Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 75

Lord Pipenstein:
Hahah! well I'll be Hot Damned! I just knew you were going to pull some shit like this you little faggit. Sure get everbody to be your ginea pigs and do all your testing and then drop the big bomb. Man this thread is starting to smell like a giant hot wet fart to me.

See my post Clarification. Never saw you before in this thread Lord Frankenstein. Hope you will keep it this way!

Mr. Hendrick

I was following this thread for a while, and learning from all the great people that give their input here (even doing some forward testing, which unfortunately, I had to stop due to personal problems...) Now, my situation is better, and ready to continue this learning process, thanks to Mr. Hendrick! Mr. Hendrick, your words have been an inspiration for me, and have motivated me to really want to make the best for everybody, so all of us have a better life!

Anyway, I am impressed to say that Mr. Hendrick is a great human being, and with a heart of gold! He always answers in a friendly way, even to some people that come and insult him for no reason!

Mr. Hendrick, wish you the best with Phoenix, and you will get it, because the Universe gives you what you put out, and you have done a lot!

I got the data from you Phoenix Contest, and it is very impressive! Excellent job and you are No. 1!

Files:

Lord Pip,

You are way off base and absolutely clueless to the efforts of the person you chose to flame. Why don't you take your "2" posts and head over to the Yahoo message boards where your type lives!!!

Mode 3 is Suxx???

Here I post the result by implanting Phoenix version 5 in USD/JPY 15M with deposit of $500 start trading 29 Sept 06

As you see, Phonenix doesnt look good in performance for USD/JPY from 29 Sept 06 until 10 Nov06

Should we go back to mode 1 or mode 2 again?

Any comment?

ANCOLL:
Here I post the result by implanting Phoenix version 5 in USD/JPY 15M with deposit of $500 start trading 29 Sept 06

As you see, Phonenix doesnt look good in performance for USD/JPY from 29 Sept 06 until 10 Nov06

Should we go back to mode 1 or mode 2 again?

Any comment?

Hi there ANCOLL,

Hendrieck did make a PDF teaching how to backtest with a good modeling quality(meaning geting a better results).What you have is.....Please go and read that document first, carry out the steps as discribed in that document, than do the test again and after that you may have some usefull results.

Good luck.

Ross

Hi! Great expert!

Need help . i can't find history file for MT4 USDJPY for testing. The following http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php doesn't work. Where can i get this file?

best regards.

Hello Mr Phoenix, and the others. Thanks to everybody for the work.

I use for real Phoenix 4, and i have backtested it a lot. But i am not so enthusiastic.

One big problem for me is that you have differents results depend on when you start the EA. Why don't you let the EA open and buy more than 1 order ?

It will validate or not the signals you have and stabilize the EA.

i have changed the start fonction to enable the EA to open a buy or sell order each time a signal occurs, and i wait 15min between 2 orders.

void start()

{

if(Bars<100 || IsTradeAllowed()==false) return;

if((CurTime()-LastTradeTime)<900) return(0); // 15min

if(CalculateCurrentOrders(Symbol())<=1000) CheckForOpen();

CheckForClose();

}

the CalculateCurrentOrders fonction return (buys+sells);

LastTradeTime=CurTime(); // each time an ordersend() is called.

I will backtest it this week, but i wait for your comments.

ross123:
Hi there ANCOLL,

Hendrieck did make a PDF teaching how to backtest with a good modeling quality(meaning geting a better results).What you have is.....Please go and read that document first, carry out the steps as discribed in that document, than do the test again and after that you may have some usefull results.

Good luck.

Ross

@Ross

Thanks Ross,

I knew that the past was doing good with this EA, what I concern is the day ahead...

Will this system still give profit result? Or should we discuss to make it better?

That's why I tested it only within 2 months back.

Weekly results

short version: only use the recommended M15 and maybe we should verify the settings for GBPUSD. If this was a live account I would change GBPUSD to 0.01 lots.

1280394 mode3 m15 IBFX Bal 10494.20 Equity 10367.85 (-266 GBP)

92216 mode2 m15 MIG Bal 10484.34 Equity 9980.94 (-970 GBP)

92230 mode1 h1 MIG Bal 9880.67 Equity 9757.88

316562 mode1 h1 NF Bal 9368.16 Equity 9280.46

All accounts have default settings, a starting balance of 10k, and trade the same four currencies. (USDCHF USDJPY GBPUSD EURUSD) Friday is known to be a hard day to trade, and all accounts are down at the moment from it. I bet the accounts will bounce back on Monday.

OUt of 11 GBPUSD trades 2 had profit, 2 broke even (IBFX) and 7 were loosers.

Without GBPUSD, IBFX Mode3 had 6:2:4 W:L:E

Without GBPUSD, MIG Mode2 had 9:2:0 W:L:E

Attached are detailed reports. I'm keeping the M15 accounts running to collect more data. The H1 accounts are going to be reset, and I will compare 3-5 brokers all running mode2 for all 5 pairs Phoenix is configured for. I will also set a very aggressive version of Phoenix running on another account.

Hendrick,

What your decision will be, for me you are a very good neighbour.

You are an expert in MT4, but you have much to learn on human comportments.

With all my thanks for your works.

Reason: