Great EA in backtest! - page 10

If we are going to do this as a group we should get organized..

Please everybody post your method of forward testing.

What times - M1, M5, M15 etc

What settings have you changed from the defaults?

Have you made any changes to the actual code?

Any other information needed?

if we don't get together on this everybody will end up testing the same thing. If we all forward test something different we can get this done much faster.

Is anyone else with me on this?

Forward testing

6 hours in and with the following results from the latest updated 1.6 edition with the presets as per the zip. Using a $5000 demo account as per my post 6 hours ago.

10.15PM Buy EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2793 S/L 1.2784 Close 1.2784 -35.1

00.22AM Sell EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2782 S/L 1.2792 Close 1.2799 +11.7

00.38AM Sell EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2760 S/L 1.2769 Close 1.2769 -35.1

01.47AM Sell EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2754 S/L 1.2763 Close 1.2763 - 35.1

USD/JPY has not traded yet although it has made calculations in the Experts area

John

Back Test and Forward Test

People is talking about back test and forward test.

Basically forward test is more reliable, but however, it will take long time to know the result. It is not enough to have it tested for one month. Some people is testing for 3-6 months. Because the trend is changing all the time.

Back test could be a fast answer, but in order to have good back testing result, you need to have the "Modeling quality" bigger than 90% The modeling quality is ensuring you have enough data.

This issue has been discussed many times in this forum.

First of all you need to download the histrical data from data center. If you press F2, double click on the pairs, it will not help. It is only a few data given.

You must go to "bank data" such as:

http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/pages/EURUSD

You need to download M1 quality data. Then you have to convert this data to bigger period M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, Daily. Then you can get the modeling quality 90%.

When doing Strategy Tester, you need to use "Model: Every Tick (based on all available least timeframes with fractal interpolation for every tick)

If you do strategy tester for H1, then it will give you 90% modeling quality, because it broken down to minute quality data.

If you do strategy teseter for M1, then it will can't be broken down to second or mili second, because the data is not there.

That's why if want to do back test on M1, it is actually useless, because it doesn't reflect the real condition.

For this Cyberia, I think the best we do forward test, because it required to have M1 and M5.

By the way, I changed the names of the EA, and the EA comment within the files, but it doesn't trigger any trades in North Finance. I am suspecting they are really block the trigger, and the email.. Next I will try to create new account using new email and new data, see how it works.

forward testing results

Attached are my forward testing results. Some of you seem to think that the EA is not making it in forward trading. While others are posting negative results..the EA is doing fine here. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE SETTINGS...if you don't understand how it works and if you don't do you share of research on it..I guarantee you'll fall on your face faster than a lead balloon. So take time, put effort into getting the right settings and things will come to you. Also remember that any good EA can have down days.. the backtest will show you draws as well. Keep that in mind and dont expect the EA to break the house every day. Just because you choose to forward test on any particular day..it does not mean it'll make money for you. If you have trading experience, the first lesson you should have learned is..EXPECT LOSSES.

fxspeedster:
Attached are my forward testing results. Some of you seem to think that the EA is not making it in forward trading. While others are posting negative results..the EA is doing fine here. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE SETTINGS...if you don't understand how it works and if you don't do you share of research on it..I guarantee you'll fall on your face faster than a lead balloon. So take time, put effort into getting the right settings and things will come to you. Also remember that any good EA can have down days.. the backtest will show you draws as well. Keep that in mind and dont expect the EA to break the house every day. Just because you choose to forward test on any particular day..it does not mean it'll make money for you. If you have trading experience, the first lesson you should have learned is..EXPECT LOSSES.

Which version did u use for this?

And would you mind also post the preset for this one?

I'm currently fwd-test on EURUSD 1M.

Thanks man.

Testing

12 hours have elapsed since my first post with the following results on 1 minute charts. Using 1.6 and the recommended presets with a $5000 demo account.

10.15PM Buy EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2793 S/L 1.2784 Close 1.2784-35.1

00.22AM Sell EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2782 S/L 1.2792 Close 1.2799+11.7

00.38AM Sell EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2760 S/L 1.2769 Close 1.2769-35.1

01.47AM Sell EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2754 S/L 1.2763 Close 1.2763-35.1

06.54AM Buy EUR/USD 0.38 units 1.2765 S/L 1.2756 Close 1.2769+15.2

08.01AM Buy EUR/USD 0.39 units 1.2768 S/L 1.2759 Close 1.2759-35.1

09.33AM Buy USD/JPY 0.49 units 115.13 S/L 115.04 Close115.04-38.33

09.53AM Sell EUR/USD 0.38 units 1.2755 S/L 1.2764 Close 1.2752+11.4

10.02AM Buy EUR/USD 0.38 units 1.2758 S/L 1.2749 Close 1.2761+11.4

12 hours actual trades. 4 gain and 5 loss. minus $129.03 using 1 Minute charts.

Will it be of value to continue posting my results? If so I will continue in 12 hours.

John

slam:
I think he posted his presets. Did you see my results overnight? It is all about the settings. You have to read and learn about it from the Mq4 russian forum: https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8397/page1

Believe me I don't remember last time when pies fell from the sky on my lap..you have to work hard and decipher it then contribute here so we can all benefit.

For all the russian members here..can you translate some of these posts and post some useful information here..it would help to shed some light on the confusion with this EA. thanks

-----------------------------

fxspeedster,

But according to GP2X (who supposedly did "700k starting with 10k in 20 hours"), he used default settings with two pairs EURUSD & USDJPY. So go figure.

anyone can translate? all we need is there

Forward test results

Hi to all

and many thanks to all the contributors and especially OPENSTORM ( of course ), SENTACO, and FXSpeedster...

Here my small contribution, too, for today :

Account : us$10000

Broker : FXDD

Eurusd

TimeFrame : 1 M

Cyberia 1.60

Presets = those given by Fxspeedster with the 1.60 version.

but i have modified the following :

EnableReverceDetector= True instead of False

Risk=0.25 instead of 0.10000000

The EA has worked during 14 Hours...

Quite bad results.....

Concerning the ReverseDetector, i don't know EXACTLY what it is supposed to do, i guess it tries to detect Trend reversals, and reversing trades, but how does it that ?

Anyway, look the Statement....

Bye

DV

dellan:
anyone can translate? all we need is there

It is a lot to translate.

It is written the following (not word for word as it is a lot to translate).

"Professional EA for 1 timeframe. Especially good in flat market with spread 2 pips. Tis EA may perform from 100 till 300% a day with default settings. It was commercial EA and we were selling it but we decided to post it for free now because some algorithm and ideas coded in this EA may be usefull for many people. Please note: don't use it with real money, or use it with flat market only at your own risk."

Two forward tests with different timeframes

I'm forward testing on EUR/USD M5 and USD/JPY M5 since yesterday, consistently loosing trades with a few wins.

In the opposite, another forward with same pairs but M15, has a W/L of about 10/1, profit is roughly breakeven.

Maybe M15 is better for this EA ? Both tests done with the 1.5 translated to english version.

Regards

Reason: