Elite indicators :) - page 573

mladen,

I have been using the AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.05 in so many ways with very good success and now I have a new request. For the purposes of saving on cpu could you make a 3 multiple time frame in one version of this indicator that shows 3 different time frames on the same indicator and does the following:

1. allows for 3 different time frames all in one indicator.

2. allows for different inputs for each of the "length" , "signal" , and "smooth" for each of the 3 time frames used.

3. this indi creates 2 lines, one going in direction of price and another usually going in the opposite direction. I am using the term "up line"to mean the line going in direction of price, and " down line" to mean the opposing line going in the other direction.

I want to create different colored dots that shows ultmate direction based on line steepness for each time frame used on a bar by bar basis. Up from 1 bar ago = a green dot if the "up line" is steeper than the other "down line" steepness. And down from 1 bar ago = a red dot if the "up line" is steeper down along with down price movement, than the other "down line" steepness going away from price movement.

If the "üp line" is the steeper of the pair, then the ultimate direction is up = green dot. If the "down line" is the steeper of the pair, then the direction is still up since down steeper means to me to more strongly go in opposite direction from the down line.

The steeper line of the pair determines the ultimate direction for that pair of lines for that time frame for that bar. This process is repeated bar by bar.

I assume that steepness can be determined by looking at amount of movement up from 1 bar ago on the "üp line" and then compariing that amount to the same for the other "down" line.

4. allows the colors representing up vs down for each time frame used to be different to distinguish the different time frames.

5. allows for showing all 3 dots per bar in a vertical column, where each dot represents a certain time frame.

I will turn off all other aspects of this indicator in this indicator window and only show these 3 dots per price bar in this indicator window, since I repeat the indi several times in different indicator windows showing different aspects of the indi ( ie., lines, arrows, divergence dots, and now this - all in different indicator windows to show it all much more clearly.

Thank you so much for creating such an absolutely fantastic indicator and for all your help to me and to all of us on this forum. I am eternally grateful for all you have so graciously given here.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

I have been using the AbsoluteStrength of Averages_mtf 2.05 in so many ways with very good success and now I have a new request. For the purposes of saving on cpu could you make a 3 multiple time frame in one version of this indicator that shows 3 different time frames on the same indicator and does the following:

2. allows for different inputs for each of the "length" , "signal" , and "smooth" for each of the 3 time frames used.

3. this indi creates 2 lines, one going in direction of price and another usually going in the opposite direction. I am using the term "up line"to mean the line going in direction of price, and " down line" to mean the opposing line going in the other direction.

I want to create different colored dots that shows ultmate direction based on line steepness for each time frame used on a bar by bar basis. Up from 1 bar ago = a green dot if the "up line" is steeper than the other "down line" steepness. And down from 1 bar ago = a red dot if the "up line" is steeper down along with down price movement, than the other "down line" steepness going away from price movement.

If the "üp line" is the steeper of the pair, then the ultimate direction is up = green dot. If the "down line" is the steeper of the pair, then the direction is still up since down steeper means to me to more strongly go in opposite direction from the down line.

The steeper line of the pair determines the ultimate direction for that pair of lines for that time frame for that bar. This process is repeated bar by bar.

I assume that steepness can be determined by looking at amount of movement up from 1 bar ago on the "üp line" and then compariing that amount to the same for the other "down" line.

4. allows the colors representing up vs down for each time frame used to be different to distinguish the different time frames.

5. allows for showing all 3 dots per bar in a vertical column, where each dot represents a certain time frame.

I will turn off all other aspects of this indicator in this indicator window and only show these 3 dots per price bar in this indicator window, since I repeat the indi several times in different indicator windows showing different aspects of the indi ( ie., lines, arrows, divergence dots, and now this - all in different indicator windows to show it all much more clearly.

Thank you so much for creating such an absolutely fantastic indicator and for all your help to me and to all of us on this forum. I am eternally grateful for all you have so graciously given here.

traderdp

David

david

I am trying to understand the idea but so far I am failing to do so. Can you explain a bit simpler?

traderdp:
mladen,

traderdp

David

mladen,

I apologize for my confusing writing style. Please let me try to simplify.

I am looking to take your terrific Absolute Strength of Averages_mtf 2.05 indicator and change it to allow 3 different time frames to all be shown from the one indicator at the same time, without having to replicate the indi 3 times in the same indicator window to otherwise do it. This helps conserve cpu usage.

I would llike the have the ability to use ä different set of inputs for "length" , "signal" , and "smooth" for each of the 3 time frames used in this one indicator.

The default setting for this indi shows a lime green color in color #2 and an orange color in color #3.

- If the lime green line is going up more steeply than the orange line is going down, then the ultimate direction is up and a lime green dot is placed for that price bar and that time frame.

- If the orange line is going down more steeply than the lime green line is going up, then the ultimate direction ( according to me) is up and a lime green dot is placed for that price bar and that time frame.

- If the orange line is going up more steeply than the lime green line is going up (less likely), then the ultimate direction (according to me) is down and a orange dot is placed for that price bar and that time frame.

- If the lime green line is going down more steeply than the orange line is going up, then the ultimate direction is down and a orange dot is placed for that price bar and that time frame.

- If the orange line is going up more steeply than the lime green line is going down, then the ultimate direction ( according to me) is down and a orange dot is placed for that price bar and that time frame.

- If the orange line is going down more steeply than the lime green line is going down (less likely), then the ultimate direction (according to me) is up and a lime green dot is placed for that price bar and that time frame.

I assume that steepness can be determined by looking at amount of pip movement up from 1 price bar ago to the current price bar on the lime green line and then compariing that amount to the same for the other orange line.

Whichever line had greater movement in that one price bar on that one time frame is the steeper of those 2 lines at that time.

I want to allow the colors representing the #2 and #3 lines for each time frame used to be different colors to distinguish the different time frames.

I want to allow for showing all 3 dots per price bar in a vertical column all in one indicator window, where each dot represents one of the 3 different time frames used in that one indicator.

I will turn off all other aspects of this indicator in this indicator window and only show these 3 dots per price bar in this indicator window, since I repeat the indi several times in different indicator windows on my template, showing different aspects of this indi ( ie., lines, arrows, divergence dots, and now this - all in different indicator windows to show it all much more clearly.

I hope this is a much clearer explanation of what I am looking for.

traderdp

David

mladen,

Please read this revised copied post not the prior one, and please focus on the 2 starred paragraphs, to simplfy even further.

I apologize for my confusing writing style. Please let me try to simplify.

I am looking to take your terrific Absolute Strength of Averages_mtf 2.05 indicator and change it to allow 3 different time frames to all be shown from the one indicator at the same time, without having to replicate the indi 3 times in the same indicator window to otherwise do it. This helps conserve cpu usage.

I would llike the have the ability to use ä different set of inputs for "length" , "signal" , and "smooth" for each of the 3 time frames used in this one indicator.

The default setting for this indi shows a lime green color in color #2 and an orange color in color #3.

The essence of what I'm trying to see is the 2 starred paragraphs below:

*If the lime green line is steeper than the orange line, regardless of which direction either is going, then the dot is determined by the lime green line. This means that if the lime green line is going up, then the dot is green and if the lime green line is going down, then the dot is orange.

* If the orange line is steeper than the lime green line, regardless of which direction either is going, then the dot is determined by the orange line, and goes in the opposite direction of the orange line direction. This means that if the orange line is going up, then the dot is orange and if the orange line is going down, then the dot is lime green.

I assume that steepness can be determined by looking at amount of pip movement up from 1 price bar ago to the current price bar on the lime green line and then compariing that amount to the same for the other orange line.

Whichever line had greater movement in that one price bar on that one time frame is the steeper of those 2 lines at that time.

I want to allow the colors representing the #2 and #3 lines for each time frame used to be different colors to distinguish the different time frames.

I want to allow for showing all 3 dots per price bar in a vertical column all in one indicator window, where each dot represents one of the 3 different time frames used in that one indicator.

I will turn off all other aspects of this indicator in this indicator window and only show these 3 dots per price bar in this indicator window, since I repeat the indi several times in different indicator windows on my template, showing different aspects of this indi ( ie., lines, arrows, divergence dots, and now this - all in different indicator windows to show it all much more clearly.

I hope this is a much clearer explanation of what I am looking for.

traderdp

David

Averages rsi

This is a kind of synthetic rsi.

In normal RSI calculation on 2 occasions SMMA (smoothed moving average) is used in order to calculate rsi. This one adds 17 other possible ways instead of using just SMMA and that way we get 18 kinds of rsi (it is not a smoothed rs, but the rsi that uses different smoothed method than the original in it's calculation). Some averages are adding to speed and some are adding to smoothness. Here is an example of an rsi calculated using TMA :

PS: to get the original rsi, set the MaMethod to SMMA (5).

PPS - possible averages types are the following :
0 = SMA

1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Smoothed MA

6 = Linear weighted MA

7 = Parabolic weighted MA

8 = Alexander MA

9 = Volume weighted MA

10 = Hull MA

11 = Triangular MA

12 = Sine weighted MA

13 = Linear regression

14 = IE/2

15 = NonLag MA

16 = Zero lag EMA

17 = Leader EMA

Files:

mladen,

I hope my last reply on post #5944 earlier today, made my request clearer and more understandable.

thank you so much for all your help to me and to all of us on the forum.

traderdp

David

mladen,

I realize I was asking for an awful lot in my recent request. If it is not possible to allow 3 different time frames to all be shown from the one indicator at the same time, I certainly understand. Is it then possible to take the Absolute Strength of Averages_mtf 2.05 indicator as it is and add the dot as I reqeusted in post #5944 earlier??

I will then simply repeat the indi 3 times for the 3 diff time frames and put up fewer bars on my metratrader to compensate and keep cpu lower.

Thank you so much for all your efforts

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

I realize I was asking for an awful lot in my recent request. If it is not possible to allow 3 different time frames to all be shown from the one indicator at the same time, I certainly understand. Is it then possible to take the Absolute Strength of Averages_mtf 2.05 indicator as it is and add the dot as I reqeusted in post #5944 earlier??

I will then simply repeat the indi 3 times for the 3 diff time frames and put up fewer bars on my metratrader to compensate and keep cpu lower.

Thank you so much for all your efforts

traderdp

David

David

If we want to keep all the data, we can not make 3 time frames in one (simply there is no enough drawing buffers. Also, that is a problem with adding one more dot (that would be another buffer - there is already 8 drawing buffers used and that is a maximum that metatrader 4 allows, there is simply no room to draw it in any normal way that would then include normal usage the way you are planing to do that (3 indicators in the same window)).

PS: it is not slowing down the CPU 99.99% of time (almost all the time it calculates only 2 bars on a new tick which is not a lot at all). Only if you frequently change time frames or symbols and you use a lot of bars on chart you will get a CPU bottle neck

mladen:
David

If we want to keep all the data, we can not make 3 time frames in one (simply there is no enough drawing buffers. Also, that is a problem with adding one more dot (that would be another buffer - there is already 8 drawing buffers used and that is a maximum that metatrader 4 allows, there is simply no room to draw it in any normal way that would then include normal usage the way you are planing to do that (3 indicators in the same window)).

PS: it is not slowing down the CPU 99.99% of time (almost all the time it calculates only 2 bars on a new tick which is not a lot at all). Only if you frequently change time frames or symbols and you use a lot of bars on chart you will get a CPU bottle neck

mladen,

thanks so much for getting back to me. Then can we take an earlier version of that indi that does not have the old dot and then add this new dot as I requested in my recent post #5944, and then I will simply repeat the indi 3 times in diff indicator windows ?? That would be really great if possible.

Do you want me to repost latest info from post #5944 to simplify things??

The default setting for this indi shows a lime green color in color #0 and an orange color in color #1 for the older version of this indi.

*If the lime green line is steeper than the red line, regardless of which direction either is going, then the dot is determined by the lime green line. This means that if the lime green line is going up, then the dot is green and if the lime green line is going down, then the dot is red.

* If the red line is steeper than the lime green line, regardless of which direction either is going, then the dot is determined by the red line, and goes in the opposite direction of the red line direction. This means that if the red line is going up, then the dot is red and if the red line is going down, then the dot is lime green.

I assume that steepness can be determined by looking at amount of pip movement up from 1 price bar ago to the current price bar on the lime green line and then compariing that amount to the same for the other red line.

I really appreciate all your efforts to help.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

thanks so much for getting back to me. Then can we take an earlier version of that indi that does not have the old dot and then add this new dot as I requested in my recent post #5944, and then I will simply repeat the indi 3 times in diff indicator windows ?? That would be really great if possible.

Do you want me to repost latest info from post #5944 to simplify things??

The default setting for this indi shows a lime green color in color #0 and an orange color in color #1 for the older version of this indi.

*If the lime green line is steeper than the red line, regardless of which direction either is going, then the dot is determined by the lime green line. This means that if the lime green line is going up, then the dot is green and if the lime green line is going down, then the dot is red.

* If the red line is steeper than the lime green line, regardless of which direction either is going, then the dot is determined by the red line, and goes in the opposite direction of the red line direction. This means that if the red line is going up, then the dot is red and if the red line is going down, then the dot is lime green.

I assume that steepness can be determined by looking at amount of pip movement up from 1 price bar ago to the current price bar on the lime green line and then compariing that amount to the same for the other red line.

I really appreciate all your efforts to help.

traderdp

David

David, this one is working as you described it. Try it out

Reason: