Here's a statement for a test I started Sunday Evening. Settings are:

Lots= .01

MM= True

Risk=1

TP=15

MT=5

Pips=15

Other settings are False or 0.

Hopefully, it will make it through some news or spike without flipping out. I have not seen more than two trades opened at one time yet.

Well this setup performed nicely through the week with steady positive gains.....Until the news spike/head fake this morning on the Euro. Bipolar doesn't appear to react any different than goblin on these quick moves.

Files:
bipolar2.htm  29 kb

the gains not impressive but this set up survived the fast move today.

equity is up 129$

tp=15

pips=23

rsx peroid=3

rsx time frame=30

ran on 1 hr chart

my other demo is running same settings with rsx period @ 15. it has a 1.2k floating p/l so waiting for it to close the 5 open positions on euro$

$/jpy and aussie have 1-2 trades open so they did good today.

either set up will rake in the cash if when the market goes sideways.

Dave

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
the gains not impressive but this set up survived the fast move today.

equity is up 129$

tp=15

pips=23

rsx peroid=3

rsx time frame=30

ran on 1 hr chart

my other demo is running same settings with rsx period @ 15. it has a 1.2k floating p/l so waiting for it to close the 5 open positions on euro$

$/jpy and aussie have 1-2 trades open so they did good today.

either set up will rake in the cash if when the market goes sideways.

Dave

Dave

not looking very good

abrs70:
not looking very good

your missing the point. This set up is in positive equity.

If you got a set up that has more positive equity for this week post it.

the point is it survived the fast move.

this is one of those moves that test any version of martingale style management.

best market to test in so we see how it does.

xxDavidxSxx:
your missing the point. This set up is in positive equity.

If you got a set up that has more positive equity for this week post it.

the point is it survived the fast move.

this is one of those moves that test any version of martingale style management.

best market to test in so we see how it does.

There's a retail sales report coming out friday morning that will probably move the dollar, we'll see what happens.

bipolar's equity curve grows upward beautiful i'm currently running in a live account on IBFX. But I have two problems currently..

1) This puppy unfortunatly get's wrecked during news, I make it a point to turn it off during big news, but I missed this mornings interest rate statement announcement (yes i'm an idiot) and I basically got caught with my pants down. Is there anyway we can set this baby up with a time filter so that we can designate times of which it will automatically turn off?

2) As mentioned before I am running it on a live mini IBFX account using .01 lots on bipolar. Meaning that each .01 lot should be $1cents. However oddly each lot that is opened by bipolar is .08lots or 8 cents starting. And it progresses to .16, .32, .64 etc.. Risk is set to 1 MM is true. Anyone know of a reason why this would occur?

if you have money management = true, then it doesn't matter what lot size is set to...it will always choose the lot size based on percentage risk and existing account equity.

at 1% risk with .08 lots, your account equity is what...$800? $8000? I'm too tired to do the math right now.

Anyway, you get the picture.

sstillwell

sstillwell:
if you have money management = true, then it doesn't matter what lot size is set to...it will always choose the lot size based on percentage risk and existing account equity.

at 1% risk with .08 lots, your account equity is what...$800? $8000? I'm too tired to do the math right now.

Anyway, you get the picture.

sstillwell

I kind of had an impression that this was the case. Thanks for clearing that up.

In addition to adding the volatility based pip spacing with help from others, I added volatility based take profit levels. I put a lot factor in the ea that basically allows you to make the tp a certain factor of the pip spacing so if your pip spacing is 5 and your lot factor is 2, your tp would be 10. I thought this would be a neat idea but it doesn't seem to be as profitable as the fixed pipspacing/take profit version.

Files:

mikl_73112:
Well this setup performed nicely through the week with steady positive gains.....Until the news spike/head fake this morning on the Euro. Bipolar doesn't appear to react any different than goblin on these quick moves.

The dollar rose just enough yesterday to TP on the last buy on the spike and knocked out the large float, now we're back on track with the test.

I changed MT to 4 with fibo progression, and mm=false just to see what would happen in case of a big move on the retail data report, that's why the lot sequence changed at the end.

If we set up to weather these events i think we sacrifice significant gains in the ranging market.

I'm content with turning off the ea and closing open trades before news if i can get these kind of results.

Files:
bipolar3.htm  37 kb
bipolar3.gif  5 kb
Reason: