Live Testing reports - page 47

gforcejunke:
Hi all, First off, many thanks to Daraknor for all his hardwork and effort to make Phoenix a success. I have been following along quietly...listening, learning and appreciating all the guidance(AZBO, Bertbin, autumnleaves, M6M6....and all the others) along the way. I look forward to all your posts daily. I have stayed behind the scenes because I didn't feel as though I had much to contribute, although I did open an account at FXDD (still waiting on Phoenix IB approval per FXDD) and have contributed to the Phoenix Fund. I am not a programmer, nor do I have much, if any, time to devote to testing and the problem with submitting my statements for Phoenix on both my Interbank and FXDD accounts, is that I usually can't stand to let either of them run their course without my my own manual intervention (which could be the biggest roadblock to my success ). I would love to contribute in someway (I even thought about offering to help Daraknor move this past weekend!). Please let me know if there is anything I could help with. Thanks again!

Hi Gforce

Welcome here.

Pots your(s) statement(s) with your comments every weeks... Thoughts ? Ideas ? Why not ! We are here to share something and at least made some profit. We are not here to flame or blame anybody...

Then feel free...

autumnleaves:
Here........................................................... Bert, what's this about minutes and hours? I don't follow.

Phoenix need patience... Not to trade 3 hours or 3 minutes... That's all...

Go ahead Autumn : need to watch and correct all aspects of Phoenix

See you

autumnleaves:
Welcome to Junkie and any other silent watchers. I really do think we need to set up a systematic testing program somehow. Perhaps some of the more experienced traders could map out a testing program so we can obtain more insight into the workings of Phoenix. Here is a possible anomaly. These two pairs (EURJPY and GPBJPY) show virtually parallel movement, as the curves are very similar. Phoenix 5.7,2 opened two trades at virtually the same time in the pairs. Yet the trades are in opposite directions. How do you figure that?

These graghs are significantly different in shape to my eyes, and I am not surprized by what has happened. By the way did you see my answer to your post.. I sent you two private messages, but I don't think you have read them.

Curves and things

Sorry for neglecting you PContour. Actually I should have said that the curves are in sync from about 20:00 hours on the 20th, i.e., the last segment. Still, how Phoenix interprets signals to buy remains a mystery to me.

To save results you open your Terminal in MT4, click on the Account History tab, right click, then select Save as Detailed Report. You can then give the HTML file a name and save it. There are options to show a limited period of time, if you prefer.

To save a chart, first maximize it, then right click and select Save as Picture. This will produce a GIF file like the ones I posted.

Addendum

Forgot to mention: to remove your name and account number from the HTML file, you have to open it with a text editor, delete the references to your name and account number, then save.

Detail

PContour I forgot to mention that I added a trailing stop of 25 to the default settings. I wonder therefore why some of the winning trades exit on the TP. They should have been under the control of the TS and continued into profit until they reversed.

FAQ - Signals

autumnleaves:
PContour I forgot to mention that I added a trailing stop of 25 to the default settings. I wonder therefore why some of the winning trades exit on the TP. They should have been under the control of the TS and continued into profit until they reversed.
  1. The trailing stop causes your order to be modified. If you look at your modified order you will see that the TP didn't get altered. What changes is the Stop Loss that is now running 25 points behind the best price. The take profit is never altered.
  2. P_M1_TS - is a P Preferred setting, so if you used U_PrefSettings = true, the value was changed to 0. No trailing stop is used.
autumnleaves:
This is no quote, it's paraphrasing. So two different currencies have the same graphs why aren't the signals the same.

Lets just say it was the same currency. Even with the same currency the graphs have to be the same for 50 periods. This is only part of the settings for 3 signals.

P_SMAPeriod = 11; This signal uses 11 and 50 period graghs

P_SMA2Bars = 50;

P_OSMAFast = 8; This signal uses 8 40 and 10 period graphs

P_OSMASlow = 40;

P_OSMASignal = 10;

P_Fast_Period = 4; This signal uses 4 and 15 period graph.

P_Slow_Period = 15;

Lets have a look at the pref settings for a different currency.

P_SMAPeriod = 2;

P_SMA2Bars = 18;

P_OSMAFast = 5;

P_OSMASlow = 22;

P_OSMASignal = 2;

P_Fast_Period = 25;

P_Slow_Period = 15;

There is nothing much the same about the signals.

Each currency has a unique tuning of the signal periods, envelopes etc. I didn't show all of them. So the conclusion, no reason for two different currencies to give the same signals. Even a graph in the same currency that looks the same to your eyes, when it comes to the math of the signals, they could be outside the signal tolerance of just one of the 4 signals.

Read the new ultimate guide v3, it's new and improved, and has some added information not in the previous version.

FAQ - TS & TP Unexpected Behavior ?

autumnleaves:
Another thing to ponder. Some of my plus trades are going out on 42 pips, even though I have set a TS. I wonder if the TS is actually working.
  • P_M3_TP = 42;; USDJPY - Mode 3 TP
  • P_M12_TP = 42; All Pairs - Mode 1 and 2 TP

You need Mario's spreadsheet for 5.7.2 to see these type of settings at a glance. Find it here.

autumnleaves:
I think someone who is a bit more expert in Phoenix development needs than I should handle organization of any structured forward (or back)testing program. Maybe PContour, or yourself.

I'm not much of a tester yet. I still need to get into that. Is there a testers guide? I need to know how do you save your results. The best of Youtube.

FAQ etc

Thanks PContour, I'll check that new ultimate guide.

I think I get the hang of the signal thing. Since the signal and period settings are different, the EA reacts differently to similar situations on different currency pairs.

Actually, I added a trailing stop value to the source code itself before compiling, since I didn't want to be bothered creating a new series of settings files. So I guess that the TS does not negate both the SL and TP. I thought it was supposed to take over completely once it engaged. Wouldn't that be a better strategy?

autumnleaves:
Here are my results as of about 11 a.m. Eastern Time with FXDD.

Timeframe 15M

Phoenix 5.7.2W

Defaults plus TS 25

Maxtrades 5, ConsecSig 15

6 pairs, but only 2 with recent trades

Cheers

Good job testing something new! ConsecSignal is a powerful setting I think. I'm not really a fan of large TS values, because the winnings never seem to be large enough to really offset the losses. With a trending system, I can see having TS used regularly with small and large values. With a countertrend system, I'm not sure TS are a good idea.

What is your opinion after watching it trade?

Reason: