Elite indicators :) - page 314

Hi mladen,

I'm not sure if this has been done already, did a search but didn't find it so here goes:

Can you add to the TDI indicator a Jurik smooth for the RSI...?

I like this indicator and have been using it in my manual trading for a while now.

Am eager to see what would happen if we make it smooth / zerolag.

Other ideas/approaches welcome of course..!

The TDI in the attachment is the one you (re)coded a while ago.

Most appreciated as always,

Snow

Files:

Snow

Here you go You can choose to smooth regular or to double smooth (faster) depends on your needs. With short periods of smoothing difference between regular and double are not big, But if you use longer period, double tends to be much "faster". Both smoothing ways are jurik smoothing (of course ) I any case, both smoothing ways are much, much faster then the regular built in moving averages used by the regular version of this indicator
PS: the example is a 1 hour TDI on a 30 minute chart

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
Hi mladen,

I'm not sure if this has been done already, did a search but didn't find it so here goes:

Can you add to the TDI indicator a Jurik smooth for the RSI...?

I like this indicator and have been using it in my manual trading for a while now.

Am eager to see what would happen if we make it smooth / zerolag.

Other ideas/approaches welcome of course..!

The TDI in the attachment is the one you (re)coded a while ago.

Most appreciated as always,

Snow
Files:

mladen:
Snow Here you go You can choose to smooth regular or to double smooth (faster) depends on your needs. With short periods of smoothing difference between regular and double are not big, But if you use longer period, double tends to be much "faster". Both smoothing ways are jurik smoothing (of course ) I any case, both smoothing ways are much, much faster then the regular built in moving averages used by the regular version of this indicator
PS: the example is a 1 hour TDI on a 30 minute chart

regards

Mladen

Mladen, can you add red/blue dots (buy/sell) on chart where red/blue line cross? Funny, cause I asked this yesterday and after that was thinking should I asked Mladen about smoothing as well.

altoronto

Missed that post.

So here you have the smoothed version with addition of alerts and arrows. Just some explanation : in the "regular" one smoothing is used too, but that smoothing is limited to built in moving averages and as I said the "smoothed" version is faster (and more flexible in my opinion, since this is a low lag smoothing after all)

Here is the same example 1 hour TDI on a 30 minute chart but with arrows now
regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Mladen, can you add red/blue dots (buy/sell) on chart where red/blue line cross? Funny, cause I asked this yesterday and after that was thinking should I asked Mladen about smoothing as well.

Mladen,

me bad! I should have checked back further,

Thanks

Ray

mladen:
Ray

Take a look at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

regards

Mladen

mladen:
altoronto

Missed that post.

So here you have the smoothed version with addition of alerts and arrows. Just some explanation : in the "regular" one smoothing is used too, but that smoothing is limited to built in moving averages and as I said the "smoothed" version is faster (and more flexible in my opinion, since this is a low lag smoothing after all)

Here is the same example 1 hour TDI on a 30 minute chart but with arrows now
regards Mladen

Thanks Mladen.

indicator

Hi mladen,

Is it possible in MT4 to build an indicator that can recognize one or several trendlines drawed manually ?

The goal is that if I draw like in the joint image a trendline from those two points signaled by two elypses in the image, the indicator knows we are in an uptrend. Taking this uptrend into consideration, it will display an alert(or send an email) when the price comes back near to a moving average (showed by arrows on the image), saying something like "possible entrance for long here".

thanks in advance for your answer

best regards,

Files:

zig zag lauer

Hi Mladen

I have been back testing this indicator (DT Zig Zag Lauer Seperate - attached, which is based on DT ZigZag Lauer - also attached) on a 5 min chart, with the Gross Period set to 15. The results are very promising however, when placed on a chart and forward tested the dots don't seem to refresh - only when you change time frame and back do they update.

I know the indicator is based on Zig Zag and are prone to recalculating, but I was wondering if there is any reason why the dots refresh, and if there is any reason why the back testing results are cleaner than real time forward testing? Can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Andy

Try out this version (this is the on chart version) As you know, DT ZigZag is actually a mtf (4 hour by default) ZigZag with a "quirk" in the code (it shows high/low with 1 target time frame bar delay. Changed the original ZigZag to do the same thing (and some little extra - this one is showing what DT will only show at some stage as future values at the right side, and you can easily choose to use those values or not, since it is visible which are the values not shown by DT but shown by this indicator)
Also, added the "separate" version too. See the comparison to DT separate (lower one on the picture)
PS: these are standalone indicators (they do not need any other indicator presence in the indicators folder in order to work)

regards

Mladen

osirisja:
Hi Mladen

I have been back testing this indicator (DT Zig Zag Lauer Seperate - attached, which is based on DT ZigZag Lauer - also attached) on a 5 min chart, with the Gross Period set to 15. The results are very promising however, when placed on a chart and forward tested the dots don't seem to refresh - only when you change time frame and back do they update.

I know the indicator is based on Zig Zag and are prone to recalculating, but I was wondering if there is any reason why the dots refresh, and if there is any reason why the back testing results are cleaner than real time forward testing? Can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance

Andy

mladen:
Andy Try out this version (this is the on chart version) As you know, DT ZigZag is actually a mtf (4 hour by default) ZigZag with a "quirk" in the code (it shows high/low with 1 target time frame bar delay. Changed the original ZigZag to do the same thing (and some little extra - this one is showing what DT will only show at some stage as future values at the right side, and you can easily choose to use those values or not, since it is visible which are the values not shown by DT but shown by this indicator)
Also, added the "separate" version too. See the comparison to DT separate (lower one on the picture)
PS: these are standalone indicators (they do not need any other indicator presence in the indicators folder in order to work)

regards

Mladen

Thank you so much Mladen

If only the future values showed the real future direction - we would be rich!

Is there any reason why this new version would change its values when the current T/F is refreshed as the previous DT version did? By that I mean will forward testing provide exactly the same results as back testing does? I guess the only real way is to forward test in real time....

I will let you all know how it looks

Thanks again

Andy

Reason: