Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 41

Now here's a short term FORWARD test that's almost at 100% return in no time. I ran this through NFP and it's had minimal drawdown.

Nick,

Files:

tnh_z:
big drawndown!!

Here's some backtests that I ran with settings that I also just started forward testing. I started each month with a fresh $100. The positive or negative number in the statement name is the ending net profit or loss for the month. Keep in mind that all these months started out with $100.

Files:
dec577.htm  222 kb
jan-59.htm  100 kb
feb560.htm  167 kb
mar144.htm  198 kb
apr775.htm  234 kb

Here's a statement for a test I started Sunday Evening. Settings are:

Lots= .01

MM= True

Risk=1

TP=15

MT=5

Pips=15

Other settings are False or 0.

Hopefully, it will make it through some news or spike without flipping out. I have not seen more than two trades opened at one time yet.

Files:
bipolar.htm  15 kb

crazyfx:
before dave came out with his separate majics idea Goblin didn't worked at all.

now with putting it on separate charts for buying/selling I found it was a clear improvement, even if it isn't safe enough yet, and credits are all to dave, so...

can you Bluto quit giving yourself so much credit for bipolar, ok? can we stop the bragging now, please?

the bipolar existence is insignificant, it is the idea of running goblin on separate charts that is counting.

further I totally agree with dave to flip the coin and try to boost a small account to make some money and then reset all, perhaps it is the only way to make these junk martingale systems working. my 0.002

Crazyfx,

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but the first time I ran the original Goblin on the default settings it tripled in value within 14 days. I have not been able to achieve anything close again with any of the Goblins... bipolar versions or regular versions.

This does not mean that both versions don't hold promise, because I think they do have great potential. I think it behooves us to be mature and to give credit to both Bluto and Dave; both for the original programming by Bluto and the innovative thinking by Dave to look at the EA from a different perspective. I think it is time to bury ego's and braggadocio and instead to begin cooperation in improving both versions of the EAs. Just my 2c.

Trader1

JanusTrading:
Well Folks........lots of excitement about the facts:

1.10point3 and also the improved hybrids Terminator and Predator(credit all to Bluto) all blew accounts of people operating them with unacceptable leverage .

While it is fine on Demo accounts, my desire is to trade with real money, instead of hyperventilating over Demo testing statements.

2.Bluto started Goblin in a public thread to gather ideas, very much like Hendrick with Phoenix.None of the two ever claimed or suggested that the "raw" versions and settings are suitable for real accounts, nor that they generate hughe profits on a 5k USD account, which allows the trader retirement in 1 year.

3.Unlike others, i am not at all a fan of the Bipolar idea, due to my personal opinion, that trading against the "swap", will eventually kill the trade, if the trader gets stuck in a position. Therefore i am trading all these month only in the direction of the positive swap. This idea was brought up by a trader in the paid part of this forum.

4.While i am always willing to learn, i very much doubted the ultimate success of a Bipolar version and now read carefully:

"with the posted settings= low TP, low max.Trades and very short pipsteps, specially on a 1 hour chart."

5.During my real trading over more than 6 month, i found it rather appealing to me to even extend the pipsteps way way beyond the original settings(20/25) to 40-80 pips, depending on ATR and Volatility of each pair. My TP is therefore very high as well, since i am running the Fibonacci scale in.

I found that these settings make this type of EA much more safe, take care in most cases of the "feared 300 pipmove without retracement", but require a high cash balance and patience until the trade unfolds. Very few traders, if at all, ever posted statements with these settings, due to the fact, that trades take longer from opening to closing(may take days!)

I am very happy to collect my high daily swaps, until the EA closes the trade eventually.Please note, that in "ranging markets" the original settings produce excellent results, while in strong trending markets the account faces a high probability of a margin call.My actual settings produce very few trades in ranging markets=low or no profit, but collect swap and really start trading in a strong trend, even if in the "wrong direction".

Even getting "stuck" is not all that bad, since the swap at least decreases your floating P/L each day.

6.Now you all might understand why a Bipolar version is not so appealing to me, since it has to run, as i call it, fast pipstep, instaed of my long /wide pipsteps.

If you all apply some logic into this, you will notice, that while a long/short might sound good in the first place it might not in the longer run.Using any sort of DLM system for scalping trading(low pipsteps) requires even MORE cash, than the wider pips, but for sure a stop loss protection.

This type of EA is a trading method and not so much a mechanical, indicator based system.(read the article "Trade like a dealer" in various trade magazines)

So i am not developing any codings, i finetune TP, pipsteps and correlation for each pair i trade. Second , i would love to trade GBP/JPY and GBP/CHF(highest daily swap vs margin required), so i am testing settings for these pairs(80-100 pipsteps).

Having said that, i am heading in a different direction and i am a happy reader of "autofx" comments about this EA. He might be new in this forum, but he is surely not new to trading FX, nor am i.

So lets get back to the basics and approach this EA without any arrogance or selfishness and try to find "settings", which work in real accounts and lets forget any posted "Crown Forex" demotrading, in which already the 5th trade gives a 240k position on a 1,5k equity account. This is not at all helping any real trader(it shows that this firms Demo account is worthless for testing and is surely no prove of great settings that work)............we already knew, that there is no leverage too high for any demo account.

Happy trading for you all.

Janus

Janus,

i totally agree with you, that is why my "moving grid" or "range" covers a 2000 pip range....it doesnt make an obscene amount of money, but it produces a nice income....it goes something like this, just an example:

LOTS

.02 100 pip interval

.02 200 pips

.03 300 pips

.03 400 pips

.05 500 pips

.05 600 pips

.08 700 pips

.08 800 pips

.13 900 pips

.13 1000 pips

.21 1100 pips

.21 1200 pips

.34 1300 pips

.34 1400 pips

.55 1500 pips

.55 1600 pips

.89 1700 pips

.89 1800 pips

1.44 1900 pips

1.44 2000 pips

-pipstep of 100

-TP of 200 for the first number

-TP of 300 for the second number

-different majic numbers to have one EA going long and another going short to cover all moves

-generates about 1000 a month on 10-15 pairs

-Only pair i dont trade is GBP/JPY

Let me know your thoughts......

Please help me in backtesting...

faifarni:
more backtests....

Faifarni,

I backtested EURUSD pair for May 2006 according to your settings.

First I started with USD 10,000 and got the statement of GBES_May_10000.ZIP attached with Total net profit -3953.60.

I thought the problem is with the initial deposit and set that to USD100 and got the statement of GBES_May_100 attached - that is, there was not any trade with those parameters.

I think I made something wrong.

Could you please help me telling how I could repeat your backtest?

Files:

Phorex Phreak,

Interesting idea.

Can you please elaborate a little more or start another thread discussing the same? Why are you choosing the lot sizes as described? Also, can you elaborate on the profit taking levels?

Thanks.

version of expert

faifarni:
Here's some backtests that I ran with settings that I also just started forward testing. I started each month with a fresh $100. The positive or negative number in the statement name is the ending net profit or loss for the month. Keep in mind that all these months started out with $100.

which version of the expert are you running in all these test?

glad you're back bluto!

elepoutre:
which version of the expert are you running in all these test?

This one....

With this one I just added an option to change the factor by which the lots increase and I removed the sma filtering option because David had stated that it was slowing down backtesting so I gave it a shot.

Files:
Reason: