Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 30

cucurucu:
I agree with this! I don't think it is a good idea to open a second trade if the first is in profit. What if the price is reversing? We will lose twice as much! If we open a second trade on a new signalwe should do it only at a better price.... if the first trade is losing. The SL & TP should be at the same price levels as the first order. This means a smaller loss and a bigger profit because the opening price is closer to the SL level. This way we either lose a small extra amount, or win more than twice.

Yes, actually all amount should be within the maximum risk allowed.

For example, if risk=0.2 & money $1000, then first trade will be 0.1 Lot, second trade will be another 0.1 Lot, that will be within the maximum risk.

If opposite direction, then it can be 0.2 Lot and 0.2 Lot each.

If you test running phoenix with higher risk more than 0.3, then it will not be profitable. The drawdown is huge enough for phoenix to recover.

Mr Hendrick, i totally agree on your time-window idea. if a trade lasts too long, the open-trade signal may lose it's effect and the trade may become a tossing coin gamble or something like that. But i think looking for ways to improve success rate is better than "scout trade" because "scout trade" may be more risky.

Here are my results of live testing as of close of trading Friday. If this EA performs with real money in a similar manner to backtest, then improvement is welcome, but not necessary. As with all tweaks, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. I was looking for reasons why my trades sometimes were in the opposite direction to the championship one, and how to adjust for that, but I haven't yet come up with anything useful.

Files:

hello thanks to all that testing the ea thanks Hendrick that brought it to us .

i think the ea should be able to manage more then one trade per once (same pair), couse now i'm holding short on JPY for 2 days , and in that periot of time the ea had to oper 2 trades , that came to profit ,, but it doesnt took it couse i have a opened trade..

think about it ... one more think . u explaind how to get a 90% quality for 2 years , so why all ur backtest are since the beginning of the year and not for 2 years ?

10x again

BreakEven on Phoenix

Hi Hendrick,

I just add break even feature into Phoneix. If the market price reached half of takeprofit target, then it will modify the stop loss to be entry price.

The result is not good. It is just similar with trailing stop.

I guess, phoneix has a unique floating way, and if it can't be stop in the middle. Creating another opposite trade is one solution to secure profit and to increase.

fikko:
Hi Hendrick,

I just add break even feature into Phoneix. If the market price reached half of takeprofit target, then it will modify the stop loss to be entry price.

The result is not good. It is just similar with trailing stop.

I guess, phoneix has a unique floating way, and if it can't be stop in the middle. Creating another opposite trade is one solution to secure profit and to increase.

Hi Fikko,

Wait for Phoenix 5 (within a day or two). It has a lot of new features to play with. One of them is opening the second trade by using several conditions.

i was happy

jwhite1319:
Sorry, I switched to Alpari for that reason. I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

I was about to jump for joy when i thought i could use EA on Oanda...

but i guess its just a good dream..

lets hope it will soon be a reality...

congrats on edging ahead to 3rd place

hi hendrick,

congrats on edging ahead to ATC 3rd place! i believe phoenix ea will emerge the winner...go go go.

thanks again for all your input...i hope to learn MT fast enough to start testing properly.

I must tell you that this is the only 1 of 2 threads i reaad in forex-tsd...cos i believe in Phoenix MM/low drawdown..longrun profit characterictic...thanks again...hope to be of help to this community soon.

rgds,

ed

Hendrick:
Hi Fikko, Wait for Phoenix 5 (within a day or two). It has a lot of new features to play with. One of them is opening the second trade by using several conditions.

I will wait patiently.

Update on forward test, last week it goes down from 40% profit to 9%, now it is back to 37% today. This week, your EA should climb to rank #2.

Sashken EA is not better than yours. If he is unlucky, all of his money will be wiped out. He needs thousands luck to win.

Waiting for your 5 version, but version 4.2 is already GOOD!

fikko:

I will wait patiently.

This week, your EA should climb to rank #2.

Sashken EA is not better than yours. If he is unlucky, all of his money will be wiped out. He needs thousands luck to win.

Waiting for your 5 version, but version 4.2 is already GOOD!

I wholeheartedly endorse the above extract from fikko. The proposals for Phoenix 5 posted by the THE MASTER (Hendrick of course) sound to be very promising. It is true that Sashken is currently leading but with a level of gambling which would be unacceptable using real money. vdiddy38 has not given us enough info to make useful criticism. The steady progress of Phoenix as indicated by the time sequence of trades gives me a very comfortable feeling.

Roll on version 5 and congratulations to Hendrick.

Reason: