Phoenix EA - 2nd Place at Automated Trading Championship! - page 4

alertfx123:
Is this system not good for the long run????

There's no answer for a future question.

Actually, I meant that the settings were optimized for 3 months before. We usually make an assumption that if it performed best for the last 3 months, it'd be still the best for the next 3 months. But in reality, no body knew for sure when it would fail. It could be running fine for a few days or a few years.

ringraham:
Hey Daraknor,Along a different track...which brokers have you found phoenix works well with? And why do you not recommend IBFX? I am a pretty recent addition to the FX community and would like to learn more about which brokers are the most recommended (especially for phoenix). Also which trading platforms... Thanks

FXDD, NF are the most recommended. North Finance I have a somewhat cool reaction to, but they seem to be okay. I haven't really given them enough study to determine either way and NF *seems* honest. IBFX is not a real broker, don't believe their "3 banks" crap. IBFX is a pseudo white label for FXLQ and shares with FXSOL and Velocity 4x. V4X is a pure white label.

Phoenix has been performing consistently higher on FXDD than IBFX. NF has good and bad times with Phoenix independent of FXDD performance.

I recommend Phoenix 5.7.0 if you want to trade real money, 5.7.2 if you want to do optimization yourself. Some of the settings are really in dire need of reoptimization. Using the default values, I think only GBPUSD and USDCHF are consistently profitable but I see some people happily running USDJPY on demos. I don't know of any real money trades on USDJPY.

Hendrick optimized Phoenix settings using 6 months of data. I make a few different suggestions for optimization:

#1 Optimize against 2-4 months of data, but not the most recent data

#2 test settings against most recent data and discard poor performers.

#3 Using higher maxtrades for testing may yield better signal optimization

#4 optimize signal separate from mode. Optimize signal in mode 1, switch to mode3 if you like for actual trading. If you do switch, you may need to optimize your trade logic differently than the default 0.8 1.0 1.2

If you use Phoenix contest, I hope you have a very 'normal' account and don't have any trade errors. Many errors were fixed to create 5.7.0 and we don't have trade errors aside from requotes now (Stable over a month).

Yes, Forex-tsd has the most recent data and guides, the admins there gave us our own little area and we had a substantial community. If you want to trade on FXDD, we would appreciate PhoenixFund used as the IB. PhoenixFund is a nonprofit with IB payments and donations traded not spent. Half of the proceeds from trading are reinvested, half are given to other non profits that follow the UN Development Program guidelines.

scorpion:
There's no answer for a future question.Actually, I meant that the settings were optimized for 3 months before. We usually make an assumption that if it performed best for the last 3 months, it'd be still the best for the next 3 months. But in reality, no body knew for sure when it would fail. It could be running fine for a few days or a few years.

the settings are definitely feeling strange lately. New optimizations have a much higher win rate, so making new settings is highly recommended. PHoenix 6 may be less settings dependent.

how setting in mini lot (if i used interbankfx)....

setting lot and MM??? whta must i fill that

Lots = 1; <--- 0.10 or 0,01 ??

MaximumRisk = 0.05;

DecreaseFactor = 0;

MM = true; <--- true or false???

My nemes dr_forex

Actually I am a medical doctor, but I am interesting with forex trading.

As a beginner, and junior, I wish I get many exprience from joining with forum.

Thank you

Hi there all,

I'm a newbie in fxfisherman, and i want to say hello to you all .... great trading to all of us

Hi! every one, I'm very hapy to find this forum, I wish learn a lot from here.

Was following this thread with interest, but it suddenly fell off! The last download on this thread was v5.6. I see above there is a v5.7.0 and 5.7.2. Where can those be found? Also, have there been any other updates for this EA other than that mentioned here?

Many thanks...............

Mr Elbee

i bought fronm you none of your systems work you overcharged my cc. too

scam scam scam. you will be contacted by a representative of the fed. govt this week

What is this about? FxFisherman.com does not sell anything. Who did you buy from?

Reason: