Elite indicators :) - page 429

MrTools, great, many thanks to you for your work and the very fast response on the weekend

nodp53:
Mladen is it possible to make Adaptive atr channel MTF ? And maybe ready for symbol and alerts on touch bandu/bandd ?

Simba what version of Tick Data Indi are you using?

THX a lot

Nod

Tick data v.1.03. and GenerateTickData_final...I mainly use the first one.Looks like it is giving good signals with Market statistics,problem is that I (can´t/don´t know how to) use them to generate history.

I thank Mladen for his advice and Mr Tools for his modified indicator,but we are far from replicating J-Charts.

Simba

They are meant to record ticks. They can not generate history due to lack of data (if we had tick history that would be beautiful, but since we don't, we are forced to fill in the gaps). So they should sit in any chart you chose (you can place as much tick data indicators on a same chart for different number of ticks as your pc can stand) and they are going to write a metatrader hst file that can be opened as any offline chart. They are simply filling in the gap of lacking tick data in metatrader (I prefer tick data for simple reason that it solved some problems not solved in similar kind of indicators or scripts, and is lighter on your pc than similar stuff)

I am not that familiar with J-Charts but frm what I see they are specialized in it and I can only quess the amount of knowledge they built in it, so ... I must agree with you on that

SIMBA:
Tick data v.1.03. and GenerateTickData_final...I mainly use the first one.Looks like it is giving good signals with Market statistics,problem is that I (can´t/don´t know how to) use them to generate history. I thank Mladen for his advice and Mr Tools for his modified indicator,but we are far from replicating J-Charts.

mladen:
Simba

They are meant to record ticks. They can not generate history due to lack of data (if we had tick history that would be beautiful, but since we don't, we are forced to fill in the gaps). So they should sit in any chart you chose (you can place as much tick data indicators on a same chart for different number of ticks as your pc can stand) and they are going to write a metatrader hst file that can be opened as any offline chart. They are simply filling in the gap of lacking tick data in metatrader (I prefer tick data for simple reason that it solved some problems not solved in similar kind of indicators or scripts, and is lighter on your pc than similar stuff)

I am not that familiar with J-Charts but frm what I see they are specialized in it and I can only quess the amount of knowledge they built in it, so ... I must agree with you on that

Question....When we use the strategy tester,one of the options is "every tick" and if you visually check it,you can see that some bars have lots of ticks ,others have less ticks,so,it looks like some tick history is saved.I am aware of its limitations but is there a way to apply Tick Data v1.0.3 in test mode on the tester in order to generate a tick data chart from past M1 tester history?

S

Nagh ... no history

They call it a "genetic algorithm" - it is generating pseudorandom number of ticks per bar within open-high-low-close constrains. And even that random generation can fail (I posted one picture when used tick data to record what backtesting does and it looked rather funny how the backtesting algorithm generated ticks)

SIMBA:
Question....When we use the strategy tester,one of the options is "every tick" and if you visually check it,you can see that some bars have lots of ticks ,others have less ticks,so,it looks like some tick history is saved.I am aware of its limitations but is there a way to apply Tick Data v1.0.3 in test mode on the tester in order to generate a tick data chart from past M1 tester history? S

mladen:
Nagh ... no history They call it a "genetic algorithm" - it is generating pseudorandom number of ticks per bar within open-high-low-close constrains. And even that random generation can fail (I posted one picture when used tick data to record what backtesting does and it looked rather funny how the backtesting algorithm generated ticks)

Pity,I was happily generating a 5 ticks bar using the test mode on the tester

Additionally,I believe that the J-Chart method of using 5 ticks as its base may work for centralized exchanges,but it doesn´t make much theoretical sense for Forex.

If you generate a 5 ticks chart on Dukas or FXCM you will get a very different result than if you generate it at another broker with less activity.Of course the practical solution is using the more active broker.

I will check with Tradestation or Ninja Trader.

In any case,Thanks for the information

S

Divergence addition to...

Good morning Mladen,

Trust you had an enjoyable weekend.

Please could you transfer this indicator (#DTosc & arrows ) as it is here, into one that shows divergences plse?

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards.

ValeoFX

Here you go

ValeoFX:
Good morning Mladen,

Trust you had an enjoyable weekend.

Please could you transfer this indicator (#DTosc & arrows ) as it is here, into one that shows divergences plse?

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards.

Inverse Fisher Transformation on Spearman Oscillator

mladen:
In the February issue of TASC they are dealing with and using Spearman rank correlation (here : The Spearman Indicator For Technical Analysis - Dan Valcu, CFTe and here : TRADERS’ TIPS - February 2011 )

We already have it in this thread (at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) but they are using it a bit different : their version ranges between 100 and -100 and has one additional "aid" - an average of the Spearman rank correlation that is used as a signal line (cross of the rank with a signal line).

So this one is adapted to be as the one from TASC (as in the original post, this one is using spearman.dll too, so if you do not have it already, unpack the dll from the zip file to the libraries folder in order to allow correct working of the indicator) with our original extras left in it (mtf, alerts, ... )

Hi mladen, could you implement an Inverse Fisher Transformation indi based on your Spearman indicator ? This would provide probably much clearer entry signals.

Inverse Fisher transform of Spearman rank ...

Boxter,

Here you go

Two additional parameters added. UseInverseFisherTransformdoes simply that : switches the inverse fisher transform on and of. Second, the TranformMultiplieris a bit more complicated to explain. Spearman rank correlation naturally falls into a -1 and -1 range. But in that range inverse fisher transform performs poorly (you can try it out : set the multiplier to 1 and you will see how inverse fisher transform performs on "natural" values of Spearman rank) . Hence we need some modifier to bring the values into a range where it will be favorable to us. That is the multiplier doing. I used a default value of 2.5 but you can test some other values - depends what are you exactly looking for : with higher multiplier values you can turn it to a kind of a "binary" indicator.

Here is a comparison of the transformed rank with multiplier set to 2.5 (upper) and the "raw" rank (lower)

PS: spearman.dll from the zip file is required by the indicator in order to work properly

Boxter:
Hi mladen, could you implement an Inverse Fisher Transformation indi based on your Spearman indicator ? This would provide probably much clearer entry signals.
Reason: