Elite indicators :) - page 369

priceless...

Hi Mladen,

thank you so much, words are not enough to express my gratitude to you! I still have to bother you; could you please add the option to skip Sunday data (true or false in external input)?

I did a slight modification in the logic, 'cause otherwise we get to many signals and most of them are wrong; now is working as suppose to.

If you guys wanna try this indi (only on daily time frame, not lower), keep in mind that these signals need to be filtered in same way; I'm backtesting with the support of other indicators (the Sibbet's Demand index seems a good filter but is not the holy grail!!) also simple SMAs might act as a filter...

The main filter is anyway the CMI itself; if you open a trade based on his signals keep in mind that if the CMI goes below 50 (for trend trades) or above 50 (for range trades) you should close the trade.

Very important; this indicator IS NO DIRECTIONAL! If it goes up, doesn't means BUY conditions, it means that we are going to have a trending environment (could be bullish or bearish), conversely if it goes down, means that we are going to have a range environment or choppy if you prefer...

If anybody wanna share ideas or comment about this, just drop me a line.

Best Regards

mladen:
brax64

Nice work Here is the changed one (with arrows and alerts as you described them) Mode some changes in the code in order to make multiple CMI histo attaching to a same chart possible (just set the UniqueID to different value for every new instance)

regards

Mladen

pgo tm smoothed

Where I come from there is a tale that is known as a "Kings new clothes". This might remind to that ...

The basis for this indicator is the old, old "Pretty good oscillator", which is probably neglected for one simple reason - it is not as as smooth as some other indicators and in the "signaling zone" (zero line) it tends to give a lot of signal. Here is an example of it without any smoothing at all :

Thought what smoothing could be applied to it in order to make it more usable, and since I like the Tim Morris smoothing ways for its quick response on turning points (as I stated and I still think the same : there is a very few smoothing ways that are so responsive at the points of sudden changes) so I decided to give it a try and this is the comparison of the non-smoothed (upper) and Tim Morris smoothed (lower) modes :

I think that it justifies a hope that this way it is in fact improved (at lest that mandatory 0.5% improvement ) and that it is more usable this way. Another example (on a 15 minute chart) that is showing that the pgo itself is maybe undeservedly neglected

Files:
pgo_1.gif  28 kb
pgo_2.gif  27 kb
pgo_3.gif  22 kb

Need a favour plse

Good morning Mladen,

I need a favour plse. Could you possibly look at your "Pivots-Weekly-Fibo-From Close - alerts&levels" (attached for your convenience) one more time. It still does not refresh in real-time even on hourly charts and while you are "at it", could you possibly get it to show up on M1-charts too?

Thanking you in advance.

ValeoFX

I do not find anything extraordinary in the indicator. It works as it should. Updates are OK and are made when a new target time frame bar is formed and since pivots are calculated from past period data, the levels are fixed till the new bar happens. Tested it right now with 5 minute pivots on 1 minute charts and it works as it should and since the indicator does not make a difference among time frames (does not calculate differently any specific time frame except the daily if a time shift is specified) then all the time frames work the same and they work OK

As far as weekly pivots on 1 minute charts are concerned : you have to have at least 2 week of 1 minute data on chart in order to have weekly data displayed. It means you have to have at least 5*24*60 = 7200 + current week minutes bars. In metatrader it means that you have to set at least 20000 bars in order to have weekly pivots calculated on 1 minute chart. Here is an example of weekly pivots on 1 minute chart with max bars in options set to 20000

Files:
weekly_m1.gif  19 kb

Thanking you sincerely

mladen:
ValeoFX

I do not find anything extraordinary in the indicator. It works as it should. Updates are OK and are made when a new target time frame bar is formed and since pivots are calculated from past period data, the levels are fixed till the new bar happens. Tested it right now with 5 minute pivots on 1 minute charts and it works as it should and since the indicator does not make a difference among time frames (does not calculate differently any specific time frame except the daily if a time shift is specified) then all the time frames work the same and they work OK

As far as weekly pivots on 1 minute charts are concerned : you have to have at least 2 week of 1 minute data on chart in order to have weekly data displayed. It means you have to have at least 5*24*60 = 7200 + current week minutes bars. In metatrader it means that you have to set at least 20000 bars in order to have weekly pivots calculated on 1 minute chart. Here is an example of weekly pivots on 1 minute chart with max bars in options set to 20000

====================================

Thanking you most sincerely, Mladen.

Much appreciate your explanation. I do not have my MT4 set to such lengths and will do so in order to see these levels on M1.

Best wishes.

Pivots-Weekly 2

Mladen, I do not want to belabour this point, but here is an example on M5 of what I am referring to.

Best regards.

ValeoFX

In that source there is a line that goes like this :

if (timeFrame==PERIOD_W1) while(TimeDayOfWeek(Time[drawLimit])==5) drawLimit--;

I do not know how it got to that source (as far as I see it has been changed by others than me, since I would never ever use a "OldDogWeekly" for PivotIdentifier parameter, for example) and what was the intention of that code, but what it actually does is that it skips drawing pivots for current bars on Fridaysif the pivot target time frame is weekly.

That change in the code raises some issues in my head regarding changing already changed indicators (at a moment I am inclined to think that I will not change posted indicators like those but will use the original since I can not check every change someone made in the code that originally was mine), but that is yet another issue that I will have to sort out in my mind

Attaching the one that does not have that issue. As I said already but to remind again : that issue existed only when the chosen time frame was weekly.

ValeoFX:
Mladen, I do not want to belabour this point, but here is an example on M5 of what I am referring to. Best regards.

Thanks Mladen..

mladen:
ValeoFX

In that source there is a line that goes like this :

if (timeFrame==PERIOD_W1) while(TimeDayOfWeek(Time[drawLimit])==5) drawLimit--;

I do not know how it got to that source (as far as I see it has been changed by others than me, since I would never ever use a "OldDogWeekly" for PivotIdentifier parameter, for example) and what was the intention of that code, but what it actually does is that it skips drawing pivots for current bars on Fridaysif the pivot target time frame is weekly.

That change in the code raises some issues in my head regarding changing already changed indicators (at a moment I am inclined to think that I will not change posted indicators like those but will use the original since I can not check every change someone made in the code that originally was mine), but that is yet another issue that I will have to sort out in my mind

Attaching the one that does not have that issue. As I said already but to remind again : that issue existed only when the chosen time frame was weekly.

===========

Many thanks Mladen. Now you understand why I FIRST come to you as I have come to trust your work implicitly and when you tell me something is right, I believe it until proven otherwise on the charts.

I concur with your idea of not "fixing" someone else's work if you have a better one in place.

Wishing you a most enjoyable weekend.

Best regards.

Files:
Reason: