Live Testing reports - page 46

autumnleaves:
Yes Azbo, we might say that things are looking up, although I would like to see several weeks of testing to determine whether the EA is consistent before handing the monkey any real coin. Even with the high no of winners, I still have open trades that aren't into plus numbers yet.

BTW Bert, I do listen to you. I'm back to testing only default settings (albeit with a TS), even though you say that you have a dynamite optimization for 5.7.2 (you're just saying that to tempt me, right?). But I want to test all pairs for which there are default settings. What is the point of testing if you don't run the tests across the board, on all pairs?

I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to have an organized testing program, i.e., we could delegate who tests what and test a wider variety of settings, instead of having everyone repeating the same default settings. We could also assign people to test specific brokers to see how they shake down relative to the others. E.g., has anyone tried Compass?

I wonder too if it would not be a good idea to test only certain signals. I.e., some one should run only signal one, someone else only signal two, on all pairs. We might be able to identify weaknesses in the signal setup that way.

Just a thought!

Another thing to ponder. Some of my plus trades are going out on 42 pips, even though I have set a TS. I wonder if the TS is actually working.

Hi Autumn

Listen :

Or you just test Phoenix with inside settings to see how the things are on XX weeks (longer = better) Then you are testing the stability and the ability of the EA to make profit to go after all on real. Just that.

Or you test the settings to find "Galactical Dynamite" settings... with all consequencies.. (SL + SL + SL coz to find new settings is a sh*t hard work as you know I am sure !)

BUT you can't do both ! It's a philosophical and technical contradiction !

With AZBO we are posting here our results every weeks and trying to explain what happend during the week... For my part I see a bunch of people using Phoenix and NOT sharing results...

Back in Paradise...

bertbin:
With AZBO we are posting here our results every weeks and trying to explain what happend during the week... For my part I see a bunch of people using Phoenix and NOT sharing results...

I like Autumnleaves' idea of a common spreadsheet showing trading results with different setups. the problems is that most people don't stick to the settings for a long period of time or they interfer manually. if they don't like what they see after a few days, they change the setups. i don't know but imho that's the wrong way to test if a trading strategy works or not.

AZBOfin

PS: bertbin, I am glad your blood pressure is in order again

AZBOfin:
I like Autumnleaves' idea of a common spreadsheet showing trading results with different setups. the problems is that most people don't stick to the settings for a long period of time or they interfer manually. if they don't like what they see after a few days, they change the setups. i don't know but imho that's the wrong way to test if a trading strategy works or not.

AZBOfin

PS: bertbin, I am glad your blood pressure is in order again

First part 100 % agree... (and some guy enter 3 hours or 3 mn = nonsense !)

Blood pressure : climbing up again !!!!

FXDD results Phoenix 2.7.2 defaults

Here is today's report from 5.7.2 in default (with a TS) plus some shots of the charts where trading has taken place. Overall, not very good, with more big losses on GBPJPY and EURJPY. The opportunities seem to be there, but Phoenix is not recognizing them.

Bert, what's this about minutes and hours? I don't follow.

autumnleaves:
Here is today's report from 5.7.2 in default (with a TS) plus some shots of the charts where trading has taken place. Overall, not very good, with more big losses on GBPJPY and EURJPY. The opportunities seem to be there, but Phoenix is not recognizing them. Bert, what's this about minutes and hours? I don't follow.

I don't use 5.7.2 but I can see some major difference with my trades using 5.7.0. The opening levels are very similar but the method of closing trades and reopening sometimes is totally different. Is this deviation from 5.7.0 normal?

One more thing, does the 5.7.2 also closes trades based on some conditions (I believe its not a feature in 5.7.0) or it just wait for the SL/TP to trigger? If NO, then whats the logic....why can't the EA be designed to exit trades at favourable conditions rather than wait for the SL to hit?

Thanks.

I would share my results, but I don't think it will do any good since I keep interfering with the trades (I just can't resist ). I guess I could set up another account that I just let run untouched.......

Take profit and Trailing Stop

Hi Takechance,

I think that what you are seeing is the result of the trailing stop. This results in many of the odd looking small profits that Phoenix is taking. However, I don't understand why some trades are ending on the Take Profit. I thought that when TS engaged it was supposed to cancel the TP and pilot the ship itself.

Hi all,

First off, many thanks to Daraknor for all his hardwork and effort to make Phoenix a success. I have been following along quietly...listening, learning and appreciating all the guidance(AZBO, Bertbin, autumnleaves, M6M6....and all the others) along the way. I look forward to all your posts daily. I have stayed behind the scenes because I didn't feel as though I had much to contribute, although I did open an account at FXDD (still waiting on Phoenix IB approval per FXDD) and have contributed to the Phoenix Fund. I am not a programmer, nor do I have much, if any, time to devote to testing and the problem with submitting my statements for Phoenix on both my Interbank and FXDD accounts, is that I usually can't stand to let either of them run their course without my my own manual intervention (which could be the biggest roadblock to my success ). I would love to contribute in someway (I even thought about offering to help Daraknor move this past weekend!). Please let me know if there is anything I could help with. Thanks again!

Odd trades

Welcome to Junkie and any other silent watchers. I really do think we need to set up a systematic testing program somehow. Perhaps some of the more experienced traders could map out a testing program so we can obtain more insight into the workings of Phoenix.

Here is a possible anomaly. These two pairs (EURJPY and GPBJPY) show virtually parallel movement, as the curves are very similar. Phoenix 5.7,2 opened two trades at virtually the same time in the pairs. Yet the trades are in opposite directions. How do you figure that?

Reason: