Hull Moving Average - page 20

tampa:
Documentation for "Logic trader" (renamed Hull moving average 2) that is being "given away for free by the author" logic_trader.pdf

So good that we are given "presents" from "authors"

They are all using karl dittmans strategy : "give away" that is downloadable from any decent site, and then sell some renamed stuff

mladen:
:):):) OK, here is the new metarader 4 (and old ones too) compatible Hull moving average (multi time frame version that allows "speed" change of the Hull average) : hull_moving_average_2_nmc.mq4

hi,

thanks for the update

but there is still some problem with it:

- metaeditor compiler does not report error/warning; thats fine, but

- the terminal freeze when it is used on a chart: in fact it loaded/unloaded endlessly

- so trying metaeditor 'debugger' it also freeze.

That is out of my skill to find how to solve that issue. Please review and test it to see if that also happen on your side.

I'm using the latest fxpro b6++

ps: that is logged "array out of range (130,26)"

dino35:
hi,

thanks for the update

but there is still some problem with it:

- metaeditor compiler does not report error/warning; thats fine, but

- the terminal freeze when it is used on a chart: in fact it loaded/unloaded endlessly

- so trying metaeditor 'debugger' it also freeze.

That is out of my skill to find how to solve that issue. Please review and test it to see if that also happen on your side.

I'm using the latest fxpro b6++

ps: that is logged "array out of range (130,26)"

Please

Please remove the #property strict form the indicator that you added (it should not be there and I did not write it in the indicator). For an indicator to be able to work using strict property, it has to be written differently

The version from that post looks like this on my terminal (in a regular and multi time frame mode - no errors or reloads as you can see) :

As of debugger : I have already wrote about that problem - debugger always works as if the code is written using strict parameter regardless if it is so or not. It is yet another bug in new metatrader 4, not a problem with the indicator (if they allowed that we do not use strict they should have also allow that debugger recognizes that - or else what is the purpose of the whole thing)

Files:
hull.gif  90 kb

Thanks for the heads up

but the headers are:

#property copyright "www.forex-tsd.com"

#property link "www.forex-tsd.com"

so 'strict' is not used

i've downloaded the indi from your post , a few ones back, so i wonder if you are using the same one with your chart above ?

dino35:
Thanks for the heads up

but the headers are:

#property copyright "www.forex-tsd.com"

#property link "www.forex-tsd.com"

so 'strict' is not used

i've downloaded the indi from your post , a few ones back, so i wonder if you are using the same one with your chart above ?

I downloaded that same indicator from that post and that is the indicator I have tested and posted the picture of a result of testing it

Error "array out of range (130,26)" can not and will not be written out if there is no #property strict in the code added. If #property strict is added only, and only then that error will be written out if the code at line 130 is not changed (along with some more changes in the code). There is no other way that it gets written out

So, yes, I used exactly the same code that I posted at that post

PS: as you know #property strict does not have to be at the begining of the code at all

PPS: I will repeat - debugger is wortless whener strict is not used and in cases when you recompiled the code while debugging (it will freeeze the terminal). Debugger as it is now, is just a toy that they pattched there in order to look like as if there is a debugger while it can not be used for any serrious debugging

The latest from Fxpro:

- metatrader 4 b646

- metaeditor 5 b934

The indi has not been tweaked (so no 'strict' header), metaeditor does not warn, but /mql4/log is showing that "array issue" and the whole terminal freeze.

So i will ask the Fxpro team for some explications: why metaeditor 5 with mq4 terminal ?

Thanks again for your help Mladen

dino35:
The latest from Fxpro:

- metatrader 4 b646

- metaeditor 5 b934

The indi has not been tweaked (so no 'strict' header), metaeditor does not warn, but /mql4/log is showing that "array issue" and the whole terminal freeze.

So i will ask the Fxpro team for some explications: why metaeditor 5 with mq4 terminal ?

Thanks again for your help Mladen

That is not a mistake : they do have the same editor now (metatarder 4 and metatrader 5)

Here is how an indicator that uses strict parameter should look like : hull_moving_average_2_strict_nmc.mq4

Ok appreciate the explanation

Will test the 'strict' indi of course; thanks for it.

But with the other one (without 'strict' as posted), could it be a variable/globalvariable issue on my terminal, which also run several charts with their indis/ea, but no one have hma & likes ?

That is what im thinking about that mysterious problem.

ps: there are 2 active globalvariables

dino35:
Ok appreciate the explanation

Will test the 'strict' indi of course; thanks for it.

But with the other one (without 'strict' as posted), could it be a variable/globalvariable issue on my terminal, which also run several charts with their indis/ea, but no one have hma & likes ?

That is what im thinking about that mysterious problem.

ps: there are 2 active globalvariables

I don't think that it is the problem

In some builds there was a problem if a code that had strict and a code that did not have strict were running on the same chart (in that case the one that did not have a strict was "forced" to work in a strict mode and then it could report problems like those) but then they solved it and I thought that it is behind us.

Maybe the problem has resurfaced again - with this new metatrader 4 we never know

Well im feeling that i need to dive into the templates used across the charts, as some templates are not my owns, maybe i will find one indi with that 'strict' header.

Appreciate your efforts so much, thanks a lot. Now my regular work is waiting for me, i've to go; see the problem at the week-end now.

Reason: