Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 19

No Multilot Scalper

one day ,your account died!!!!!! with MULTILOTS SCALPER.......

BE CAREFUL just one trade bad and it's finished for your trading .....

bluto:

hello

I appreciate you so much for all you did...

please kindly attach the fixed expert for me

unfortunately I've been not able yet to use the expert

tanks a lot for your kindness and attention

bye

vahid_shiraz:
hello

bye

have u used other experts before? make sure you switch on the expert advisor menu on top of MT4 platform and tick allow live trading box...

multi-tots

yea that is the EA and yes it can and will bomb your account in less than one day.

ill say this again. i like the way it allows winning trades to run. period. period. period.

let me rephrase for clarity.

yea that is the EA and yes it can and will bomb your account in less than one day.

ill say this again. i like the way it allows winning trades to run. period. period. period.

i don't recommend using this EA vs. Goblin. Goblin is way better. I was using multi-lots as an example to make a suggestion to Bluto about allowing winning trades to run. We are here to improve goblin and not recommend other EAs.

prelim results

chrisstoff:
I do not often publish my backtest results but now I think it might be worthwhile. Attached there is a Strategy Tester Report for a relative short period of time with nice results and 90% modelling quality.

So, many thanks Bluto, David and every other member who contributed to the development of Goblin Bipolar for the great work!

I have to remark though that I easily found settings with wich the account was blown up quickly - without manual handling of floats. So, finding the optimal settings and building in and using a proper money management solution is inevitably important.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

i've been testing these settings this week with nice results. +500 play dollars @ .1 lots with one pair (eurd)

this EA is making me a little bipolar i must say. but it seems to hold its own. its a little nerve racking to see this sell bottoms and buy tops then cut winners short then enter again in the same direction in a much less favorable spot. but it is in the green right now and this is a poor week to test so we shall see.

thanks again bluto for being one of the few that has stayed devoted to the continued development of their EA.

If you are wanting the expert please look in the first post of this thread it is posted there. cheers

vahid_shiraz:
hello

bye

From the first post...

** Tweaks - 12/28/06 **

- Noticed that the Turbo_JVEL velocity indicator was lagging the RSX signals. The experimental period setting of 17 was too long and was causing RSX signals to be confirmed and fired too late in the swing. Adjusted this back to a value of 7 (as with the regular Goblin) and increased the velocity factor to .02 +-. This should confirm the strength of RSX signals and help avoid flat periods. Revised EA is in zip.

Goblin Bipolar Fibo mode

Bluto,

Thanks again for your efforts with Goblin.

This is my test on Bipolar version from 12.24.06 with UseFiboLotSizeProgression=1

Timeframe: M15

Pairs: USDCHF, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDJPY

Broker: FXDD

Starting balance: $5000

Notice progression: 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.6. Shouldn't this be rather: 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5 ...?

Also when UseMoneyMgmt=1 it increases lots with 0.01. Some brokers do not accept that. Can you add option to round those numbers ?

tomstaufer:
Also when UseMoneyMgmt=1 it increases lots with 0.01. Some brokers do not accept that. Can you add option to round those numbers ?

The EA pulls that information from the account...if it doesn't support nano lots, it won't use them.

G_LotStep = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP);

if(G_LotStep == 0.01) {G_Decimals = 2;}

if(G_LotStep == 0.1) {G_Decimals = 1;}

hedge-order (vital importance for goblin)

bluto:
Interesting stuff! BTW, I'm going to steal a little bit of Goblin II logic for some added protection with this EA.... If you're in a trade cycle that keeps moving against you and you've already exhausted MaxTrades, the EA will place one last hedge order of an opposing order type @ (MaxTrades+1 * LotSize) at a loss barrier 10 pips above/below the last order. The TakeProfit of the last order is increased by an amount equal to the pip cost of the hedge order spread. This is in lieu of taking a stoploss. The EA will monitor the cycle, and when the hedge order comes back to OrderOpenPrice under sufficient velocity, it gets closed and the original cycle is allowed to complete the retracement. If the hedge order continues to move massively in it's counter direction beyond some arbitrary pip interval, we close it and take a small loss on the entire cycle. This should help keep drawdown under control, reduce stoplosses, and protect against giant countertrade moves.

hi , bluto

do you think to introduce the function to manage hedge-order, in goblin-bipolar ?

in my opinion this function is necessary for EA.

happy new year, giapel

Reason: