Elite indicators :) - page 1181

braintheboss:
Lol. Only one number in that range ( 12345678 )? Or that is the constant number for custom timeframe? Now I'm confused. iCustom( NULL, 0, "averages...", 12345678, 18,... )?

That is a constant that is used as a custom time frame identifier

That iCustom() call would have call the indicator using 18 minute time frame

PS: I have a feeling that you are trying to solve your problem from the wrong side. When called from an EA none of the first 2 parameters for time frame are needed. All you have to do is a simple iCustom() call like this :

iCustom(NULL,18,"name of the indicator",PERIOD)CURRENT,0,.....)

and it will work with any custom indicator and any time frame

mladen:
PS: I have a feeling that you are trying to solve your problem from the wrong side. When called from an EA none of the first 2 parameters for time frame are needed. All you have to do is a simple iCustom() call like this :

iCustom(NULL,18,"name of the indicator",PERIOD)CURRENT,0,.....)

and it will work with any custom indicator and any time frame

Ah. Im sorry. But I didnt use much iCustom and I always thinked you have use parameters like MT4 dialog. For that I put constant in first indicator parameter. Ok. Then first 2 parameters I set to 0. Thanks for all. I think my EA will improve much with your indicator.We will see this week how works

Dont works. Its weird. I have one M6 offline chart created and loaded. Event putting indicator in that chart show anything. Your indicator alone works fine.

properties.timeframe = 6;

plot1[ i ] = iCustom( symbolz.get(), properties.timeframe, AVERAGESºICUSTOMªINDY, 0, 0, ...);

I tried put NULL in symbol and PERIOD_CURRENT in timeframe loading in M6 chart but same result. I test Symbol(), Period() and Bars and show correct data in that M6 Chart. Only values iCustom return is 0.0 or 0x7FFFFFFF

This is an updated version of squeeze channel bars made a little more user friendly and a little shorter code wise.

squeeze_channel_bars_2.mq4

very bad input

mladen

I would like to put your new indicator into an EA but only having the compiled version of your new input structure confuses me. Just putting the input section together is confusing. The iCustom layout is even more confusing.

Input questions;

split words i.e. Ema period,

quoted words i.e. Ema "speed",

several split words with quoted word i.e. Divisor to use for "ema" calculation

How do the above look in the iCustom structure.

adema1 = iCustom(NULL,0,indicatorFileName,"",

Emaperiod,

Emaspeed,

Price,

Divisortousefor"ema"calculation

Filter,

Prescision,

1,1)

Any help would be appreciated

thank you

Ray

adaptive_ema_variation__filter_2.01_mtf.ex4

traderduke:
mladen

I would like to put your new indicator into an EA but only having the compiled version of your new input structure confuses me. Just putting the input section together is confusing. The iCustom layout is even more confusing.

Input questions;

split words i.e. Ema period,

quoted words i.e. Ema "speed",

several split words with quoted word i.e. Divisor to use for "ema" calculation

How do the above look in the iCustom structure.

adema1 = iCustom(NULL,0,indicatorFileName,"",

Emaperiod,

Emaspeed,

Price,

Divisortousefor"ema"calculation

Filter,

Prescision,

1,1)

Any help would be appreciated

thank you

Ray

adaptive_ema_variation__filter_2.01_mtf.ex4

Ray

From your post I can not see at all what type of variables are you trying to pass to iCustom() call. The "split words" are descriptive parameter names and should not be confused with real variable names (which is completely unimportant - parameters are not passed by name but by value) and variable types (which is the essence of how they should be passed to iCustom() call). You can see the parameter types from the small icons in the parameter list when you attach it to the chart

Anyway : please post the example code that you are trying to use otherwise I can only guess what are the variable types

mladen:

You can see the parameter types from the small icons in the parameter list when you attach it to the chart

Dearest MLADEN

thanks for pointing out some tips, can we know more about in more descriptive/details way rather than only types .... left/right of mouse click even doing nothing here, can you explain more plz or any link about.

regards

Files:
2.png  71 kb

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

thanks for pointing out some tips, can we know more about in more descriptive/details way rather than only types .... left/right of mouse click even doing nothing here, can you explain more plz or any link about.

regards

mntiwana

Yes, those icons are showing the parameter types

Reason: