Elite indicators :) - page 835

mladen:
clon_tron

There is a rather complicated expression that evaluates to alerts

According to you, when should it alert?

On the first bar, like in the screenshot. Also can you please color the histo?

Files:
030303.png  8 kb

ValeoFX:
Good morning Mladen,

Trust this finds you and the family well.

Is there a MTF version of the Envelopes indicator in the standard indicator folder on MT4? I cannot find one and search finds requests way back in 2007 already, but I cannot find one that was made?

Would appreciate hearing from you.

Continued success to you.

ValeoFX

I believe that it is left out since it is a moving average with an addition of "levels". That can be achieved by using the build in moving average and adjusting levels to desired values

clon_tron:
On the first bar, like in the screenshot. Also can you please color the histo?

OK. Will have to check the code first : I am not sure that it will not repaint in some cases (it depends on stop level, and if broker alerts the stop level for a symbol then the indicator will repaint), so I have to check that first

mladen:
ValeoFX I believe that it is left out since it is a moving average with an addition of "levels". That can be achieved by using the build in moving average and adjusting levels to desired values

Thanks Mladen, but the difference is that with the Envelopes we move the lines by Deviation and not by Hi/Lo as in Tr.Env. neither by SHIFT.

I have noticed a very interesting phenomenon when using Envelopes on H-1 but I cannot duplicate that on a lower TF, hence my question.

ValeoFX:
Thanks Mladen, but the difference is that with the Envelopes we move the lines by Deviation and not by Hi/Lo as in Tr.Env. neither by SHIFT. I have noticed a very interesting phenomenon when using Envelopes on H-1 but I cannot duplicate that on a lower TF, hence my question.

ValeoFX

What envelopes are you using?

I ask that because if indicator uses average and deviation, it is, by definition, a bollinger band

mladen:
ValeoFX

What envelopes are you using?

I ask that because if indicator uses average and deviation, it is, by definition, a bollinger band

I use the Standard version found in MT4 as you can see from the attached screen-print.

ValeoFX:
I use the Standard version found in MT4 as you can see from the attached screen-print.

You still have that version of envelopes in metatrader too (in the trend group)

mladen:
You still have that version of envelopes in metatrader too (in the trend group)

I do, but no MTF version and that is what I would like to test on M-5.

ValeoFX:
I do, but no MTF version and that is what I would like to test on M-5.

ValeoFX

Check out this one : Forex TSD - forex forum - Download MTF_EnvelopesM1.mq4 from the multi time frame thread

mladen:
ValeoFX Check out this one : Forex TSD - forex forum - Download MTF_EnvelopesM1.mq4 from the multi time frame thread

Thank you very much Mladen. No idea why I could not find it there as I looked.

Reason: