Live Testing reports - page 43

autumnleaves:
Hi Bert,

Such flattery! You get extra pips for kindness.

So what is the problem with 5.7.2? I thought it was supposed to be basically 5.7.0 with some streamlining of names plus in mode 1, a fix to the trailing stop? What I want to test is the trailing stop, and that doesn't have any effect on the quality of the trades Phoenix engages, does it?

Actually I like the Heineken, so I think I'll leave it on. Thanks for the tip about Traders Dynamic. It looks good alongside Heineken. I'll post some charts later when a few trades start happening.

Personally I have no problem with 572.. I don't hate it !!! But it's a non stable version only for research, especially news settings. Go back to 570 last stable version... to have good trade(s)...That's all..

See you and cheers with Heineken

trailing stop

Thanks Bert,

What is the status of the trailing stop in 5.7.0 mode1? What I really want to test is the performance of the TS, so if it was not functional in 5.7.0, where do I go?

Autumn

FXDD up and running

I had some problems hooking up the EASY template and getting all the ducks in a row, but now all has settled down. My apologies to Azbo and Bert for the appearance of the screen and the fact that I'm still using 5.7.2, but I do want to put it to the test.

Here is a Sell that was initiated by Phoenix in a position where the other indicators seem to be saying Buy. How do you see it?

Files:

autumnleaves:
I had some problems hooking up the EASY template and getting all the ducks in a row, but now all has settled down. My apologies to Azbo and Bert for the appearance of the screen and the fact that I'm still using 5.7.2, but I do want to put it to the test. Here is a Sell that was initiated by Phoenix in a position where the other indicators seem to be saying Buy. How do you see it?

I've been doing good with the E.A.S.Y. method & Phoenix with their best modes, but I think phoenix is a different system and you either have to ACCEPT it or DITCH it.

YOUR CHOICE!

autumnleaves:
I had some problems hooking up the EASY template and getting all the ducks in a row, but now all has settled down. My apologies to Azbo and Bert for the appearance of the screen and the fact that I'm still using 5.7.2, but I do want to put it to the test. Here is a Sell that was initiated by Phoenix in a position where the other indicators seem to be saying Buy. How do you see it?

Go in H1 TF. Seems that trend is down...

(GB/JPY is not in my favorites pairs..)

trend or not

Hi Kreeper and Bert,

Thanks for your comments. I would like to stick with Phoenix for a while, especially if testing it helps with the development. I am happy to put in a bit of time if there are prospects for improvement.

Bert your point about the trend confuses me. Isn't Phoenix ignorant of trends? If I understand the philosophy correctly, Phoenix should look at a fairly compact time period and to react quickly to enter the market. The trend you mention should not enter into the calculation. Or am I mistaken?

Phoenix probably (and I don't know settings, data, or what the indicators had as values) noticed the fact the trends were slowing. If there are settings for Phoenix that mostly agree with other systems, that would be an interesting study.

If you choose the highest performing optimized settings and you don't test it on data that wasn't part of the optimization, you have probably just done curve fitting. This is why backtesting and forward testing often yield such different results. My suggestion is to backtest optimize, and then backtest the best results on your most recent data (a few weeks to a month) to see how those settings would have performed. I often found the highest performers did horribly, but a few results down you have solid performance before and after the tested period.

Forward testing

Hi Daraknor,

Actually I am using default settings, plus 5 maxtrades and 15 consecsig, all in Mode 1 of 2.7.2. The only adjustment is to TS, which I have put at 25 for all pairs, and I corrected a SL and TP which were apparently incorrectly entered in the code (values of 10 each).

The attached charts show the only trades entered today. I hope the EASY template with Heineken Asci candles and PAC and TDI indicators don't offend your sensibilities.

can you backtest and then check the other indicators to see if they agree? Also, it would make sense to note if Phoenix made or lost money, if the trend reversal occurred, and what the other indicators said at the same time.

I'm moving this weekend, and I won't be around until monday or tuesday. I looked at the charts and they all "look fine" because Phoenix wasn't jumping in the middle of a strong trend, but we don't know which system is more accurate until some large scale long term testing is done. I need to reread the system as well and see which blue bars should get a buy and which red bars should get a sell.

Rep

Home work of this week

1-Timeframe: M15

2- Broker: FXDD

3- Settings file: Defaults

4- Account : Demo

5- Version: 5.7.0

6- Mode : 3, full auto

7- Cur : $/JPY, GB/$, EUR/JPY, $/CHF

Comments : not bad : + 301 pips. But, surprise, surprise the light come from Orient from both US/JPY and EUR/JPY. It could be better, much more.... and it could be worst but really worst... Phoenix react OK, only a buy trade on $/jpy in the middle of week absolutly out of trend = SL hit x 3!!!)

Now after 11 weeks on Phoenix and it's different versions :

2 negative weeks = W :82%, L:18%

Pips +3388 Bucks : +2605 $ = +52,1 % increased capital

Avg per week + 4,7%

TT per cur

USD/CHF + 386

GB/USD + 1286

US/PY +15

EUR/JPY 1651

As you can see on the graph of second statement : cable is down and eur/jpy is leading the group

US/JPY ???!!!????

Have nice WE all

Reason: