Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 72

MM sugestion ... take 2

Me again ... I wanted to ask you about the LotsOptimized function. I've noticed that it hasn't changed much since last version, still based on AccountFreeMargin().

What I have been thinking about is what are you thoughts about making it based on AccountEquity()?

If you trade this EA on the full set of currencies then you may have up to 12 orders open (in v4.2). No objections to that, in fact it's quite good as it gives you diversification over the pairs, and when there is no major market moves then orders come and go and the lot size remains fairly constant between orders. The margin remains at around 150%-200%. However when you get major days like NFP then the market swings wildly and it make take out your half of your orders and all of a sudden your margin jumps up to 500%-700% and then when you take on new orders you unnecessarily take on larger lot sizes (larger risk) when your account hasn't actually grown in equity to justify a larger position. Now if your orders actually TP then your are sweet, but if your orders SL, then you are loosing equity unnecessarily which you wouldn't have if you based your MM on equity. This behaviour of the EA is especially apparent when you start up with a clean account where your margin is maximum because you have no open orders.

What does everybody think about this?

This would also mean that your MaximumRisk setting would actually reflect the account value, which is what you had probably intended?

Forward Test Result 1 week

Hi Guys,

Time to show your homework to Hendrick. Show the Forward Test Result.

Here what I get for 1 week.

First, I am using combination of mode 1 and mode 3. However I drop mode3 on the first day, because it creates booked lossess when the direction is going opposite.

Alpari starting $1000 now 40% increase

North Finance starting $1000 now 55% increase

However, I do not recommend north finance due to scam possible issue (read north finance thread here), but Alpari is showing a good result as well.

I do (manual closing) for mode3.. Because I am quitting from using the mode3..... try not to involve fear and greed.....

I am a fan of mode1.

saltcafe:
Me again ... I wanted to ask you about the LotsOptimized function. I've noticed that it hasn't changed much since last version, still based on AccountFreeMargin().

What I have been thinking about is what are you thoughts about making it based on AccountEquity()?

If you trade this EA on the full set of currencies then you may have up to 12 orders open (in v4.2). No objections to that, in fact it's quite good as it gives you diversification over the pairs, and when there is no major market moves then orders come and go and the lot size remains fairly constant between orders. The margin remains at around 150%-200%. However when you get major days like NFP then the market swings wildly and it make take out your half of your orders and all of a sudden your margin jumps up to 500%-700% and then when you take on new orders you unnecessarily take on larger lot sizes (larger risk) when your account hasn't actually grown in equity to justify a larger position. Now if your orders actually TP then your are sweet, but if your orders SL, then you are loosing equity unnecessarily which you wouldn't have if you based your MM on equity. This behaviour of the EA is especially apparent when you start up with a clean account where your margin is maximum because you have no open orders.

What does everybody think about this?

This would also mean that your MaximumRisk setting would actually reflect the account value, which is what you had probably intended?

I vote for Using AccountBalance().

Voting for

saltcafe:
Looks like I have to push this more thoroughly here in this forum. I got one positive note on this in forexfactory. How about I'll ask a differently worded question ... Anybody have objections to making Phoenix based on equity rather then on margin for calculating lot sizes?

Hendrick, because lotsize calculation is quite localized inside the code; you could implement a choice switch to calculate lots based on one or the other.

If you prefer not to do this, would opening a Poll thread to do the vote count, be an idea?

Thanks

HerbertH:
Hendrick, because lotsize calculation is quite localized inside the code; you could implement a choice switch to calculate lots based on one or the other.

If you prefer not to do this, would opening a Poll thread to do the vote count, be an idea?

Thanks

Hi Herbert!

Very good idea about adapting Phoenix in such a way that people can choose between AccountEquity() and AccountFreeMargin(). Thanks a lot Herbert!

(Herbert is a fellow Dutchman with a lot of experience as a programmer. He helps me a lot with his ideas about changing the code of Phoenix. Herbert is Gold too me!)

Allowing Phoenix to trade only between certain hours

Harry,

Is it possible to code Phoenix so "Signal 5" can be used with Phoenix Mode 1 and Mode 2?

dbcmkx:
Harry, Is it possible to code Phoenix so "Signal 5" can be used with Phoenix Mode 1 and Mode 2?

I just checked the code and Signal 5 (The time-filter) should be working for Mode 1 and 2. Why do you think it's not working for these modes?

Sorry, Harry, I thought they were programed to only work with Mode 3.

Reason: