Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 96

Yep

wilson1668:
Hi there,

I am now using the Build200 with the FXDD demo.

After I d/l the historical data and started the Strategy Tester, I am not allowed to input into the "From" and "To" space anymore. Does anyone also encounter this ?

If so, how can I select the period that I would like to backtest?

Regards

Wilson

Hope you liked the manual. You are welcome :-)

-

Had the same thing happening to my Metatrader after the update. You can restore it if you select something else then "Every tick" in the Model dropdown the reselect it again. If you now untick and then tick the box "Use date" again you should be able to enter a date again! Weird but it works...

Vince

Trade difference

Thanks Wackena for the explanation.

Regarding Mode 3, I was under the impression that bug was discovered (in the way it fired entries?) and that a fix had already been put in place and we were up to receive that update at the first of this week. I don't think that happened and I wondered if it was going to happen or should it be looked at.

Greg

This msg was posted on the sisters thread (Factory).

I think it should be also posted here. I'm not sure if I'm violating any rules since subject is the same - 'Phoenix'.

I also attachad changed EA's.

Backtesting shows nice result. Will see how forward testing does....

dagnar:

Great job, cool EA, my respect, Hendrick.

Trying some backtests of different phoenix versions, results differs from doubling (and more) deposit to margin call. Looking at indicator for this EA (dot't remember by who, posted at championship forum), I've got an idea - open trade only by some consecutive signals.

added some code to EA( like this for sell signal) :

if (CurTime()-s_time>900) {ss=ss+1; bs=0;}

if (ss>=signal_count) {

res=OrderSend(...SELL....);

ss=0; s_time=CurTime();}

I think, it will help to filter out single signals at gaps, etc..

Made this for ph_4 (contest ver) and for ph_5 at mode1 (last ver) - the result is a new significant parameter for optimizing using pref_settings=true; For EURJPY, for example, I've got 50% increase in profit turning signal_count to 5 (not less than five consecutive signals opens trade). Surprisingly, this didn't reduces total amount of trades, only placing orders more precise.

Attaching both changed files, hope it's usefull contribution to phoenix development

Hendrick post #1

And now some “rules of the game”: You can the change the code of Phoenix if you want to, but please don’t post it in this thread!

Because we want to appreciate to hendick. So don't post anything till hendrick post it for you. Now hendrick leave us because there are people very annoying with a lot of email or pm, how to get modeling, what TF, what setting, etc. Those people doesn't help anything for him.

After i read all posts here, I found a lot of people that they want to sell this EA or make this EA to them Investment Corporate. These people like a thief to me, low people. Like any other in Indonesia, they get Ea from this forum and make it to grab many clients, after this EA loss, these people runaway. This EA someday will loss you clients's money, you will become fugitive in your country. This people will become candidate next scammer because no skill, no programming knowledge, no brain, just butt licking, greed & fear.

I think December this EA become ugly, so Hendrick make Phoenix 2007 for himself not for free. These people can improve this Ea like fikko, Darknor, alamanjani, i suggest you honor this EA not to distribute the source just give some idea in this forum, let it them improve this EA by self. This is more educated people like thief above, not spoon feeding.

Hendrick Go go go!! Family #1, Happy#2, Money#3, i agree about that. Thanks.

So should we share?

Guys,

So should we share or shouldn't?

fikko:
Guys, So should we share or shouldn't?

I think we must study together and share knowledge, help people understand programming language. Not share phoenix.mql4 or any other .mql4 that's not our rights, because the developer just leave us, keep phoenix orignal from hendick, hendrick said that phoenix will die if we change to much.

I agree with pipsmaster, my neighbor just scamm people from hyip, how pitty that. I'm from Libya.

Now we'll see more victims than profit to share source code. That's not educated people, them use to cheat others to make money. If they use mql4 for study or use it in real acoount for himself that's ok, but we cann't close our eyes about this victims. Like Einstein smart man, die with regret. We don't want to do this same to Hendrick, do we? Sorry Hendrick, you are Einstein in programming and forex, and i now you recently very upset with those people in your pm. They used you to make script greed to phoenix, don't they?

fikko & daraknor & other people that contribute the scripts to hendrick are the best.

**Edited**

Don't give a loaded weapon to wrong people, it will kill you and others slowly. We must give ammunition and make them to make weapon by them self. If they doesn't understand the ammunition, we can help, if they ask to make a weapon that match their ammunition then those people are lazy, no skill, and no spirit to learn something, yes just want to shooting2 if they miss or empy bullet, they get another weapon to shoot.

Phoenix will not die. If someone here could rewrite the phoenix into an easy language document .eld file then we could optimize it on tradestation and get the most perfect set of optimization parameters for it. Tradestation is about 1000 times more powerful than metatrader which is awful as we all know as a strategy tester. Tradestation has software built as an add on to it also that I own that is specifically designed for super accurate optimization. It can run millions of combinations if not billions of them. If this could be done I would run on tradestion the optimization and post it to this forum every week if you want it. That way it would be the most accurate that is possible and we would all benefit from this. I hope someone here has that knowledge and time to convert to easy language document as this EA is obviously a very good one but needs maintenance now and then,

Sharing is the only way we grow together. It is important to share the code. My larger concern is having literally 50 versions of the same code, and no settings files for anyone. Does anyone want to handle code merging and testing? We can have huge sections of code commented out or turned off/on with quick settings but we honestly need to keep the code tied together.

I think we should post versions of phoenix in this forum - but ONLY ONE VERSION of the code. If we all paste code snippets, then the code merger can make weekly releases.

I have been going over the previous suggestions, and looking at the code. Hendrick said he would do certain things, research others, and think about more. We either need to A) get the fix for mode 3, B) fix mode 3 ourselves or C) disable it. Too many people test with mode 3 thinking default mode = best mode.

Settings files should be shared here as much as possible, I know I'm late submitting mine but the code I do for food has been calling me. Some standards on settings files are needed, but so are some modifications now that the settings files are more obviously tied to a trading mode, version, currency and timeframe. These will all take code changes.

I have some development idas of my own for phoenix, most are just slight modifications to the ideas submitted here in the forum. Others are things I have talked about, etc. I don't want to make radical changes to Phoenix, we might kill it from feature creep and everyone would remember how "Hendrick's official releases were the only ones that worked." I'd rather make minor modifications to ensure Phoenix stays alive, and then slowly integrate larger changes. Confucius said, "You cannot call yourself a good son unless you can walk in your father's shoes 10 years without making changes." That said, Confucius loved tradition more than change, and we live in an era of exponentially increasing change. My personal preference is to treat this as an inheritance that we protect and keep for a few weeks, fixing bugs and extending code in small ways.

Since there are so many ideas, a software roadmap might be useful, but since the changes are so easy to write, it might be better to just paste code snippets.

Does anyone want to handle the merging? One Official Community version of Phoenix released every Friday or Saturday?

help

I am willing to help in whatever way I can but since I have no real (or imagined) programming skills I am not sure what I can do. I do have several computers and one is just sitting on the shelf at the moment. I have a high speed cable connection and the computers are typically on 24/7 presently running 4 independant accounts for testing now. I would be willing to use it as a test machine if one of the more seasoned members would do some handholding should that be needed. Let me know what I can do to support this good program Hendrick worked to birth. I can do whatever might be needed.

Reason: