Elite indicators :) - page 590

CurrencySlopeStrength indicator

Hello again Mladen,

This one is probably "up your alley" I hope.

Could you please optimize this indicator so that it can be more easily used with an EA; making it more resource effective that is (draining CPU actually) and modify the code so it always display only the 2 lines corresponding to the pair used on the chart at any given time hence using the same 2 user input colours for any pair.

That is of course unless you have something similar already coded (which I did not find anywhere) and if so would like you to point me there plse.

I will really be in debt to you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Hello again Mladen,

This one is probably "up your alley" I hope.

Could you please optimize this indicator so that it can be more easily used with an EA; making it more resource effective that is (draining CPU actually) and modify the code so it always display only the 2 lines corresponding to the pair used on the chart at any given time hence using the same 2 user input colours for any pair.

That is of course unless you have something similar already coded (which I did not find anywhere) and if so would like you to point me there plse.

I will really be in debt to you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

ValeoFX

That indicator is calculating a slope for 8 symbols on each tick. It can not be made less CPU intensive (due to the fact that it works with so many symbols at a same time)

mladen:
ValeoFX That indicator is calculating a slope for 8 symbols on each tick. It can not be made less CPU intensive (due to the fact that it works with so many symbols at a same time)

Forgive my ignorance Mladen, but does it mean that if I run it on a currency, it will still calculate the other 7 as well? In which case I can delete all the others and just focus on the currencies I trade with different settings of the indicator? Right? That should take care of the CPU issues I hope.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Forgive my ignorance Mladen, but does it mean that if I run it on a currency, it will still calculate the other 7 as well? In which case I can delete all the others and just focus on the currencies I trade with different settings of the indicator? Right? That should take care of the CPU issues I hope.

Best regards,

Yes, if you reduce the number of symbols it should be lighter to your CPU

ValeoFX:

Best regards,

PS: the only question is when you reduce the number of symbols what are you going to get as a result and is it going to be usable in trading

mladen:
PS: the only question is when you reduce the number of symbols what are you going to get as a result and is it going to be usable in trading

Good morning Mladen,

Yes you are right, but I thought that it may show you a clear-cut change in direction per currency selected as I have seen in my first attempt at understanding the indicator.

Best wishes.

perhaps somebody has an indicator equivalent to the period separator

(exactly as built in MT4). maybe, Mladen or MrTools could program this,

if it is not time-consuming, please

I have something as attached

Files:

wojtek.paul:
perhaps somebody has an indicator equivalent to the period separator

(exactly as built in MT4). maybe, Mladen or MrTools could program this,

if it is not time-consuming, please

I have something as attached

wojtek.paul

I tried that indicator and it works fine on my PC (it is not time consuming since it draws period separators only for the active screen). What kind of a problems do you have with it ?

thank you. I enclose the pictures for 1H and 1D of both the built-in and the custom period separator.

in general, there are problems for higher (than 4H) timeframes (not all of the separators are present), but also there are no separators for 1M chart, as well as for the opening session after the weekend

Files:

wojtek.paul:
thank you. I enclose the pictures for 1H and 1D of both the built-in and the custom period separator. in general, there are problems for higher (than 4H) timeframes (not all of the separators are present), but also there are no separators for 1M chart, as well as for the opening session after the weekend

wojtek.paul

Try out this one. Minimal period for which it draws separators is day. Also, it draws separators over the whole history (not just for one screen). As far as I see this one should work OK. Tests it and let me know if there is some problem

Files:
Reason: