Elite indicators :) - page 373

mladen

Is there any way to config the Alert and Playsound to work better. I'm trying to set up a different sound but the Alert , when on, cuts the Playsound short. See attached.

Thanks

Ray

Is this correct?

mrtools:
This is normalized deviation,normalized atr, with deviation ma and smoothing. When the deviation(blue) and ma(gold) are above the red(atr) uptrend, strong uptrend when the deviation is greater than the ma while above the atr. For sell trend the opposite. Made it multi time frame but haven't decided how to do the alerts yet.

=============

MrTools, is this a correct representation of this indicator on EUR/USD M5 in this case? Would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Files:

Ray

As far as I know PlaySound() function is interruptible by asynchronous events - other metatrader processing events (for example new tick coming in ... million other reasons). I think that metatrader people did that in order to prevent terminal freezing for "more important operations" due to sound playing that has very little in common with trading itself.

For very same reason Sleep() does not work from indicators - here is a quote from their explanation : "The Sleep() function cannot be called from custom indicators since they calculate in the interface thread and may not decelerate it."

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
mladen

Is there any way to config the Alert and Playsound to work better. I'm trying to set up a different sound but the Alert , when on, cuts the Playsound short. See attached.

Thanks

Ray

mladen

thanks for the explaination, a quick blast will have to surfice!

Ray

mladen:
Ray

As far as I know PlaySound() function is interruptible by asynchronous events - other metatrader processing events (for example new tick coming in ... million other reasons). I think that metatrader people did that in order to prevent terminal freezing for "more important operations" due to sound playing that has very little in common with trading itself.

For very same reason Sleep() does not work from indicators - here is a quote from their explanation : "The Sleep() function cannot be called from custom indicators since they calculate in the interface thread and may not decelerate it."

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
=============

MrTools, is this a correct representation of this indicator on EUR/USD M5 in this case? Would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, and looks like on M5 was showing downtrend

Files:

mladen,

I'm trying to display the "Close" in the alert window. It may sound silly but I 'm hoping to be able to generate same for my basket offline alerts. I just thought the GBPUSD answer would be more understandable. See attached. Indicator is the Special rsi .

Thanks

Ray

Favour plse..

MrTools, would you mind programming this indicator so that the arrows can also be individually adjusted like the "pCCi" you so kindly changed?

Thanks in advance.

Mladen for advice plse...

Hi Mladen,

Would you mind telling me how the ATR in the "Step stochastic pre-smoothed" actually works, plse?

I have had tremendous success with low settings such a 1 (would you believe it), but discovered since that it is actually better set @ 20 (your default was @ 10), but with tweaks to the K.Slow.

Just a short explanation would be great please.

Thanking you in advance.

ValeoFX:
MrTools, would you mind programming this indicator so that the arrows can also be individually adjusted like the "pCCi" you so kindly changed? Thanks in advance.

No problem Valeo.

Reason: