Demo account

Interbank

Starting last sunday at opening in Mode 3, Normal settings

On USD/CHF, EUR JPY,GB/USD, GB/JPY, US/JPY

Starting account 3250 US$

Balance to day : 3920 US

Equity : 4048 US$

That is to say for now +798 US$ = +24,5 %

I could close some profitable trade (particularly on GB/US where a +100 X3 has been tranformed the day after in -80 X3 !!!!) but I didn't do it because it had screw the test of the system...

And it's not the purpose for now ...

Sure in live trading I will close immediatly (2 years on the Fx : you see the moment where price is "stalling") because pips in the pocket are... pips in the pocket!!!!

Will close all trades at 12h00 ET

Equity based idea

Hendrick:
Hi Salty! I asked others for an opinion about your idea. No reactions so far. I will use this weekend to test your proposal. You're doing a great job in this forum Salty. Thanks.

Looks like I have to push this more thoroughly here in this forum. I got one positive note on this in forexfactory.

How about I'll ask a differently worded question ... Anybody have objections to making Phoenix based on equity rather then on margin for calculating lot sizes?

Hendrick:
A double time-filter shouldn't be too difficult to incorporate in Phoenix. But before doing so there has to be something like a common consent. Anyone in favour?

I'm in favor of having double time filters, it would also be nice if there was a boolean value checked on the side to see if trades are allowed when the time filter is set. I envision this to be a news filter, but I want to get the news data through RSS and am still hunting for a means to implement this without a DLL.

Including open trades, mode3 and mode2 are both up 6% from Sunday night. I like the advanced stoploss management concepts Not sure the third trade with super high TP is worthwhile, maybe third trade with pure Trailing stop would be interesting to test.

I prefer opening trades based on available margin, because it will prevent margin overruns through open trades as a side effect. I think I saw 7 trades open at one point, adding more trades should decrease lot size. If your positions are winning, this shouldn't affect much at all (for either method). If your positions are loosing, margin calls get closer and closer, especially on small accounts.

Salty

PM me and send me data in Excel sheet. Important : and what results you want.

Perhaps I can do something with the old fashion macro functions of Excel 4 very powerfull and easy to manage (Mr B G wanted to sell VBA!!!!!)

Changes!!!!Changes!!!!

Hi Hendrick,

Thanks for all your work.

Congrats on the competition..

I trade part time as I own a construction company. My live account is quite healthy and have no solid reason to switch to an EA with an in excess of 12k pounds which i have traded up over 2 years.

I have been running phoenix on demo and a small live account for a few weeks.

What concerns me right now is the constant desire to try and fix phoenix when we dont give it enough time to show a decent range of results.

Mode 3 is a good idea in principal, i changed the tp/sl setting and have ran it all week on demo for an increase of $400 or so on a 10k account.

My personal gripes are :

1. The breakeven on the 2nd/ 3rd trade usually does breakeven. It would make more sense to slide the s/l up tight behind the price upon closing 1st trade.

2. The lot size on a 10k account gives a .20 lot size on the 1st trade and the second. Then with the EA it make a third trade at .10 lots. Then of course the .20 lot trade goes bad and the .10 lot trade does well. We need to fix lot sizes to allow for the max of 5 trades (3 entries per trade) at the same until equity allows a step up in lot size.

3. I changed the sl/tp to a lower setting having seen many trades go very well and make 25-30 pips and then turn around. a system to check volitility over the past 48 hours and adjust sl/tp by a percentage accordingly would take smaller moves when quite and hold out when there more movement.

I hope this helps and appeals to some and lets loose the contradictions and give the pricipals behind this EA a chance to shine or fade before we condemn it or some of its features.

SORRY for the long post hendrick.

Thankyou for all you do.

wilson1668:
Forex Liquidity (FXLQ) is ok. I have login the demo & live at the same time and the quotes are identical.

Very good Wilson!

raffaelegalbiati:
I am using mode 3 live since 3 days and my account is up 15%. Antway next week I will try mode 2... Phoenix is so exciting Raffaele

Hi Raffaele!

Do you have a statement? These statements are very im portant to me! Thanks in advance.

aymensaket3:
Hello Hendrick,

First of all, all the best with the competition, i sure hope you win.

I am a an MT4 programmer and have achieved some great results with a couple of my EA's. I am intrigued with this EA as well as firebird. CAN YOU PLEASE explain the strategy, and link me to the latest EAs and the .set for them.

I tries to back test pheonix on my home pc but is extremely slow as it seems a lot of processing power is needed, so I want to optimize it on the my mini super computer a work, ... i use a cluster of 30 P4 PCs.

Thank you

It's all in the first post. Do you really use 30 PC's for testing?

aghenry1:
Does leaving mode 3 in affect the new idea that you have as far as coding difficulties etc? Mode 3 went like a horse out of the gate from Sunday evening to Tuesday morning and then declined from there for me. It does seem to function better in the early morning hours (Indiana USA). You have to most experience do what you consider best and it will be tested also for a verdict. Greg

Hi Greg!

Mode 3 is too risky for me. Just wait for mode 4 (will replace mode 3)!!

Reason: