Trend continuation factor - page 2

I've come up with two more articles by Pee.

Trend Trigger Factor Dec. 2004

Phase Change Index May 2004

Still looking, I beleive there is one or two more;

The Phase Change Index is the logic that I am comverting to create trend lines with. If you look at his code you will see what I mean.

Keit

biddick:
Keit , If an indicator draws those trend lines as precise as you show in your chart than it is a very good indicator.I could not find much info by googling Phase Change Index and M.H.Pee.I think S&C mag puplished the excel formula of the indicator , if I am not mistaken.Will you share it or prefer not to.Thanks.

biddick

you are right the Phase Change Index is writen for excel. How ever it not difficult to convert to MQ4. The other indicator Trend Trigger Factor I beleive has already been writen in MQ4 some were.

I am going to post the articals later to day must get some sleep sometime.

I have no plans to make the cycle indicator public nor do I intend to sell or rent it. Sorry.

Keit

Thanks mladen

Another great creation, mladen !

Thanks.

tcf smoothed

hello,

unfortunately i cannot run the tcf smoothed indicator. Set it into experts/indicators but its not running.

Has anybody an idea why?

Post a picture : how does it not work? There is no dependency to any external indicator so it must work (what are the parameters you are using?)

regards

mladen

beacher:
hello,

unfortunately i cannot run the tcf smoothed indicator. Set it into experts/indicators but its not running.

Has anybody an idea why?

Maybe the version of metatrader ?

I know, on my laptops under windows seven, the built in firewall block updates of metatrader ...

I don't know

From beachermessages (he posted 2 on TSD and both tell that his indicators do not work) I can not conclude what is the problem on his PC. Trend continuation factor does not contain anything unusual that any metatrader version could not execute nor does it contain references to external indicators, so it has to work on any metatrader version (and since it is a source file, it does not depend on version either)

Big Joe:
Maybe the version of metatrader ? I know, on my laptops under windows seven, the built in firewall block updates of metatrader ...

tcf smoothed

My first problem was solved when changing the metatrader version. With the one i had first the indicator did not run.

I am using Mig trading and here the indicator makes nothing. I do not get a window or anything else. The other i have is varengold. Here i get only an empty window.

Empty window or empty sub-window?

If it is empty sub-window then what price parameter are you using? Price parameters should be as this :
0 - Close

1 - Open

2 - High

3 - Low

4 - Median (high+low)/2

5 - Typical (high+low+close)/3

6 - Weighted (high+low+close+close)/4

Only cases which I found metatrader behaves like that is when the priceparameter is not one from the allowed list above (then you get something like the posted picture - tcf is in the sub-window and some objects too, but as soon as I enter wrong price parameter, everything disappears) or when the Lengthparameter is set to less than 1

regards

mladen

beacher:
My first problem was solved when changing the metatrader version. With the one i had first the indicator did not run. I am using Mig trading and here the indicator makes nothing. I do not get a window or anything else. The other i have is varengold. Here i get only an empty window.
Files:
nok.gif  13 kb

Akif,

Phase Change Index article attached at this post https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page93#comment_410818 Will be probably posted here too but not now (I posted reasons there too)

regards

mladen

akift:
Hi Keit

I would be great if you can post the articles.

Looking forward to it.

Akif,
Reason: