Mladen,

You are fast as always

Thank you very much for your help

Sincerely.

Rudi

mladen:
Rudi

Here you go

One word about alerts : whenever the price retraces within channel (high is lower than the upper band and low is higher than the lower band of the channel) it resets it self. That means that it will alert on every first channel break out regardless of direction : it can give alert for up now, and after nn bars, if the price retraced in the channel, it can give an alert for up again

Mtf already, so happy use of it
regards Mladen

newdigital:
Hi Mladen,

This Trend Scalp indicator is really great.

I traded it for one and half hour with good results. This indicator is making such as "newbie dream" - finding top and bottom.

So, it is what I used - GBPJPY M1 timeframe.

Results: +97 pips or 120 dollars by 0.1 fixed lot size just for 1 and half hour (statement in pips is attached). And it is in dollars:

Metatrader statement attached too:

I want to say that GBPJPY especially for M1 timeframe - it is most difficult case for scalping. But indicator did this job.

If someone need the template file (with indicators I used) - let me know and I will post it (tomorrow). But one of the main indicastor here is Trend Scalp.

Great stuff ND, yes I'm interested in the template pls.

mladen:
altoronto

Since I posted this https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page148#comment_545444 a couple of days ago, it made it all easy

Trend scalp indicator is in fact a variation of TTF indicator (originally both were made by Nick Bilack) and since the T3 repainting that would have happen if un-commented in the original trend scalp indicator, is solved in it, here is a variation of TTF that does the calculation the "trend scalp" way and has alerts - so it is now officially a trend scalp indicator

First here is a comparison of TTF (lower) and trend scalp (upper)
And also a comparison of the original with this new one with smoothing already applied - it seems that smoothing helped in some cases when false signals were avoided, and the added lag is minimal (especially when we have in mind that this T3 can have fractional smoothing periods - which makes it rather unique in the world of T3 as far as I know, so it can be fine tuned for needs of everybody)
PS: as usual, if you set the smoothing period (t3Period) to <= 1, there will be no smoothing, and in that case you will get the raw trend scalp values

regards

Mladen

Thank you Mladen, as I said before you are gentleman and scholar

ND, how do you use trendscalp indicator, can you explain your roules?

In Trend Scalp - I understand red dots as bottom and blue dot as top. And TDI indicator (I changed the color in template from original default to opposite one) so - red line is downtrend and blue line is uptrend. When red line and blue line are going up all together and above zero so it is choppy uptrend (choppy uptrend is uptrend when downtrend is going on the same time with above zero general uptrend). When red line is going up (downtrend line is active and downtrend is going on) and blue line is going down (uptrend is not verified and it is just a correction) so it is downtrend. Opposite for buy. It is same logic for TDI as for with AbsoluteStrength indicator.

Please note that this rules may work for small timeframes only.

Because for M15 and higher timeframes - Trend Scalp indicator and TDI indicator are having different (original) logic.

By the way - I made those trades yesterday on choppy uptrend: 2 lines of TDI indicator were above zero moved in parallel way. That is why I opened buy.

Empori

Made this one first

You will see that it is a new one. The idea is the idea that is used in the "middle one" you posted, but is changed and made work as it should. The problems is that that one was giving completely false information in the past (current bar was OK) when it was using smaller time frames. The problem is that there is no reliable way of showing lower time frames on a higher time frame chart : either you can show only the first bar that belongs to higher time frame or you show everything and then you have a complete mess regarding past bars display (time do not align at all and there is no way you can see what actually was happening at those times) In this one, if you want to see, for example, 5 minute data, you have to be on a 5 or 1 minute chart. You can not see 5 minute past data correctly on a 15 minute chart and that is why this indicator is preventing it

The name is changed since it is in fact 4 CCIs calculated for different time frames and different CCI periods. Option to choose price is added to (default is typical price now, unlike the open as it was used before, since by definition CCI exists only for typical price, but left the possibility to use any price you wish)

Alerts are going to be triggered when 4 bars of the current time frame align : it does not care of the target CCI time frames. All it waits for is that current (if alertsOnCurrent is set to true) or previous (if alertsOnCurrent is set to false) bars 4 values are showing the same direction.
Also, different time frames are treated properly : it does not assume that nn bars are changed. The best way you can check that is to place it on a symbol that was not checked for a long time and watch what will this one do in that case and what will a "classical mtf" do. Along with "historically valid" display (those really were those values at past) I think that no obvious problem is left now

regards

Mladen

Empori:
Hi all, hi Mladen,

Now I'am under testing below attached indicators downloaded from this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178865

I need alarm when in the same column all red or blue dots are the same color.That mean alarm be acticated when 4 red or blue dots appear together.

This should comfortable indeed.I don't know this indicators repaintng or not but seems are stabile after closing the previous bar.

Thank you.
Files:

Reduction of Alerts in Multi LSMA

Hi Mladen,

In Multi LSMA, currently arrows are displayed every time it reaches to +5 and -5 level. In smaller time frames number of alerts is too many.

So could you please make a little modification to it? Can we have a system by which it will display arrow in alternative way. i.e. once it displays arrow for +5 level, next arrow will be displayed only when it reaches -5 level and again only when it reaches to +5 level. This will surely help to reduce number of alerts.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Jho

Files:

mladen:
Empori

Made this one first

You will see that it is a new one. The idea is the idea that is used in the "middle one" you posted, but is changed and made work as it should. The problems is that that one was giving completely false information in the past (current bar was OK) when it was using smaller time frames. The problem is that there is no reliable way of showing lower time frames on a higher time frame chart : either you can show only the first bar that belongs to higher time frame or you show everything and then you have a complete mess regarding past bars display (time do not align at all and there is no way you can see what actually was happening at those times) In this one, if you want to see, for example, 5 minute data, you have to be on a 5 or 1 minute chart. You can not see 5 minute past data correctly on a 15 minute chart and that is why this indicator is preventing it

The name is changed since it is in fact 4 CCIs calculated for different time frames and different CCI periods. Option to choose price is added to (default is typical price now, unlike the open as it was used before, since by definition CCI exists only for typical price, but left the possibility to use any price you wish)

Alerts are going to be triggered when 4 bars of the current time frame align : it does not care of the target CCI time frames. All it waits for is that current (if alertsOnCurrent is set to true) or previous (if alertsOnCurrent is set to false) bars 4 values are showing the same direction.
Also, different time frames are treated properly : it does not assume that nn bars are changed. The best way you can check that is to place it on a symbol that was not checked for a long time and watch what will this one do in that case and what will a "classical mtf" do. Along with "historically valid" display (those really were those values at past) I think that no obvious problem is left now

regards

Mladen

Exclusive thank you Mladen.For time being (several hours testing on 1 and 5 m) no changes after current bar closing.Need one or two days more to observe carefully.

Have a nice weekend.

Empori

You can not back test that indicator. It is a multi time frame, and metatrader, when multi time frame is tested uses real (already closed) data and then it seems like a miracle in the back test.

When multi time frame is concerned (regardless if it is an indicator, script or an EA) and when current bar states are important (current bar of any "other" time frame than the time frame that is tested), only forward test can give you a clear view of how it will perform. In real time, unlike the back test performed by metatrader, you are going to have changes in higher time frame data and then all the bars belonging to the target bar must be updated (changed)

regards

Mladen

Empori:
Exclusive thank you Mladen.For time being (several hours testing on 1 and 5 m) no changes after current bar closing.Need one or two days more to observe carefully. Have a nice weekend.

mladen:
Empori

You can not back test that indicator. It is a multi time frame, and metatrader, when multi time frame is tested uses real (already closed) data and then it seems like a miracle in the back test.

When multi time frame is concerned (regardless if it is an indicator, script or an EA) and when current bar states are important (current bar of any "other" time frame than the time frame that is tested), only forward test can give you a clear view of how it will perform. In real time, unlike the back test performed by metatrader, you are going to have changes in higher time frame data and then all the bars belonging to the target bar must be updated (changed)

regards

Mladen

It will take days to understand where to change the time frame data because of mtf nature.Thank you for additional clarification.Appreciate it.

Regards

Reason: