News from elite subscription - page 32

Henderson Indicator

Thanks Mladen,

I apprciate your response,

I guess I have some questions about it in layman's term.

-How the new color(Blue or Pink) line gets plotted? I mean they are realtime, once they are plotted they stay there permenantly?

-If they are delayed, how many bars they get fixed?

Do you happend to have any general idea?

Kindly let me know.

John

mladen:
John, Regarding Henderson's filter I think that at this link : henderson you can find enough information as of what is it and how it is calculated. The one I made has a general weights calculation method (it does not use tables for weights but is calculating those depending on the calculating length, so it can calculate any length). Now, one more thing since I guess what is what you are interested the more - this is the crucial chapter that you should read there :

"The filter weights applied in the middle of a time series are symmetric, while the end filter weights are asymmetric. This is due to the standard end point problem where at the start and end of the series there is not enough data on either side of the data points to generate symmetric filter weights."

That is saying that it is a centeredfilter and as such it recalculates last half length bars. I made an effort to minimize the recalculation effect (it uses a specific way of altering weights when calculation enters the last half length bars zone) but it still is a centered one and there is no 100% sure way to estimate the last half length bars.

Hope this answers some of the questions you had on mind

regards

Mladen

John

As every "centered" indicator, last half bars are a subject of change (that is the result of having asymmetrical calculation at the end). So the answer is that after half calculation period bars they are fixed. Before then they can change

johnfarmon:
Thanks Mladen,

I apprciate your response,

I guess I have some questions about it in layman's term.

-How the new color(Blue or Pink) line gets plotted? I mean they are realtime, once they are plotted they stay there permenantly?

-If they are delayed, how many bars they get fixed?

Do you happend to have any general idea?

Kindly let me know.

John

Number of bars in Henderson Filter

Hello Mladen,

Sorry to bug you again...

So in simpler terms, how many bars apporximately after the color(Blue or Pink) gets fixed and do not move unless trend change? For an example, are they 5 bars, 3 bars etc, 1 bar etc?

Kindly let me know. I appriciate your interest toward guiding me...

John

mladen:
John As every "centered" indicator, last half bars are a subject of change (that is the result of having asymmetrical calculation at the end). So the answer is that after half calculation period bars they are fixed. Before then they can change

John

I did answer you already but here are some examples :

if your calculating length is 5 then 2 bars can change

if your calculating length is 7 then 3 bars can change

if your calculating length is 9 then 4 bars can change

and so on ...

johnfarmon:
Hello Mladen,

Sorry to bug you again...

So in simpler terms, how many bars apporximately after the color(Blue or Pink) gets fixed and do not move unless trend change? For an example, are they 5 bars, 3 bars etc, 1 bar etc?

Kindly let me know. I appriciate your interest toward guiding me...

John

Questions

Hello Mladen,

I was guided to this forum about this particular Henderson's indicator...

Mr. ND have forwarded me this link. I have gone through all the posts about this link.

Simply put, can you you tell me that how many bars are adviced to set up with. Do they repaint after designated bars?

Is that possible to paint a chart and send me at premalmunshaw@yahoo.com where I can see that how many later they get fixed?

Any currency pair and any time frame is OK.

I like your help in advance.

Premal Munshaw

mladen:
John

I did answer you already but here are some examples :

if your calculating length is 5 then 2 bars can change

if your calculating length is 7 then 3 bars can change

if your calculating length is 9 then 4 bars can change

and so on ...

Premal

Please read the post at the top of this page (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173581/page21 ) as of the what and the how Henderson filter works

As of the how many bars are advised : if you follow the link in that post you will find much more information there, but I do doubt that there is such a thing as "use period nn for this" or "use period mm for that" anywhere

And the last : in the very text you quoted it is already answered to the part of recalculation

regards

Mladen

premalmunshaw:
Hello Mladen,

I was guided to this forum about this particular Henderson's indicator...

Mr. ND have forwarded me this link. I have gone through all the posts about this link.

Simply put, can you you tell me that how many bars are adviced to set up with. Do they repaint after designated bars?

Is that possible to paint a chart and send me at premalmunshaw@yahoo.com where I can see that how many later they get fixed?

Any currency pair and any time frame is OK.

I like your help in advance.

Premal Munshaw

Henderson

Mladen, Thanks very much.

My idea is to identify the link-skyblue or pink...so you need to tell me that in simply put, how it apeears on chart in reality, I mean to ask is that how it gets plotted on the chart?

Any chart you can provide. I do not understand the complicated mumbo-jumbo. Simply, what I want to know briefly is how the change in color in line gets plotted usually? Whats the style of getting it plotted.

Your simple to understand reply is highly anticipated.

Thanks very much, Premal Munshaw

mladen:
Premal

Please read the post at the top of this page (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173581/page21 ) as of the what and the how Henderson filter works

As of the how many bars are advised : if you follow the link in that post you will find much more information there, but I do doubt that there is such a thing as "use period nn for this" or "use period mm for that" anywhere

And the last : in the very text you quoted it is already answered to the part of recalculation

regards

Mladen

Quite frankly I do not understand what are you asking

If you are asking when does it change the color, then the answer is : when the slope changes

If you are asking how it is coded to change color then the answer you should look for in this section : Lessons .

premalmunshaw:
Mladen, Thanks very much.

My idea is to identify the link-skyblue or pink...so you need to tell me that in simply put, how it apeears on chart in reality, I mean to ask is that how it gets plotted on the chart?

Any chart you can provide. I do not understand the complicated mumbo-jumbo. Simply, what I want to know briefly is how the change in color in line gets plotted usually? Whats the style of getting it plotted.

Your simple to understand reply is highly anticipated.

Thanks very much, Premal Munshaw

Help KST tf 4h

help with custom settings kst tf 4h? i have the indicator but in short term 4 h not good, have a settings optimale?

Thanks

tecnico eni,

There are 2 KST indicators and all of them are inside elite sections:

- very old KST (Know Sure Thing) written by Igorad (Linuxser used this indicator as I remember);

and

- KST indicator coded by Mladen using metastock formulas

So, I do not know which KST you are talking about sorry.

Reason: