as possible (to know them and to filter)

So, it may be good to use medium and high impacted as the filter (not high impacted only). I mean: EA should not trade in case of medium and high impacted news events. In this case - yes - we can filter big movement.

Just my experience.

Files:

ND,

I see what you are saying, yes.

I have been forward testing for a few weeks now, and the problem IMO is that this polyfit is a COUNTER-TREND scalper, and it martingales up as you know. Look at your closed GBP/USD trades from today as a good example. For me, that is too much martingaling. If you can put a lower limit to the max martingales, then you can run at higher base lot size.

I want to see only very limited martingaling in any EA I run, because to me a martingale means you are trying to salvage what is basically a bad trade. Since we cant be perfect, I can live with a small amount of limited martingaling. But using today as an example, my CFB filter and a WORKING newsfilter would have kept me OUT of those GBP/USD trades until just before they turned (as well as all the horrid CAD trades that stopped out), which is exactly what you NEED in a counter-trend scalper if you want to keep the martingales to a minimum.

So, bottom line, we need the implementation of the news filter to work correctly in this EA. And I see your point that we might need to filter medium news as well for some pairs.

BTW just to add some icing to the "this EA doesnt work right" cake, below is a pic showing a CAD/JPY entry that looks incorrect because the long entry was taken and the price wasnt even outside the polyfit bands!!! I'm pulling my hair out with this thing!

NOTE that clearly now this version is opening entries when the cfb filter condition allows, and is ignoring the PF bands!!

Odysseus

Reason: