Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 29

The phoenix practically unique expert who shows positive results in the different markets. But it seems to me that it too strongly depends on parameters. If to take parameters for last year's summer now with them there will be losses and on the contrary.

Still a question. I also think that optimization for 6 months is too long term. Since now it will be since April, 2006. And in the summer the market strongly differs from that that now. It is necessary to take 2-3 months and 20-30 transactions.

This might be a dump question but is it actually possible to see on the backtest charts what rules were applied when a trade signal occurs?

I just want to verify visually that the trade signal was a good signal.

I am a little confused what direction Hendrick wants to take this EA. My first take on this EA was that it works in a ranging market with a few indicators make consistent profits on regular movements. I want a few ranging market EA (at least two) to run concurrently. This must be complemented by a successful trending EA. I also want a news spike or news reversal EA because they can make a big splash, and I would money manage the events. The big criteria for inclusion is: profit in their specialty, not loosing big in trending markets.

This latest move on additional bids on profitable trades sounds like a way to convert Phoenix into a trending EA. It wouldn't actually recognize the trends, it would assume that every profit could be a trend and place a (slightly under) even bet that this is the case. I haven't looked at the resulting data, but I would assume the balance would spike up and down after successful trades. The balance may go up, but the concept seems cross purposes. The balance will definitely go up faster in trending markets, but that is 20% of the time right?

If Phoenix wants to do both trending and ranging markets, then the trades should simply be evaluated separately, the take profit and stop losses should be separate, maybe the indicators should be separate.

I love a lot of the features in Phoenix, the money management is great

One trading strategy that may work with Phoenix is enter simultaneous trades. 50-80% of the trade does take profit to cover any potential loss (or whatever level you desire). 20-50% of the take profit is a trailing stop, that takes advantage of any market runup. The original money management scheme was designed for a 2:1 Profit/Loss and worked very well at a 50% win ratio. Profits at 33% win ratio.

In contrast, a 1:2 Profit/Loss that Phoenix currently has requires a 66% win ratio to just break even. Of course this doesn't take into account drawdown or increasing lot sizes... but the way Phoenix accounts for those features will simply improve the overall execution and profitability.

Hi Hendrick! Don`t bother of those , who don`t appreciate your very hard work!! I will be on another vacation the next 8 days and after that I will try out the newest version of Phoenix and will post those results. What my experience are with all those Phoenix EA`s they perform really good on very small accounts like $1000, $5000 etc. , but if you try it out on big ones from $25000 and higher up, it is not as efficient. Also I think that the key to a real superb performance of the Phoenix are the settings. Cross fingers for you in the competition ! All the best until next week.

Regards

Nick - forexstalker

PS: Pardon me hendrick for my bad english.

forexstalker:

forexstalker:
they perform really good on very small accounts like $1000, $5000 etc. , but if you try it out on big ones from $25000 and higher up, it is not as efficient.

why should the indicators give different results on higher balances?

this doesn't make any sense to me.

if this is true than you would have to withdraw your profits on a constant base, otherwise the EA wouldn't trade efficient anymore.

AZBOfin

Hendrick:
Hi Cucuru!

1 Close trades after 48 hours no matter if the trade is in profit or in loss.

3 We have to "wait for reversal" and NOT closethe trade.

It seems to me that these 2 are contradictory. Or am I missing something?

They are not contradictory. We have to wait for reversal and not close the trade when the opposite signal occurs... but no more than 2 days. If the trade is open for more than 2 days it is highly probable to result in a loss.

I hope I have explained it better now.

fikko:
About having 2 trades on 1 direction, I think it will just increase the risk. Phoenix may receive false alert on the first direction...

I agree with this! I don't think it is a good idea to open a second trade if the first is in profit. What if the price is reversing? We will lose twice as much!

If we open a second trade on a new signalwe should do it only at a better price.... if the first trade is losing. The SL & TP should be at the same price levels as the first order. This means a smaller loss and a bigger profit because the opening price is closer to the SL level. This way we either lose a small extra amount, or win more than twice.

eooojj:
HI Jwhite,

was just wondering...does Oanda has EA function? since you said you using oanda platform.

rgds,eooojj

Sorry, I switched to Alpari for that reason. I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

Reason: