Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 92

Phoenix Contest Mode

Does anybody knows why Phoenix Contest version does not work on a mini account with 500 USD? It seems only working on standard accounts. Is there something to set up in the code?

Thanks,

Raf

Can someone try out these settings on the USDJPY.

Mode 2 Only

Thanks!

Spider~

Files:

raffaelegalbiati:
Does anybody knows why Phoenix Contest version does not work on a mini account with 500 USD? It seems only working on standard accounts. Is there something to set up in the code?

Have you tried setting the currency to EURUSDm? I don't know the current status of Phoenix Contest and mini accounts. I know there was a fix posted in Phoenix 5.6.3 in post 523. You *might* want to try that version of Phoenix in Mode 1. People have reported that after a few trades, their trades with Phoenix 5.6.3 synchronize with Phoenix Contest.

I am testing Phoenix 5.6 Mode 1 on several brokers. At this time:

MIG 4867.75 from 5000

NF 47563.55 from 50000

CFG 10747.65 from 10000

I had another EA broker running, but the results were corrupted. I believe the contest is using the Alpari data stream.

Spider4896:
Can someone try out these settings on the USDJPY.

Mode 2 Only

Thanks!

Spider~

Please save the settings as a .set file. I am starting a professional EA hosting service, and I will be able to run many copies of MetaTrader to conduct LiveTests.

If you don't mind, could you describe how you arrived at the settings you used?

Files:

I had an telephone conversation with IBFX to investigate why Phoenix Contest results in the Championship were not the same as my IBFX account over the same time period. They were not sure why, but thought server response time or data feed difference might be factors.

They did advise that they plan to have a live tick data feed for Demo testing availabe in a couple of months.

Unless your Broker is using Live tick data for Demos, your results will be somewhat different than your Live trading account.

Wackena

mode 3

Is there any knowledge regarding the fix that was in the pipeline for mode 3? Does that need attended to first? Second I am curious Wackena how much of a difference between your run and the contest run was there? Was it consistent across the whole period?

Greg

Hi Fikko,

Phoenix v.5:

(1) Could anyone of you help out To find the setting for each buy only and sell only, especially for USDJPY.I can work on this, so please, let me know whenever you have I guess both versions of Phoenix (buy/sell), so I can start. I will use the manual Vincent created (BTW, Excellent job, it's a good start! Thanks)

(2) For currency pairs, we need to finalize 1 currency pair for phoenix 5.

In order to get the first one done, I will use USPJPY.

(3) I will run just that currency, for now.

(4) Mode:That's a question. I think Herbert was working on fixing mode 3, so I am not certain what mode to use. Please, advise on this.

(5) I will use the latest version to Metatrader 4 (as someone pointed here.)

If there is anything else I should consider before I start, please let me know.

Thanks to all that are willing to continue with this project!

Thanks to Fikko, and Daraknor for taking charge of this thread!

Now, let's go back to work!

Q

I have a question for those who have a knowledge of programming, which I don't. In the contest version of Phoenix under the Buy/Sell conditions (in the code) the word "Phoenix 3" is found as written here. I cannot find another reference to it in the code at all. I noticed it when I did a flyover with the mouse in the trades window to see what indicator fired the signal. I was under the impression the you couldn't just give something a name, but it had to be referred to or by something else. Just trying to understand why it would be there and what the function might be. A simple answer will do no need to wear yourself out explaining.

Thanks

Greg

Reason: