Elite indicators :) - page 1011

mladen:
derfel

Do you get any error in the journals or experts tab of terminal?

And what build of metatrader are you using?

not from all brokers I tested on M1, Tickmill doesn't say anything, just giving a blanc subwindow, HotForex gives a flood of:

"date = (at least one every second:) Memory handler: cannot allocate 4194304 bytes of memory"

derfel

derfel:
not from all brokers I tested on M1, Tickmill doesn't say anything, just giving a blanc subwindow, HotForex gives a flood of:

"date = (at least one every second:) Memory handler: cannot allocate 4194304 bytes of memory"

derfel

derfel

Try setting the maximum number of bars in the options to 5000 and then try again

mladen:
derfel Try setting the maximum number of bars in the options to 5000 and then try again

Thanks, mladen, will do that. But I have to go now. will answer tomorrow.

Thanks

derfel

I tried it too, and it works form me (FXCM broker)

New version of volatility adjusted RSI (upgraded, with some additions it did not have in the first version) : volatility_adjusted_rsi_2.ex4

mladen:
derfel Try setting the maximum number of bars in the options to 5000 and then try again

mladen, my strange finding :

1. did set max bars in history + chart = 5000

2. compiled the indicator with different brokers Meta-editors: compiling runs fine, no errors. All journals say: "custom indicator loaded successfully". But the indicator doesn't show up on chart. There comes just an empty subwindow.

I only can see the indi on chart if I use it in its "original shape", as I downloaded it, but as soon as I let it been compiled by a Meta-editor

(even with no code change, just compile it as it is) it refuses to show up. A restart makes no change.

tried 3 different brokers, all of them use ver 4.00 Build 890

where/what is the problem?

derfel

sebastianK:
I tried it too, and it works form me (FXCM broker)

sebastianK,

thanks for your test. Did you also compile it? I mean, just let it compile, without any code change?

thanks

derfel

derfel:
mladen, my strange finding :

1. did set max bars in history + chart = 5000

2. compiled the indicator with different brokers Meta-editors: compiling runs fine, no errors. All journals say: "custom indicator loaded successfully". But the indicator doesn't show up on chart. There comes just an empty subwindow.

I only can see the indi on chart if I use it in its "original shape", as I downloaded it, but as soon as I let it been compiled by a Meta-editor

(even with no code change, just compile it as it is) it refuses to show up. A restart makes no change.

tried 3 different brokers, all of them use ver 4.00 Build 890

where/what is the problem?

derfel

derfel

Will test it now with build 890 and will let you know about the results

derfel

You are right. It does not work with build 890

But, the good news is that it is not the problem of build 890, but a problem of some coding errors in how arrays are treated (for example declaring a fixed size array and then coping data of unknown size - size that can exceed that fixed size multiple and multiple times). Here is the first result for tf 60 (PERIOD_H1) in build 890 :

Still not posting the source since there is still a problem in one case (when the chart time frame exceeds required time frame), but as soon as I solve that issue too, it will be posted here

People are going to have problems with new builds. New builds are working with array the C/C++ way (including all the good or bad that it means). If the rules of working with arrays are not honored to the last letter, problems like the problems with that indicator will show and cause big problems to their authors

Files:
tdi.gif  93 kb

derfel

Try it our now : tdi-mtf-zz_band_1.mq4

PS: had to disallow showing lower time frames in a higher time frame chart (anyway, that is meaningless to show due to loss of too much significant data)

Files:
Reason: