Live Testing reports - page 49

Broker: MiG

Default Settings

TF: 15M

Mode 1

daraknor:
Adam, you list IBFX but the statement says MiG. A minor point, but important nonetheless. Try FXDD data instead and I think the results will be much better. We choose FXDD as our nonprofit PhoenixFund IB based on the performance of demo accounts being consistently better week after week. Demo and Real accounts are reported to be nearly identical.

Yeah, sorry. Good catch. I wonder why FXDD performs better than any other broker.

daraknor:

I liked the easy scanning of trade results by currency, very handy reference.

Thanks, I'm currently writing a program for statistical analysis. I'm still looking for a couple more testers. I know you probably already have your hands full but PM if you interested.

Sean

AdamDuritz99:
Yeah, sorry. Good catch. I wonder why FXDD performs better than any other broker.

I'm not certain they are better than all brokers, but they are one of the few that meets the spike-free high-liquidity requirements. I did a decent investigation of them, including a bit of network perimeter probing and version checking. I feel comfortable with FXDD, MiG looked honest but I didn't get a warm fuzzy.

I've noted performance as inversely proportional to the number of strange spikes. We have a few high/low values in the FXDD stream, but nothing like the variable spread chaos we sometimes see with other brokers. (*cough* IBFX) Bid-Ask should be fairly steady. Occasionally spikes come through, but I've heard reports that large lot sizes were 1 or 2 pips away from SL and weren't hit. Compared to IBFX, I've read complaints about a 12 pip instant spike hitting SL on 1 lot minutes after the SL was tightened.

There is an ongoing discussion regarding brokers in other threads which is where some of this information (especially SL spikes) comes from. I asked around a few forums for people who have heard complaints regarding FXDD, and the coast was clear aside from one "Forex Bastard" who has obviously faked complaints.

Short Version: Honesty and Performance are likely directly related.

YES to Pref Settings.

daraknor:

With Phoenix 6, I don't know if we should have "default settings" or not. The "preferred settings" is a really good feature for having 10 people test the same data. On the other hand, we know we are getting the same results from 10 people doing the same settings. I like how "new user friendly" having preferred/default settings is. On the other hand, I think it discourages people looking or changing the settings in any way.

People progress from Junior to Intermeidate to advanced.

The Pref setting are great for Juniors. A new person couldn't make settings and do optimization, they would just quit and go away. People need the pref-settings for a starting point. The people who are helping out now, have gone through the stages.

If you take out the pref-settings you will lose the development system to get helpers.

We also need more infrastructure for testing and distributing the settings files. I don't like that getting a good settings file could be the equivalent of hearing a good joke. Some people get it, and some people don't. Having at least a baseline decent set of values built into Phoenix is a good start, we'll just need to update them a bit.

YES to Pref Settings.

Pcontour:
People progress from Junior to Intermeidate to advanced.

The Pref setting are great for Juniors. A new person couldn't make settings and do optimization, they would just quit and go away. People need the pref-settings for a starting point. The people who are helping out now, have gone through the stages.

If you take out the pref-settings you will lose the development system to get helpers.

I totally agree as I would not be here if "Pref Settings" were not available.

m6m6:
I totally agree as I would not be here if "Pref Settings" were not available.

200% agree...

02/18/2007--02/23/2007 I didn't open 24 hours.

#1 Timeframe: M15

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: Defaults

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2w

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

Files:
feb23.gif  6 kb
feb23.htm  32 kb

02/18/2007--02/23/2007 I didn't open 24 hours.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

Files:
18-23feb.gif  5 kb
18-23feb.htm  20 kb

wujun122, are you willing to post your new settings file in the settings file thread?

Reason: