Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 34

islandhome:
My first days results for pheonix ea on Interbank platform using standard settings. Although my forward test is in its infancy, if it should continue half as well in the coming months i will be very pleased. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Hendrik. There is not enough altruism in the world HIS ACTIONS ARE A SHINING EXAMPLE TO US ALL.

Wow, that's a good one! Can you show me you latest statement?

Hendrick:
My boss can't read Fikko!

Can't read? or can't play computer? or he is busy checking his email everyday...

Update with the phoenix, it is now 50% profit within 10 days... EUR/AUD is quite profitable. I will also test more about this currency.

I think if you plan to have Phoenix working well with many currencies, you need to have currencies management parameter: MaximumCurrTrade

You can place phoenix into 5 currencies, but if MaximumCurrTrade=2, means, only 2 currencies trades allowed at one time. This for maximum usage of free margin and risk. So the system will have more chance to win the market quickly.

This is not major, only "Nice To Have"....

Waiting for the birth of Phoenix version 5.

Hi Fikko

MaximumCurrTrade is nice to have!

Great idea!

Hi, fikko

do you use the default settings or do you optimize phoenix by urself?

Thanx.

asam

Hi,Hendrick

So far so good with Phoenix forward test. I am satisfied with it bacause this EA really make profit.

Here is my rough thought on this EA, since we want Phoenix trade as more pairs as posibble, and based on my point of view, there is common phenomenon that if one main pair moves while the other 3 main will follow up. They show some kinds of relationship, say, we are supposed Phoenix is sensitive with JPY, so if USD/JPY goes down, relatively sooner or later, Eur/USD, GBP/USD will go up and USD/CHF will go down as well. When phoenix inspects this JPY's trend and short USD/JPY, the other 3 main pairs should follow this trend at the same time or a little bit later.

That means Phoenix should not be allowed to trade against the trend. The strategy(or filter) is Phoenix should either long EUR/USD, GBP/USD, short USD/CHF according to inspect their trends, or not to open the opposite trades such as short EUR, GBP, long CHF. Unfortunately, Phoenix will do such conflictive things at present. That's why I want to point out here.

To those pairs related to the main 4, Phoenix don't not need to follow this rule, just depends on it's respective settings.

Pls correct me if I am wrong. Thanx.

asam

asam:
Hi, fikko

do you use the default settings or do you optimize phoenix by urself?

Thanx.

asam

I use defaualt setting by Hendrick. I tried to find better settings, new take profit/stop loss etc, and I couldn't find any better result. I guess Hendrick has found the best setting for Phoenix.

I just increase risk to 0.3, and currency is now only GBPJPY, USDJPY, USDCAD, EURAUD.

I am not running 24 hours. Perhaps 1 GMT to 12 hours. Stopping phoneix if it has 2-3 trades already. It is a floating EA, not need to run phonex every hours. As long as it creates trades, then let it floats! version 5 will not be this way.

Not profitable for me. ??

Hi Guys - I am running Phoenix at FXLQ with default settings on Hendricks suggested pairs. In the last five trading days I am down 3345 $ on a 25 k demo. MM is true. Has anyone noticed significant difference between brokers ? FXLQ is GMT 00. IBFX if I recall is GMT + 2 and FXDD GM T + 3.

I would not have thought this would particularly affect Phoenix but my results are radically different to what is normally being posted here.

I noticed the same disparities with various EA's run by digital in the Elite section. My results were always poor by comparison.

Re the above suggestion to turn Phoenix off after it has placed three trades. Does it not require to monitor those trades ? What if the market tanked while Phoenix was off ?

I am looking forward to v 5 which I will run at both FXLQ and IBFX with same settings and see what that produces.

Comments welcome

Altos.

I'm working on a file based news plotter, and from here it wouldn't be too hard to include/omit news events. It is supposed to be released under a closed license, but I'm either considering ditching my business partner or figuring out a way for Phoenix to use my work. The QPL public license may satisfy my business partner, but he really wants to charge per account. He even wants to charge by the month for the file version, but I completely rejected that. We are having traditional 'programmer vs marketing' woes.

A file based news service I see as valuable, but has an overhead management annoyance (for provider and user) of converting news events into the proper format, and releasing them each week. With this inherent limitation a QPL open source license may be something I can sell to both sides. (my opinion of QPL: free to use, open source, you can call it as a library, but if you sell a product that uses it you need to license the software.)

I want to help phoenix (and other open source EAs) handle news events well at no cost. My main desktop OS is linux, and I firmly believe in open source. I also believe I need to eat. Characterizing things, this would be cathedral trying to interface with the bazaar. I want to help, but I'm not sure if I can satisfy everyone. Ideally, the autoupdated version will have the same API as the file based version, and I can give the file based version away free of charge with no restrictions- but that is a few weeks/months away.

That said, I would like to know how flexible Hendrick is and what he would want to include third party code. I planned on using code similar to the (more common) time filter.

Hi,

I applied 13 pairs to test, now got profits as much as losses around $120. I think the reason is Phoenix opened opposite trades at the same time which I metioned in my last post, so some got profits and others are floating losses, but still can wait for profits in the future. Another reason may be the setting is good for trading in those pairs.

Anyway, Phoenix is a good EA.

asam

AltosTrader:
Hi Guys - I am running Phoenix at FXLQ with default settings on Hendricks suggested pairs. In the last five trading days I am down 3345 $ on a 25 k demo. MM is true. Has anyone noticed significant difference between brokers ? FXLQ is GMT 00. IBFX if I recall is GMT + 2 and FXDD GM T + 3.

I'm using IBFX for several demos and I have been tinkering with time zones a lot lately. The time zone for IBFX appears to be GMT. Some brokers have daylight savings, and some do not. At this moment I'm in Pacific Time which is -8, with daylight saving time which is -7, and interfacing with a broker 7 hours away. Having double checked this calculation several ways and seeing a ton of spikes matching my news chart on screen (and market open/close) I presume my double checked calculations are correct.

The easiest way to figure out the broker time zone I found so far is to look at your time. (20:49 here) and look at the real time data on the chart (03:49). The difference is +7 (IBFX is 7 hours ahead). Therefore, IBFX would be set to GMT.

Several websites will tell you GMT real time.

Reason: