Elite indicators :) - page 168

TMA Bands

Odysseus,

In the strategy I mentioned on previous page I am using only current time frame TMA bands for entry. The strategy is to trade with the trend. In downtrends I am using current time frame upper TMA band only for entries, when the price pulls back to this band I enter into a fresh short position.

The higher time frame for lower band is used only for identifying the change of trend. When the price crosses and closes beyondthe higher time frame lower band it tells me that the price has entered into an oversold territory and trend reversal is likely. At that point I swap the timeframe of upper and lower bands. Because now I will be considering entering only long positions by watching the lower timeframe lower TMA band and price crosseovers.

Lower time frame band is used for entries, upper time frame band is used only for anticipating the trend reversals.

mladen, can you please modify this TMA version 2 indicator with different timeframes for upper and lower bands and these timeframes swap when the price crosses and closes beyond the higher timeframe band.

Regards,

Umesh

odysseus11:
umesh,

I have been using these bands and mtf TM arrows as well, and can tell you that you will get false entries when higher timeframe is trending in a different direction as lower/current tf. This week the higher TFs were trending UP most of the week on the majors. The point is that this may reverse and for example if next week the higher TF is trending lower, u will see much of the opposite of this past week (u will get many bad/false up arrows on the lower/current tf chart).

One possible enhancement could be a built -in filter for the arrows to only display current TF arrows in direction of higher tf chart trend.

Mladen, can this be done?

ALSO, I HUMBLY REQUEST an mtf version of your excellent modified ADXm smoothed

THANKS!

Dear mladen,

could you please help me on this ? Some days before I asked for a modification of your "T3_Momentum Burst + mtf" (post # 1652, # 1650).

I know you are a busy man and I really appreciate your work and the wealth of information in this forum and because you wrote this indicator I'm adressing this question to you.

I would like to use two "T3_Momentum Burst + mtf" with different TF in the same sub-window. The problem is, that if I do so, both Zero-lines don't fit. I know it is an indicator oscillating around the zeroline.

I know that a calibration can be made by hand - by adjusting the "Fixed minimum" or "Fixed maximum" of the indis "Common" tab. But that just holds for a short time. As soon as time goes on and price runs out of the window, this calibration becomes obsolete. So this is no solution. I think if possible, it should be done inside the indi.

Can this be done ? Or is this an impossible request ?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I'm not a programmer and I must admit that I don't have any idea.

Please, can you or someone of the programmers please help me with this ?

Thanks in advance

derfel

derfel,

I think that this is what you are looking for.

This one is a "2 file indicator" (you need both indicators in order to make the "2" version work, for now could not come up with a solution that would make it a singe file indicator, too much recursive pitfalls) but it does what you are asking. If you change the name of the "T3_Momentum Burst + mtf" indicator, the, please, enter the exact name in the IndicatorFileNameparameter
regards

mladen

derfel:
Dear mladen,

could you please help me on this ? Some days before I asked for a modification of your "T3_Momentum Burst + mtf" (post # 1652, # 1650).

I know you are a busy man and I really appreciate your work and the wealth of information in this forum and because you wrote this indicator I'm adressing this question to you.

I would like to use two "T3_Momentum Burst + mtf" with different TF in the same sub-window. The problem is, that if I do so, both Zero-lines don't fit. I know it is an indicator oscillating around the zeroline.

I know that a calibration can be made by hand - by adjusting the "Fixed minimum" or "Fixed maximum" of the indis "Common" tab. But that just holds for a short time. As soon as time goes on and price runs out of the window, this calibration becomes obsolete. So this is no solution. I think if possible, it should be done inside the indi.

Can this be done ? Or is this an impossible request ?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I'm not a programmer and I must admit that I don't have any idea.

Please, can you or someone of the programmers please help me with this ?

Thanks in advance

derfel

TTM Scalper Indicator

mladen,

Hi. Could you please add email alerts to this one? It would alert only after the swing point, has been painted and closed. For example,

1. the swing point bar is painted two bars after its close

2. whenever the bar is painted permanently I would like the alert

I don't know if the swing point bar is painted permanently at the beginning of the second bar, during the second bar's movement, or after the second bar's close.

Secondly, is there a way to put a RISK setting in the Inputs tab? I have seen some indicators with one. This would provide more flexibility and experimentation to me when trying TTM with different timeframes, etc.

Thank you.

Files:

T3_Momentum Burst + mtf 2

Dear mladen,

thanks for your solution. Roughly that is what I thought. Please see the pic below. It is is taken from a 1min TF.

1. row = 1 min (blue)

2. row = 1 min (blue) + 5 min (green)

Inside the combined indi (2.row) the "bigger" (green) TF looks fine. But the "smaller" TF (blue) is very small and so very hard to spot. If it would be possible to enlarge this line or to keep the size from the "original" like in the 1.row would be fine. Is that possible to make ?

Thanks

derfel

Files:
mom_1and2.jpg  65 kb

Derfel,

I am afraid that there is no simple solution for what you want

Let me explain : the values you are seeing are real values of those time frames. They are "centered" around zero line and thus they are showing exact values without distortion (that is a nature of momentum : higher time frame momentum is almost always greater than lower time frame momentum - the peaks of them) Making them "equal" is not possible without value change and / or slopes deformation

Here is an example (attaching the indicator that does that) : you can apply some fixed multiplier to any of the time frames, but then the value is lost and in some situations, due to the way how metatrader draws indicators, it is going to cause "flattening" of one of the indicators (on the picture upper is the original and lower is with a lower time frame multiplied with 2 : as you can see the higher time frame is "flattened" compared to the upper
Normalization can bring them to same ranges, but normalization "deforms" the slopes. And example : a "raw stochastic" 30 period normalization applied - compare the lower to the upper
Any other method of normalization is going to give similar results

Conclusion : there is no method that could bring them to same ranges without deformation of some kind. Try these out, but this is more or less the best that can be done regarding the problem of bringing them to same range of values

regards

mladen

derfel:
Dear mladen,

thanks for your solution. Roughly that is what I thought. Please see the pic below. It is is taken from a 1min TF.

1. row = 1 min (blue)

2. row = 1 min (blue) + 5 min (green)

Inside the combined indi (2.row) the "bigger" (green) TF looks fine. But the "smaller" TF (blue) is very small and so very hard to spot. If it would be possible to enlarge this line or to keep the size from the "original" like in the 1.row would be fine. Is that possible to make ?

Thanks

derfel

T3_Momentum Burst + mtf 2 with multiplier

Hi mladen,

mission fulfilled.

Your solution is a great help. Thank you for your work and your plain explanations.

derfel]

Scalped 34.9 pips this morning with standard deviations.

I think this would be veryconsistent with an alert.

Files:
26.4_pips2.gif  18 kb

hi mladen,

I hope you had a nice weekend.

I have a question about the Pivot Indicator you created. Can you make it so the level lines start at the last candle and line up on the left side of the chart (like in box on the chart below?)

When I load up the Monthly, Weekly, Daily, and Hourly Pivots on the same chart it's a bit complicated to read.

Thanks!

Fudo

Files:
pivot.gif  20 kb

mladen,

Can you make an alert when standard deviations is heading up on two edit or more timeframes as in the pic. below?

(This morning 26.4 scalp pips using bbandwidthratio alert which is really just standard deviations)

Files:
st._dev._6.gif  39 kb
26.4_pips1.gif  17 kb
Reason: