Elite indicators :) - page 549

Hi,

Can someone help with the following two indicators?

1. Convert both indicators to MTF

2. Checking if the maP coding under inputs of StepmaNina is correct. I've changed the values from 50 to other values but the indicator does not seem to change its calculation.

Please help, thanks!

stepmastochnina2.mq4supertrendxcandles.mq4

rayphua:
Hi,

Can someone help with the following two indicators?

1. Convert both indicators to MTF

2. Checking if the maP coding under inputs of StepmaNina is correct. I've changed the values from 50 to other values but the indicator does not seem to change its calculation.

Please help, thanks!

stepmastochnina2.mq4supertrendxcandles.mq4

Hi Rayphua,

About the Step Ma Stoch Nina, Mladen fixed the different problems associated with the step ma stoch, and in my opinion its way better now, so using his version added the mtf. I added the averages atr to give it a bit more flexability in your atr settings(it uses 18 different moving average possibilities for the atr).

The SupertrendX you now can choose between lines or bars or both, its mtf with alerts.

mrtools:
Hi Rayphua,

About the Step Ma Stoch Nina, Mladen fixed the different problems associated with the step ma stoch, and in my opinion its way better now, so using his version added the mtf. I added the averages atr to give it a bit more flexability in your atr settings(it uses 18 different moving average possibilities for the atr).

The SupertrendX you now can choose between lines or bars or both, its mtf with alerts.

Mr. Tools, thank you so much. I've added them and they look great.

Two questions, the StepStoch version fixed by Mladen, that does not have the moving average filter that was on the one I attached earlier. I'm not sure if you tested it with the filter; did you find having it useful?

Next, the candles mtf version you created; that does not show the wicks when using bars, would it be possible to show them?

rayphua:
Mr. Tools, thank you so much. I've added them and they look great.

Two questions, the StepStoch version fixed by Mladen, that does not have the moving average filter that was on the one I attached earlier. I'm not sure if you tested it with the filter; did you find having it useful?

Next, the candles mtf version you created; that does not show the wicks when using bars, would it be possible to show them?

Rayphua,

The Ma in the Nina version was used in a similar way as the atr of averages is used in the new version.

And yes can add the wicks but will have to remove the lines, if that's ok, and no one else gets to it will do a version later today, its past my bed time now

mrtools:
Rayphua,

The Ma in the Nina version was used in a similar way as the atr of averages is used in the new version.

And yes can add the wicks but will have to remove the lines, if that's ok, and no one else gets to it will do a version later today, its past my bed time now

Thank you very much Mr Tools. I'm ok with removing the lines, looking forward to it!

mrtools:
Rayphua this would be the candle version on the picture is H4 supertrendx candles on hourly chart, it has alerts that should go off on candle color change. ps) found a problem with how the alerts were called on the regular time frame on the version preceding this one so posting the fixed version here also.

Mr. Tools, thank you so very much! Will test it out. By the way, what pivot indicator is that you're using on your chart?

ATR values

Mladen, MrTools and all other coders,

I notice with growing trepidation that the ATR values are "all over the place" from 10 through to 60 (!). Could someone please tell me why there is no standard here as I was lead to believe that 14 is the accepted "norm"?

Thanking you for enlightening me on this subject.

Best regards,

ValeoFX

There is no standard of average true range calculation length. If you want a smoother value or a smoother channel using atr then use longer lengths. On the other hand, if you want it to show more recent ranges then use shorter calculation periods. I myself, prefer longer periods since I look at sudden changes in atr more like a deviation than a rule and I think that atr is quite useful on a daily chart where it can show you roughly what can you expect as a minimal and maximal price for the next day (by simply using a close of the day +- daily average true range)

ValeoFX:
Mladen, MrTools and all other coders,

I notice with growing trepidation that the ATR values are "all over the place" from 10 through to 60 (!). Could someone please tell me why there is no standard here as I was lead to believe that 14 is the accepted "norm"?

Thanking you for enlightening me on this subject.

Best regards,

Thank you Mladen

mladen:
ValeoFX There is no standard of average true range calculation length. If you want a smoother value or a smoother channel using atr then use longer lengths. On the other hand, if you want it to show more recent ranges then use shorter calculation periods. I myself, prefer longer periods since I look at sudden changes in atr more like a deviation than a rule and I think that atr is quite useful on a daily chart where it can show you roughly what can you expect as a minimal and maximal price for the next day (by simply using a close of the day +- daily average true range)

===========

Thank you Mladen. That is what I was hoping to hear and at the same time I have just learned something else from you. Much appreciated.

This is what I have from Investopedia on the ATR, hence my first "concern"

Definition of 'Average True Range - ATR'

A measure of volatility introduced by Welles Wilder in his book: New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems.

The true range indicator is the greatest of the following:

-current high less the current low.

-the absolute value of the current high less the previous close.

-the absolute value of the current low less the previous close.

The average true range is a moving average (generally 14-days) of the true ranges.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Email

Dear Mladen,

I am in the elite forum for only 3 months now and i hope i am not infringing any forum rule here.

Is the email you are using daily mladenfx@gmail.com ?

I would like to make a private enquiry about a coding issue. Thank you very much!

Reason: