Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 52

phorex_phreak:
bluto, are you ever going to let me test your new "jitterbug"??? sounds interesting, let me know......thankyou

Yes, I am. I always keep my word, but it's still a bit early in the timeline yet...mostly because I've been so damn busy with my daytime job and there are some rough edges to polish up. Unfortunately I'm a bit of an anal retentive perfectionist at times, but I'll take the hit for that. YTD profit growth % in live trading since early Jan 07 is about 85%. The Yen was really nice to the EA this past week.

moneymaxs:
who can help me, with version can i use for live account USD300 ?

I'd suggest you stay away from BiPolar and run the original Goblin with EXTREMELY conservative settings on one pair only....something like EURUSD or one of the ranging pairs. Keep your pip interval settings wide and maxtrades down to something like 4 or 5 with a starting lot size of .01 With that kind of starting capital, you need to be very very patient and let your account grow slowly because you're waaaaay off the radar as far as minumum required equity per pair to trade. Realistically, you should have about $4K - $5K per pair to trade with Goblin.

moneymaxs:
who can help me, with version can i use for live account USD300 ?

cyberia trader can do well on a small account like that. It don't make money like back tests show. But can make money with the right settings. (slow money)

no martingale will run on 300$ for long. It will bust. even with micro lots.

Dave

I'll 2nd that!!

phorex_phreak:
bluto, are you ever going to let me test your new "jitterbug"??? sounds interesting, let me know......thankyou

Bluto,

I'll 2nd that...I'd love to forward test your new "Jitterbug"

Trader1

ea

bluto:
Yes, I am. I always keep my word, but it's still a bit early in the timeline yet...mostly because I've been so damn busy with my daytime job and there are some rough edges to polish up. Unfortunately I'm a bit of an anal retentive perfectionist at times, but I'll take the hit for that. YTD profit growth % in live trading since early Jan 07 is about 85%. The Yen was really nice to the EA this past week.

no problem bluto, is it possible to get it before this sundays open?? if so ill send you a copy of my Advanced Grid EA, you can pm me or go to my blog and contact me from there.......take care bluto,

http://phorex-phreak.blogspot.com/

bluto:

Hello Bluto,

Yes, the Yen has been doing very well this whole month so far. Below are my current forward testing results. They were obtained by taking either a buy all or sell all position at the beginning of the week and holding the entire week.

I have some trading strategies which would be great to automize.

If you PM me, I could explain further.

Ericbach

Trader1:
Bluto,

I'll 2nd that...I'd love to forward test your new "Jitterbug"

Trader1

Me too,

Bluto .... I would love to join.

Please include me in your list as a tester and programmer.

E-Mail : joftp[at]swiftdsl.com.au

Best Regards,

popok

Goblin Bipolar Grid V3

Hi all.

I have been playing with the goblin settings like everyone else. In the end I have combined a grid ea with the goblin to try and prevent drawdown.

I have tried the attached ea on the EURUSD on an hourly chart and it seems to go okay. The grid is based on NonLagMA v5 and I have added this also.

If anyone is interested in playing with the settings and trying some different things that would be great.

It looks like this thread is about to take on a new direction so if you would rather I started another thread let me know.

xxDavidxSxx, can you tell, how often during 3 months of your forward testing, 5 positions's block after the 5th position was closed with the large minus?

Trader83:
xxDavidxSxx, can you tell, how often during 3 months of your forward testing, 5 positions's block after the 5th position was closed with the large minus?

Not very often durring normal markets.(once or twice a month from news) But forward testing at Christmas/new years opened max trades more than normal times.

Make sure the daily Atr on the pair is 90 or less. Optimal 40-60. If Daily Atr gets over 90 look to get it off that pair.

Dave

Reason: