Elite indicators :) - page 369

Hercs
Hercs  

Camisa

camisa:
Hi Valeo, could you share your indys+template, please?

Indies are from here and template construction is straight forward. Otherwise contact me through PM.

Best regards.

SIMBA
SIMBA  
mladen:
For quite some time we are having indicators from the "Traders' tips" of Technical Analysis of Stock and Commodities here as soon as the magazine is issued. This one was posted in the advanced elite section first simply because one member have asked it there, but since he agress too, we are re-posting it here too so we are keeping our little tradition alive

This one is from the latest (August 2011) issue of TASC : TRADERS’ TIPS - August 2011

What it does is the following : it marks bars in specific sequence from the start of the day. Fibonacci sequence goes like this 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181 and 6785 and Lucas sequence is the following 3, 4, 7, 11, 18, 29, 47, 76, 123, 199, 322, 521, 843, 1364, 2207 and 3571. So, when using Fibonacci sequence first the 5th bar of the day is marked, then the 8th and so on. The same principle is used for Lucas sequence

Some more about it can be read here : Automated Techniques For Intraday Traders - Andrew Coles, PhDAlso, I would like to quote a friend of mine that told the following regarding this indicator :

Is it by chance or not, but take a look at today's 5 minute chart. Those color bars were there from the open of the bar. I know that it can be attributed to odds, but, nevertheless, it will not hurt to study it in order to see if there is some real usage of it

PS: Colors in this indicator does not have the usual meaning but are there in order to make a difference between the 2 sequence of bars. You can change them from parameters. Also it should be used on a short time frames only : 1 minute, 5 minute ...

Mladen,

Interesting indicator...And already MTF

Question,will it be possible to modify it in order for the user to select the starting bar for the counts?

Thanks

rhon
rhon  

About ang_AutoCh_HL-v1

Hello everyone..especially mLaden...

i've found indicator called ang_AutoCh_HL-v1 in this forum, I am interested in this indicator, because this indicator is forecasting indicators.

but could this indicator is refreshed two hours or four hours later as the first insert this indicator into the chart. Because the upper and lower range of indicators is becoming increasingly wide.

I hope someone here can help....

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

simba

Added a ResetCounterAtparameter. You enter the time at which the counter is to be reset. I decide to it this way since this way you can control up to minute resolution where do you want the count to star. To set to negative value use 12:00+ time which in effect has a a result as if negative time shift has been used. This way any time frame (shorter than daily) are going to start at the same time. As of time frames : it is not a multi time frame indicator . Since it is a strictly intraday indicator gave up the idea to make a multi time frame indicator, but the parameter was left there as a part of a plan to do that. Removed it (the parameter) from this version

regards

Mladen

SIMBA:
Mladen,

Interesting indicator...And already MTF Question,will it be possible to modify it in order for the user to select the starting bar for the counts?

Thanks
Hercs
Hercs  

4tfErgodicCCI

Hi Mkaden,

Trust you had a great weekend.

The "4tfErgodicCCI" that you constructed, does not move or keep the labels behind the rows (attached pic). My "concern" is that it may therefore not give the correct signals although logic says that it is only the Labels that are not performing correctly. Any suggestions, plse?

Secondly, would the #DTosc indicator behave any better of you give its RSi the Tim Morris treatment?

Best regards.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

ValoFX

Here is the corrected "4 time frame ergodic CCI". Labels are placed and moved correctly now (added an option to show them or not too).

As of DTOSC : will check it out.

Mladen

ValeoFX:
Hi Mkaden,

Trust you had a great weekend.

The "4tfErgodicCCI" that you constructed, does not move or keep the labels behind the rows (attached pic). My "concern" is that it may therefore not give the correct signals although logic says that it is only the Labels that are not performing correctly. Any suggestions, plse?

Secondly, would the #DTosc indicator behave any better of you give its RSi the Tim Morris treatment?

Best regards.
Hercs
Hercs  

Many thanks Mladen

mladen:
ValoFX

Here is the corrected "4 time frame ergodic CCI". Labels are placed and moved correctly now (added an option to show them or not too).

As of DTOSC : will check it out.

Mladen

================

Many thanks Mladen.

I have never had much success with ErgodicCCI, but after I reread the methodology, decided to test it again. Interesting concept to me. Your opinion, plse?

Regards,

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

ValeoFX

As promised, here are 2 "flavors" of dtosc (Robert Miner Dynamic Trader oscillator or Stochastic Rsi indicator). One is applying Tim Morris smoothing to rsi and then it is using the smoothed rsi in calculation. The other is applying Tim Morris smoothing to to stochastic instead (rsi is used in its raw format). Was testing what would be the best way to use Tim Morris smoothing and in the end I am posting the 2 versions here

Here are the comparisons : upper is regular dtosc in both examples. In the upper example smoothing is applied to rsi. In the lower example smoothing is applied to stochastic.

Applying smoothing to rsi has its good points but in my opinion it is more useful to apply the Tim Morris smoothing to stochastic (especially if you take into account example like this - where noise for Tim Morris average is set to 100, lag added is very small and the smoothing achieved with it when compared to original is very interesting)

Hercs
Hercs  

Many thanks Mladen

mladen:
ValeoFX

As promised, here are 2 "flavors" of dtosc (Robert Miner Dynamic Trader oscillator or Stochastic Rsi indicator). One is applying Tim Morris smoothing to rsi and then it is using the smoothed rsi in calculation. The other is applying Tim Morris smoothing to to stochastic instead (rsi is used in its raw format). Was testing what would be the best way to use Tim Morris smoothing and in the end I am posting the 2 versions here

Here are the comparisons : upper is regular dtosc in both examples. In the upper example smoothing is applied to rsi. In the lower example smoothing is applied to stochastic.

Applying smoothing to rsi has its good points but in my opinion it is more useful to apply the Tim Morris smoothing to stochastic (especially if you take into account example like this - where noise for Tim Morris average is set to 100, lag added is very small and the smoothing achieved with it when compared to original is very interesting)

====================

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you for these 2 indicators, which I will run from today for the rest of this week on a 24/7 basis before reporting back to you. Unless of course, that something crops up that needs your attention.

Much appreciate your time and expertise.

Sincerely,

camisa
camisa  
mladen:

arrows please