Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 27

Phoenix_4_CONTEST

hello Hendrick

do you use Phoenix_4_CONTEST in championship with defualt setting?

THANKS

Phoenix_EA_v4_2_02 this week

Forward testing

The week's detailed statement.

As an experiment I will not close off this EA for the weekend.

John

Files:
phoenix9.htm  20 kb
phoenix9.gif  6 kb

jumping in

Hi Everyone, i have just read through the Phoenix thread and launched the EA last night about midnight. The very first trade was a loser, but have closed 2 winners and one open in profit. I am trading all the jpy crosses on an oanda platform.

I will keep you posted.

cucurucu:
Hi Hendrick

Let's take it step by step:

1.Dynamic SL. I always set SL to entry price (break even) when the profit reaches 50% of TP. I think we should start this way. It has two benefits: it eliminates some loses and makes room for new trades.

2.Close trades after 48 hours no matter if the trade is in profit or in loss.

3.NEW signal. Regarding closing: I think you should leave the EA as it is. This is the basic principle of counter-trend trading: take the oposite direction of the trend and wait for reversal. We have to "wait for reversal" and NOT closethe trade.

As for the opening aditional trades I vote for it.

Same Direction: buy only if the price is lower and sell only if the price is higher (first trade is on floating loss).

Opposite direction: We could open an opposite trade and still get the profit for both trades because the SL is much bigger than the TP.

4.Currency Correlation. I was using a very good system which was based on correlation. It started to lose in the last months because correlations are geting more and more messy. Please see : http://www.dailyfx.com/story/charting_center/fx_correlations/FX_Correlations__September___How_Do_1159796740400.html.

EURUSD and GBPUSD had a 66% correlation in september. This is ridiculous. Those pairs used to be 97% correlated. I say forget the correlation. It's too risky.

I think 1,2 & 3 will improve this EA significantly. What do you think?

Good luck in the Championship!

I noticed that sometimes one currency pair gets into a winning streak while the others are losers.

What about beginning of week open up all different currency pairs. When one gets a fairly quick profit, only trade with this winning currency pair until this winning streak ends.

hi, guys

why can't I find the link to download the EA in the first page?

Got it.

ericbach:
I noticed that sometimes one currency pair gets into a winning streak while the others are losers. What about beginning of week open up all different currency pairs. When one gets a fairly quick profit, only trade with this winning currency pair until this winning streak ends.

Sorry, I don't think it's a good idea. It looks more like gambling to me.

-------------------

Hendrick Where are you? Have you read my previous post? What do you think?

Regards.

Reason: