Various - page 92

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

If these low high bands lines using some average method or if can be applied on bands,for to see how looks like.

picture attached separately,facing problem uploading proper picture,the system uploads some other picture in place :)

regards

The high-low bands are the basis for calculation. They can not be smoothed

The average is applied to median value of high low bands. If you ise period 1 (as I suspect you did in that example), then you shall have no value to be compared to median value (they are going to be the same). Period greater than 1 must be used for calculation or else it will not show anything but highest high, lowest low and the median of those

mladen:
What settings did you use for that example?

Dearest MLADEN

For the moment i disabled main trend line and experimenting on bands.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

For the moment i disabled main trend line and experimenting on bands.

regards

mntiwana

Don't use average period 0

Use any average period > 1. With average period 0 it does not do anything - just a simple high/low channel with median line

mladen:

mntiwana

Don't use average period 0

Use any average period > 1. With average period 0 it does not do anything - just a simple high/low channel with median line

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for quick response,applying and increasing/decreasing that averaging period effects with only main colored trend line,not with bands,as shown in picture.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for quick response,applying and increasing/decreasing that averaging period effects with only main colored trend line,not with bands,as shown in picture.

regards

mntiwana

Yes. Only the "trend" line. To change the bands, change the high low period

mladen:

Low-high bands with a twist : it is used as a source for averaging and that way finding out a "trend". From quick visual tests it should be used on higher time frames and using short calculation

mladen:

Low-high bands with a twist : it is used as a source for averaging and that way finding out a "trend". From quick visual tests it should be used on higher time frames and using short calculation periods

does it repaint on current bar? 

camisa:

It does not repaint

Current bar changes are treated as any other non-repainting indicators do. As for the past : no repainting whatsoever

mladen:

It does not repaint

Current bar changes are treated as any other non-repainting indicators do. As for the past : no repainting whatsoever

what I was asking was if on current bar it changes values until bar close or if the signal stays from open to close of bar (like when price=open)

but by your answer I can see it can change value during current bar?

camisa:

what I was asking was if on current bar it changes values until bar close or if the signal stays from open to close of bar (like when price=open)

but by your answer I can see it can change value during current bar?

If any indicator is using value other than open price for calculation then the current bar value can and will change if the change is significant enough. I am yet to see an indicator that uses any price other than open price that does not change the current bar value.

And that was never and will never be considered as repainting. Repainting is when a value of any other bar different than the current bar (and I am not talking  about multi time frame mode now) is changed. All the rest is a completely normal causal indicator calculation.

I will repeat again : that indicator does not repaint

mladen:

If any indicator is using value other than open price for calculation then the current bar value can and will change if the change is significant enough. I am yet to see an indicator that uses any price other than open price that does not change the current bar value.

And that was never and will never be considered as repainting. Repainting is when a value of any other bar different than the current bar (and I am not talking  about multi time frame mode now) is changed. All the rest is a completely normal causal indicator calculation.

I will repeat again : that indicator does not repaint

yes, the term "repaint" was not well used by me :P

I just wanted to know if it updates during candle duration or uses price=open 

Reason: