Elite indicators :) - page 691

All right whose bright idea was it use CHAR in all the indicators ,

You guys have been busy!

traderduke:
All right whose bright idea was it use CHAR in all the indicators , You guys have been busy!

If it was "CHAR" it wouldn't cause problems

It was bloody perfectly legal then and it was simply kept like that

Who would have thought that they will one day decide to change the rules

Bah, anyway, that is the least problem now. Try to sort out some if blocks now and you will see what do I mean. Or some thing that do not report any error at all and they kill you. Or try to use "strict" and then get ready to rewrite the whole thing and even then terminal will crash without any error message in some cases

To make it all "strict" compatible will take years, and even then it will work in one build and it will stop working in another. I know that from metatrader 5 : half of their code in a mql5 code base does not work OK any more due to such "genius" compiler and coding language changes

Ml & MT

I use renko charts my questions;

1. is there any way to load a renko chart with an indicator that is calculating a different Renko chart?? I am of course trying to trade on one Rchart and use the other Rchart as you would use an H1 with a D1.

Mladen you have been visiting some Renko sites and thank for all the chart building indicators. My other question;

2. Kiads has created a "flip Renko chart builder indicator, it smooooths out the renko candles but also flips the chart so that a 8pip chart flips to a 16 pip change or loss.

3. Yes I have been drinking, The Henderson indicator, I'm trying also to get an early out so repainting isn't a problem but can it be stalled or delayed for 1 or 2 candles- crazy probably!!!

I'm just woundering if there is any way to smooth or average back the renko calculations like it appears in his flip.

Thanks I don't want you guys to get in a rut changing char to tchar . Put your thinking caps on & could you make the averaging an input

Ray

traderduke:
Ml & MT

I use renko charts my questions;

1. is there any way to load a renko chart with an indicator that is calculating a different Renko chart?? I am of course trying to trade on one Rchart and use the other Rchart as you would use an H1 with a D1.

Mladen you have been visiting some Renko sites and thank for all the chart building indicators. My other question;

2. Kiads has created a "flip Renko chart builder indicator, it smooooths out the renko candles but also flips the chart so that a 8pip chart flips to a 16 pip change or loss.

3. Yes I have been drinking, The Henderson indicator, I'm trying also to get an early out so repainting isn't a problem but can it be stalled or delayed for 1 or 2 candles- crazy probably!!!

I'm just woundering if there is any way to smooth or average back the renko calculations like it appears in his flip.

Thanks I don't want you guys to get in a rut changing char to tchar . Put your thinking caps on & could you make the averaging an input

Ray

Is that the place where corridor ssa become something else (name wise)? Smoothing it is rather simple : adding extra bars (splitting 1 bar into more smaller change bars and that can even be controled by any other smoothing algo too to make arbitrary steps for breaking up the steps) and using filtered prices, but right now, as I told at one post, I am not going to work on renko

I have some ideas that will change the way how renko works compared to anything existing in the mq world (at least to anything I have seen so far) but that will be done when this mess is cleaned up to the extent that we can tell : OK, now there might be exceptions, but those will be managed easily. Till then, I think that it is just fair to all that we make this transition as effortless as we can.

PS: what is sure - the new renko will not be available in a source form. I have had it regarding some things, and not all will be available in a source form any more. Taking into consideration what can be achieved in a simple 3 line code, some of my dear friends selling stuff that I wrote are up to some surprises

mladen:
David

This is the original mq moving average : moving_averages.mq4

But you can not apply levels to any indicator built from mq4 file (custom indicator). ________________________You can do that only to built in moving averages

PS; the metatarder built in moving average (and the one from the attachment) has a rather serious bug. See this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181280/page7 or this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum for explanation

mladen,

When you say, You can do that only to built in moving averages, what exactly do you mean about how it can possibly be done ? I do understand that there are some bugs in it.

I will be using it as a way to translate to a different code

thanks a lot as always,

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

When you say, You can do that only to built in moving averages, what exactly do you mean about how it can possibly be done ? I do understand that there are some bugs in it.

I will be using it as a way to translate to a different code

thanks a lot as always,

traderdp

David

David, "levels" on moving averages are simply average +- some number of pips (points)

So it is not difficult at all to make a custom indicator having it (in any coding language - if you explain to the one that is doing that for you like that, it will be immediately clear to him what does he have to do)

mladen:
David, "levels" on moving averages are simply average +- some number of pips (points) So it is not difficult at all to make a custom indicator having it (in any coding language - if you explain to the one that is doing that for you like that, it will be immediately clear to him what does he have to do)

mladen,

I got you, now I understand what you mean.

a simple same pip # progression in both directions from 0.

thank you so much, as always.

traderdp

David

mladen,

Another question.

Since I have no coding skills at all, can you please create the standard Bollinger Band indicator using apply to Median Price HL/2 instead of apply to price close?

Thanks once again for all of your patience and attention. It is very much appreciated.

Have a very nice weekend.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Another question.

Since I have no coding skills at all, can you please create the standard Bollinger Band indicator using apply to Median Price HL/2 instead of apply to price close?

Thanks once again for all of your patience and attention. It is very much appreciated.

Have a very nice weekend.

traderdp

David

David

check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173534/page2

Maybe that is what you are looking for

mladen:
David

check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173534/page2

Maybe that is what you are looking for

mladen,

thanks so much for the quick reply,

Actually I really want and need is the standard no frills Bollinger Bands applied to Median Price (HL/2).

Can you create that one?

thanks so much for all your efforts and help always.

traderdp

David

Reason: