Elite indicators :) - page 326

mladen:
hazelj80

The way it is written now (with t3 smoothing commented out) it does not repaint. If you try to bring t3 smoothing bac then it would repaint again the way t3 smoothing is written

So, since in this version it does not repaint, here is a version with alerts too

regards

Mladen

just to make sure, we are both talking about tthe red sginal rline, correct?

hazelj80

The red signal line is quite simple : it is set to 100 if the basic indicator value (the green line) is >= 0 and it is set to -100 when the indicator value is < 0. It is not calculated but simply set to constant values. So none of the 2 values of the indicator are not repainting

regards

Mladen

hazelj80:
just to make sure, we are both talking about tthe red sginal rline, correct?

semi auto Trend lines

Mladen,

I've been working on TradeStation with the semi auto trend lines,

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=88600&SearchTerm=&txtExactMatch=profit target

See my MT4 Chart. Can we get something like the TS or am I dreaming??

Thanks for all your help! Have a great weekend!!

Ray

normalized RSI

Dear Mladen,

This indicator seems good.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/85/normalized_rsi.mq4

Can You make multicolor version with alarm on cross: levelup and leveldown level?

Thanks

bbjurek

mladen:
"Normalizing the normalized ... "

Some indicators are working equal for all calculation lengths some are not. One example that is not is RSI. Even though it is taken for granted that it oscillates in 0-100 range (so it is normalized already) and regardless of it's obvious usefulness, every serious study stresses not to use lengths > 10 for RSI. The "RSI problem" is simple : the longer the calculating period, the flatter the RSI becomes. Here is an example of a 50 period RSI :
As it is obvious, it is hardly usable for anything in the original for for such a long calculating periods. There were quite a few attempts to change that : smoothed RSI (that partially avoids that trap, but it quickly looses the advantage over standard RSI) inverse fisher transform of RSI (which also is flattened after some time - here is a comparison of rsi 50 and inverse fisher transform of 50 rsi)
Or we can do like this (take a look at the the lower of course, but the upper ) :
It seems to be OK. Important points are preserved, it is showing "trends" without to much equivocation and seems to preserve the thing we find important in RSI. For the end, here is the comparison of the 3 for calculating length 100
So, let see ...

A pleasant weekend to all

An intelligent work Mladen , thank you have a nice weekend.

"Normalizing the normalized ... "

Some indicators are working equal for all calculation lengths some are not. One example that is not is RSI. Even though it is taken for granted that it oscillates in 0-100 range (so it is normalized already) and regardless of it's obvious usefulness, every serious study stresses not to use lengths > 10 for RSI. The "RSI problem" is simple : the longer the calculating period, the flatter the RSI becomes. Here is an example of a 50 period RSI :
As it is obvious, it is hardly usable for anything in the original for such a long calculating periods. There were quite a few attempts to change that : smoothed RSI (that partially avoids that trap, but it quickly looses the advantage over standard RSI) inverse fisher transform of RSI (which also is flattened after some time - here is a comparison of rsi 50 and inverse fisher transform of 50 rsi)
Or we can do like this (take a look at the the lower of course, not the upper ) :
It seems to be OK. Important points are preserved, it is showing "trends" without to much equivocation and seems to preserve the thing we find important in RSI. For the end, here is the comparison of the 3 for calculating length 100
So, let see ...

A pleasant weekend to all

Files:
rsi_1.gif  26 kb
rsi_2.gif  25 kb
rsi_3.gif  26 kb
rsi_4.gif  25 kb

Thank You

Mladen,

particle filter

Hello everyone,

Is there an indi about particle filter? Has anybody ever dealed with it here?

Particle filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interpolate please

Mladin,

Attached is this MTF rsi indicator. where you can overlay 3 timeframes. I was wondering if you could create something identical to this indicator with 3x overlay RSI but also option for Interpolate please. Sorry I don't have Mq4 version however it's attached.

Regards

Jorgka

Files:

jorgka

Here is one that I wrote from what I saw that the indicator you attached does.

Some explanations that are needed :
there are some "special" time frames.
c+1 -> first higher time frame

c+2 -> second higher time frame

c+3 -> third higher time frame

c+4 -> fourth higher time frame

Alerts are grouped in two groups :
- alerts when all rsis are aligned over 50 (it is showing the dots on indicator when that happens - controlled with alertsOn50Alignparameter) For this one it ignores the alertsOnCurrent since it is impossible to check previous bar of 3 time frames (they will never align) so it informs on every such alignment regardless of the target time frame bar number(it will not alert endlessly though - just once for such a case) - alerts when any of the rsi values crosses the LevelUp or LevelDown (controlled with alertsOnLevelsBreakparameter) or any of the rsi values retraces from being higher or being lower of required levels (controlled with alertsOnLevelsRetraceparameter)
As of "yellow" arrows - I did not find any "separate logic" of them. They are drawn on the same time as the level 50 aligned dots, so it seems that they are obsolete.

Here is a comparison of the 2 in the "non-interpolated mode, and bellow is this one with same settings but interpolated )at it you can clearly see what does linear interpolation do too since the arrows (dots) marking 50 line cross are at right places - they are not interpolated for the sake of accuracy)

PS: did not make any of the RSI values multi color since non-repainting multi color lines would require 3 drawing buffers per value, and there are simply no enough drawing buffers for that

regards

Mladen

jorgka:
Mladin,

Attached is this MTF rsi indicator. where you can overlay 3 timeframes. I was wondering if you could create something identical to this indicator with 3x overlay RSI but also option for Interpolate please. Sorry I don't have Mq4 version however it's attached.

Regards

Jorgka
Reason: