Hello and help! EA does not trades on strategy tester

Hello, I am new to this forum and it looks like a good place. I wonder if anyone can help and apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find it anywhere.

I have coded a fairly basic ea and it runs fine on the strategy tester with eurusd but it just won't take trades on any other pairs and I don't know why?

I have coded and run other ea's on other pairs but it seems that now they are not working either. I have done nothing to the platform that I could think would cause this.

Has anyone else had this experience and how did you fix it? Thanks. 

hughbriss:

Γεια σας, είμαι νέος σε αυτό το φόρουμ και φαίνεται σαν μια καλή θέση. Αναρωτιέμαι αν κάποιος μπορεί να βοηθήσει και συγνώμη αν αυτό έχει κληθεί στο παρελθόν, αλλά δεν μπορώ να το βρω πουθενά.

Έχω μια αρκετά κωδικοποιούνται βασικές εα και να τρέχει πρόστιμο στην tester στρατηγική με EURUSD, αλλά απλά δεν θα λάβει συναλλαγές σε άλλα ζεύγη και δεν ξέρω για ποιο λόγο;

Έχω τρέξει κωδικοποιούνται και άλλων εα σε άλλα ζεύγη, αλλά φαίνεται ότι τώρα δεν εργάζονται ούτε. Έχω κάνει τίποτα για να την πλατφόρμα που θα μπορούσα να σκεφτώ θα μπορούσε να προκαλέσει αυτό.

Έχει κάποιος άλλος είχε αυτή την εμπειρία και πώς να το διορθώσω; Ευχαριστώ. 

Missing data in other pairs.

Hmm, ok. Epharisto for your answer.  Why was is it missing now when it wasn't before and what do I do about it? The platform is logged in so it should be updating. I have opened the pairs and gone back in history to the furthest back available.

hughbriss:  I have coded a fairly basic ea and it runs fine on the strategy tester with eurusd but it just won't take trades on any other pairs and I don't know why?
Neither do we. Do you really expect us to know when you don't post any of your code? There are no mind readers here.

WHRoeder:
Neither do we. Do you really expect us to know when you don't post any of your code? There are no mind readers here.

Thanks for your answer but I don't believe it's a problem with the code because an EA that used to run on the other pairs won't run either. That's why I didn't post the code.

hughbriss:

Hmm, ok. Epharisto for your answer.  Why was is it missing now when it wasn't before and what do I do about it? The platform is logged in so it should be updating. I have opened the pairs and gone back in history to the furthest back available.

Go back on M1 and see how far you can get . . .  start you Strategy tester run forward of that date.  Alternatively get yourself some decent data.

RaptorUK:
Go back on M1 and see how far you can get . . .  start you Strategy tester run forward of that date.  Alternatively get yourself some decent data.

Ok thanks. Thing is I'm mostly testing on daily charts. Also where did the data go? It was there a while ago and working fine so not sure why it won't work now. Also if I run an ea in visual mode the charts are there but it just won't take trades in anything other than eurusd. This has happened to other ea's that previously did take trades in the strategy tester. Also I have just tried the ea on a demo account from a different broker and it works fine so it's not the code. Interesting, I've never seen anything like it happen before.

hughbriss:

Ok thanks. Thing is I'm mostly testing on daily charts. Also where did the data go? It was there a while ago and working fine so not sure why it won't work now. Also if I run an ea in visual mode the charts are there but it just won't take trades in anything other than eurusd. This has happened to other ea's that previously did take trades in the strategy tester. Also I have just tried the ea on a demo account from a different broker and it works fine so it's not the code. Interesting, I've never seen anything like it happen before.
If you want specific help show your code  . . . . or at least give us some indication about what debugging you have added to your code to check if it is encountering the conditions needed to place trades and that it is then executing the code to place those trades and then the errors being generated when the trades fail are being reported  . . .  this would be the minimum you would need in your code to track down what the issue is.

hughbriss:

Hello, I am new to this forum and it looks like a good place. I wonder if anyone can help and apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find it anywhere.

I have coded a fairly basic ea and it runs fine on the strategy tester with eurusd but it just won't take trades on any other pairs and I don't know why?

I have coded and run other ea's on other pairs but it seems that now they are not working either. I have done nothing to the platform that I could think would cause this.

Has anyone else had this experience and how did you fix it? Thanks. 

Just a thought : don't hard code the symbol, like "EURUSD" or GBPJPY", just use Symbol() - https://docs.mql4.com/windows/Symbol.

Thanks fellas but I think I've worked it out. I had changed the max bars in history over the weekend and that seemed to be causing it. The code was fine as I used it on a different version of mt4 and it worked.

The code is NOT fine. Something changed, like the broker when to 5 digits or to ecn, the symbol changed, minlot and lot step, something. Your code fails on the new something and doesn't give error message.
Reason: