Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 43

bluto:
Ok, well at least we all know the score and agree on your general demeanor, and at least you acknowledge it. Call me "old skool", but I can assure you that most Fx developers and contributors worth their salt who have something of value to offer on these forums will avoid you like the plague. There's just no replacement for decent manners and you're dead wrong if you think that cocky arrogance and a vitriolic attitude are redeeming attributes of a successful trader. I wish you lots of luck because where you're headed, you're going to need it. You might want to start boning up on the MQL programming language as well.

Do you think Donald trump is humble? He is same as me. Most rich guys are that way. Same with Ted Turner. 2 of the wealthiest guys in the world are cocky arrogant people. Just like me.

Have you not read anything I have said about me. I am a full time day trader. I have achieved this all on my own with no classes, and no formal training.

I do not need any auto trade program. I do not need to know code.

I just thought it might be cool if a program could do what it is I do on a daily basis. And allow me to get out from in front of the charts more often.

And actually if you'd google my user name, find my thread and see my trades and you'd see that I am for real.

I also started taking alot more mid term and long term trades and am enjoying my success away from the PC more. ( with out an auto trade program.)

I will not rely on EA's to get me away from the PC. Because so far there is no real money proof that an EA will succeed over a long period of time.

But it would be nice. But not necessary.

"where I am headed"??.....I am already there.......

I offer my ideas to help people like you and other on here to achieve what I have.

Now How can we mutually stop this and just agree to disagree? Because we both obviously need to get the last word.

xxDavidxSxx:
Do you think Donald trump is humble? He is same as me. Most rich guys are that way. Same with Ted Turner. 2 of the wealthiest guys in the world are cocky arrogant people. Just like me.

Have you not read anything I have said about me. I am a full time day trader. I have achieved this all on my own with no classes, and no formal training.

I do not need any auto trade program. I do not need to know code.

I just thought it might be cool if a program could do what it is I do on a daily basis. And allow me to get out from in front of the charts more often.

And actually if you'd google my user name, find my thread and see my trades and you'd see that I am for real.

I also started taking alot more mid term and long term trades and am enjoying my success away from the PC more. ( with out an auto trade program.)

I will not rely on EA's to get me away from the PC. Because so far there is no real money proof that an EA will succeed over a long period of time.

But it would be nice. But not necessary.

"where I am headed"??.....I am already there.......

I offer my ideas to help people like you and other on here to achieve what I have.

Now How can we mutually stop this and just agree to disagree? Because we both obviously need to get the last word.

- Big difference. Trump & Turner have class, they have respect for their colleagues, and they temper their ego fueled drive with good manners. You don't.

- If you were already where you were headed, you wouldn't be here scavaging around for ideas and mining EA's.

- You can have the last word. Go ahead and post something, maybe a single icon even. I don't have anything else to say on the issue and I'm not going to waste anymore valuable time on it.

Maji:
Bluto,

I think the thread had enough fun with a little fist fight. It is like a hockey game, so why not enjoy it too.

Now it is time again to concentrate on the game. Your game is to get Goblin gobble up pips without getting gobbled by the garangutans.

Hi Maji...

You are absolutely right...again (man don't you get tired of that?).

funny guy this bluto

you don't have to believe I trade for a living. Mine and 5 others bank accounts say different.

I was trading for a living before I even knew about auto trading and meta4.

http://www.forexfactory.com/forexforum/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Journal Factory @ Forex Factory

belive it bro....now try to achieve it...."try"

My success ispublicly documented and very well known. Long before I found this forum.

faifarni:
I'm not a programmer but I've given it a shot... How do we introduce volatility based pip spacing?? Please take a look.

I think you're on it. I was actually thinking about that earlier today...the more volatile the market is, the more likely we'll get blindsided by a large swing in price...therefore we want to space our martingale (or fib) series out over a wider range.

We may also want to control the constant factor we're multiplying by (100 in your case)...something to experiment with.

Also (and this applies to all the volatility-based entries, or every occurrence of iATR), you may want to change PERIOD_D1 to 0, so it tracks the timeframe of the chart. That way, you're looking at the last 20 hours on an H1 chart, instead of the last 20 days. A bit more responsive, perhaps. That's what I've been tinkering with, at least.

Good idea!

sstillwell

Volatility based pip spacing

Originally Posted by faifarni

I'm not a programmer but I've given it a shot...

How do we introduce volatility based pip spacing?? Please take a look.

Files:

faifarni:
Originally Posted by faifarni

I'm not a programmer but I've given it a shot...

How do we introduce volatility based pip spacing?? Please take a look.

Hello,

When i ran the expert in visual mode i noticed that the volatility based spacing was not working properly, it would only place the second position according the spedicified Long/Short pips spacing but all subsequent orders would be placed close to each other and disregarding the spacing requirement. i have made slite modifications to the code and i believe it is working properly now and responsive to market moves. Please review at your earliect convenience.

Note, i also tooke the advice of changing the period to "0" instead of "PERIOD_D1"

Again, thank you to Bluto and David and everyone else that contributed to the creation of this EA.

Regards,

Pip:
Hello,

When i ran the expert in visual mode i noticed that the volatility based spacing was not working properly, it would only place the second position according the spedicified Long/Short pips spacing but all subsequent orders would be placed close to each other and disregarding the spacing requirement. i have made slite modifications to the code and i believe it is working properly now and responsive to market moves. Please review at your earliect convenience.

Note, i also tooke the advice of changing the period to "0" instead of "PERIOD_D1"

Again, thank you to Bluto and David and everyone else that contributed to the creation of this EA.

Regards,

For some reason the forum is not allowing me to edit my previous post and keeps logging me out automaticlly, so i decided to quote myself and repost. I have corrected the code in the attached file. Now the ATR feature works in the sense that the positions are spaced out.

To david and bluto,

You guys are both excellent traders, don't let some little "turf war" stop you from what is important. I one for recognize what both of you traders have done and continue to do. Do not add to the fighting in the world, stomp this here and just apologize to each other. We are ALL here for a common goal, and that is share ideas and ultimately produce a mean, green (or any other color ) pip machine!

Both of you experienced traders are responsible adults so set the example for the begginer traders, people will ALWAYS bump heads, but learn to forgive and forget.

Much respect to both of you,

B

on-balance-volume

Good to find the trends.

Look at this http://www.cmsfx.com/en/forex-center/forex-articles/on-balance-volume/

Reason: