Live Testing reports - page 45

Things improving

Yes Azbo, we might say that things are looking up, although I would like to see several weeks of testing to determine whether the EA is consistent before handing the monkey any real coin. Even with the high no of winners, I still have open trades that aren't into plus numbers yet.

BTW Bert, I do listen to you. I'm back to testing only default settings (albeit with a TS), even though you say that you have a dynamite optimization for 5.7.2 (you're just saying that to tempt me, right?). But I want to test all pairs for which there are default settings. What is the point of testing if you don't run the tests across the board, on all pairs?

I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to have an organized testing program, i.e., we could delegate who tests what and test a wider variety of settings, instead of having everyone repeating the same default settings. We could also assign people to test specific brokers to see how they shake down relative to the others. E.g., has anyone tried Compass?

I wonder too if it would not be a good idea to test only certain signals. I.e., some one should run only signal one, someone else only signal two, on all pairs. We might be able to identify weaknesses in the signal setup that way.

Just a thought!

Another thing to ponder. Some of my plus trades are going out on 42 pips, even though I have set a TS. I wonder if the TS is actually working.

Autumnleaves:

autumnleaves:
...I would like to see several weeks of testing to determine whether the EA is consistent before handing the monkey any real coin.

several weeks is not enough, let's talk months.... one of my demos started in early nov and was up 95% around jan 11th. if it was real money i could have cashed in around 45K. on the other hand i would have lost 30K the two following weeks. for the big bucks it is too early i agree but it is not too early to play with a couple hundert or even a thousand bucks to see how the EA performs with real live data and not some fabricated demo numbers. if you want to make money, you have to risk some money.

autumnleaves:
I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to have an organized testing program, i.e., we could delegate who tests what and test a wider variety of settings

i guess it would make sense - do you have the time to organize it? i can supply you weekly with my data, no problemo. just tell me what you need. if you want me to run specific settings, let me know. i can run at least 5 more demos if i need to.

autumnleaves:

I wonder too if it would not be a good idea to test only certain signals. I.e., some one should run only signal one, someone else only signal two, on all pairs. We might be able to identify weaknesses in the signal setup that way.

Just a thought!

i don't know about that. it is not going to be very time efficient. once you find good settings the market has probably already changed and the settings might not be valid anymore.

autumnleaves:
Another thing to ponder. Some of my plus trades are going out on 42 pips, even though I have set a TS. I wonder if the TS is actually working.

there we go again.... use 5.7.0 and you're find (just couldn't resist)

AZBOfin

bertbin:
Impossible that's right... But like you i liked to see a 70% winning, 61 % a bit to short to sleep well... not bad but a bit to short...

'cmon, now you crank me up. you live on a island in paradise with beautiful beaches and hot chicks where ever you go. you probably buy eye drops by the gallon.... and you are saying that you don't sleep that well... 'cmon... please...

AZBOfin

Systematic Testing

Yo Azbo!

I think someone who is a bit more expert in Phoenix development needs than I should handle organization of any structured forward (or back)testing program. Maybe PCContour, or yourself.

But I thought 5.7.0 didn't have a functioning TS. If it does have one then I might try it. But then again, what's the point in having 5.7.2 if nobody is going to test it?

AZBOfin:
'cmon, now you crank me up. you live on a island in paradise with beautiful beaches and hot chicks where ever you go. you probably buy eye drops by the gallon.... and you are saying that you don't sleep that well... 'cmon... please... AZBOfin

See you to morrow

Bad two weeks or just me?

Can someone please have a look at the attached statement and check if Phoenix opened similar trades for them.

I just want to make sure I have not suffed up the configuration somehow.

#1 Timeframe: 15M

#2 Broker: FXDD

#3 Settings file: Default (pref-settings)

#4 Real account

#5 Version of Phoenix: 5.7.0

#6 Phoenix modeL 3

JB_007:
Can someone please have a look at the attached statement and check if Phoenix opened similar trades for them.

#4 Real account

#6 Phoenix modeL 3

Hi There,

So sorry about the results, the past 2 weeks had also been losing week for me, but i am using mode 1 though.

Regarding your trade, i notice that you also have gbpjpy pair, i wont recommend you to trade this pair as according to my forward test, it is a losing pair, do everyone agree with this?

Regards,

J

jeremiahkn:
Hi There,

So sorry about the results, the past 2 weeks had also been losing week for me, but i am using mode 1 though.

Regarding your trade, i notice that you also have gbpjpy pair, i wont recommend you to trade this pair as according to my forward test, it is a losing pair, do everyone agree with this?

Regards,

J

Absolutly ! Settings of gbjpy are bad or out of trend. Since november I "fired" gbjpy...

JB_007:

#4 Real account

#6 Phoenix modeL 3

Sorry for you JB...

a/ Bad start...

b/ Put to garbagge eur/usd and gb/jpy... if you can that is to say without loosing too much on eurusd : perhaps this morning with the lift up of eur/usd you can do it.

c/ Pb with eur/jpy and usj/py which have been both profitable for me since the last 4 weeks

Good luck

Hell this morning !!!!

Reason: